Difficulty

tristan12375

I have to say, I havent enjoyed the other souls like game, but this one I love it

what really have done it for me is you dont have to follow anything just do what you wanna do.

I have been stuck on some bosses and just went and done something else entirely, then came back with better gear and a higher lvl, so I say this game is good and just take your time

• Like 4

Yeah the game is not linear so if you get stuck on a boss, you aren't gonna be stuck in some corridor or dungeon, just go somewhere else.

There's like almost 50 hours of content you can do in the center and eastern areas of the map before you even go for the first storyline trophy boss in the castle in the North West if that's your thing.

Also, unlike say Bloodborne, you don't need to have discovered a boss in order to start coop, so you can do coop much easier.

Even offline, you can summon monsters to help you fight regular enemies and not just help you with bosses. There's also a few NPCs you make friends with, and can be invited to help on som of the tougher bosses early on if you're struggling there, there's also no detriment to calling them (Unlike say Bloodborne where you actually used consumables and had a finite amount)

• Like 2

I struggled more with Nioh.

Elden Ring doesn't require you to tackle bosses that are out of your comfort zone. You can bypass everything via exploring, if you just focus on completing catacombs and mines, upgrading equipment and finding all the golden seeds / sacred tears - and just mopping up every golden rune you find lying around, you can just safely crouch near a grace and gain levels without fighting by popping those in. You can even just ride up to mid-endgame areas to collect high level golden runes that give you tens of thousands of runes, dozens of free levels. After that, even mandatory bosses are a joke.

Edited by fbdbh

Nioh and Nioh 2 both are harder as soon as you step into Demon difficulty or above.  I would also say that Dark Souls 3 DLC is harder than anything in Elden Ring.  Dark Souls 1 and 2's DLCs are also probably harder than Elden Ring.  The only way to make Elden Ring explicitly hard is to deliberately not use what the game gives you.  The spirit ashes mechanic makes every boss fight pretty easy to beat in 1 to 5 attempts.  Mostly just have to watch for some burst damage from some of the late game bosses, but its not really that difficult to avoid.  As long as you get like 50-60 Vigor and then just use the 25% hp great rune + rune arc to get above 2100 HP in the late game then it is quite hard to get deleted before you can run away and heal while your spirit ashe takes aggro.  I was able to maintain medium weight with well over 40% damage reduction in all physical stats with the legendary damage reduction talisman on top of that.

• Like 2

I would say for a Souls game it's on the easy end for the most part with a few massive spikes in difficult. There are a lot of quality of life improvements such as ash spirits and being able to ride the horse past most enemies that really bring the difficult down. I would say if you were thinking about trying a Souls the Demon's Souls remake might be a better one to start on since you can cheese almost every boss so the game is sort of as hard as you want it to be. Assuming you have a PS5. Otherwise Elden Ring is the most user friendly entry into the series.

On 3/25/2022 at 4:00 PM, JIMMOTHYY said:

Elden Ring is on the way to being the highest completed platinum out of the series. Unless you don't like Dark Souls mechanics, most people will be able to platinum it.

Gonna go with a big agree here. I see Elden Ring as potentially becoming the highest Platted Soulslike game. With Mimic/Ash Summon the difficulty plummets a lot. Also there are very very few missables compared to previous games, and less need for various NG+ cycles.

Edited by tranquility101
  • Like 2

There is no "if you build character correctly it isn't so difficult", you can build and play anyway you want and complete just fine. The game is so good because there is no one way to do things. Everyone has a play style that will work for them. Maybe you want to co-op here and there, maybe you want to melee solo, maybe you want a hybrid caster, etc. Like I put zero points in vigor early on. Some want that HP bar comfort, some live like me, a glass cannon.

PSNP Plat rate is really more about how good the game is than difficulty, FromSoft games have a massive following just like CoD. People who don't normally go for 100% in games will do it because it'll be the best game they ever play in 2022. Seen so many Steam 100% cheeves from people who don't normally complete other games. That tells you a lot.

• Like 3

On 3/24/2022 at 6:31 PM, tristan12375 said:

This game looks amazing but I don’t if it’ll be too difficult. I got to the spider lady boss in nioh and gave up. Is this game easier than nioh 

This game is easier than nioh but even so harder boss fights are involved than the spider boss fight in nioh.

• Like 2

On 29/03/2022 at 2:38 AM, SKiL_Clash said:

Definitely one of the easiest Souls games in my opinion. For the most part you can just run around most enemies with Torrent. Even in linear areas that don't allow Torrent. There is so much more Grace in each area than the other soul games. Along with the fact that you can still easily run around most the enemies as you run to the next Grace. Also as stated above the trophies are by far extremely easy. Just defeat most of the enemies and collect a few legendary weapons, Ashes, and Talismans. We don't have to kill bosses multiple times in NG++ for a certain weapon/spell or collect all Pyromancies, Miracles, or Rings like in pervious games. Certainly will be the easiest list out of the Soul franchise.

Wish I knew I could use the boss souls as they would have helped me. But the inner me told me to never crack them lmao.

About the boss souls even if you could use the temple to get the remembrances twice, I didn't even sell these objects, they looked like some sacred stuff imo. This would have been a crime to do so haha