All-new PlayStation Plus launches in June with 700+ games and more value than ever

It'll happen when it happens, but the "as soon as next week" sure is a convenient phrase to drum up some clicks without actually putting anything new into an article.

I'm also waiting for the details, but I'm doubting the comparisons to Game Pass. I think some people just can't help but be so reductive in their thinking.

• Like 4

If it's the deal from the supposed leak from a month ago, I'm probably down for it. A slight increase in my yearly sub is worth having the BC listed. If for no other reason than to encourage expanding it. But this is likely going to go south because Sony. Still holding out for the perfect, complete BC dream.

• Like 1

I'm pretty excited about this, but I do hope that the cheapest plan is equal to the existing cost of PS+.

I'm quite interested in them adding more Classics to the platform. That said, I hope this subscription has a DLC included. DLC is the main weakness of PS Now. I don't really have any interest in playing a title where 20-30% of the content gets locked behind an additional paywall.

If they want to be like Netflix, then DLC and Seasonal content need to be included like how new seasons of shows are added at no cost to me.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I'm pretty excited about this, but I do hope that the cheapest plan is equal to the existing cost of PS+.

I'm quite interested in them adding more Classics to the platform. That said, I hope this subscription has a DLC included. DLC is the main weakness of PS Now. I don't really have any interest in playing a title where 20-30% of the content gets locked behind an additional paywall.

If they want to be like Netflix, then DLC and Seasonal content need to be included like how new seasons of shows are added at no cost to me.

That's unlikely to happen, since DLC is one of the main draws of putting your games on a service like PS+ or PS Now. Even Game Pass doesn't give out games with DLC. Sony doesn't pay games enough to substitute for millions of individual sales, but if your game has extra DLC, then you're getting millions of new players trying out a game and hopefully buying the DLC for your game. That's why a lot of the time when a game goes on PS+ or Now, the DLC goes on sale.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

That's unlikely to happen, since DLC is one of the main draws of putting your games on a service like PS+ or PS Now. Even Game Pass doesn't give out games with DLC. Sony doesn't pay games enough to substitute for millions of individual sales, but if your game has extra DLC, then you're getting millions of new players trying out a game and hopefully buying the DLC for your game. That's why a lot of the time when a game goes on PS+ or Now, the DLC goes on sale.

I definitely understand that fact. I'd be more than happy to pay for a higher tier that includes DLC as that would ultimately save me money in the long run. Also, my guess is that they won't have such a robust lineup of new games, so most of the DLC will be quite old for the games they offer.

For many games, just getting millions of players to buy microtransactions is more than enough.

Edited by sepheroithisgod
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

The one problem here, and I hope they solve it, is the DLC issue with Now. For a great many games, buying the DLC from the PS3 store doesn't allow you to access it from the game in Now due to have the game is listed.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I definitely understand that fact. I'd be more than happy to pay for a higher tier that includes DLC as that would ultimately save me money in the long run. Also, my guess is that they won't have such a robust lineup of new games, so most of the DLC will be quite old for the games they offer.

For many games, just getting millions of players to buy microtransactions is more than enough.

Yeah, the problem though is that they'd have to charge a massive amount to make it worth it for each individual developer willing to give away their DLC as part of the plan. Subscription models like these just aren't very good at generating profit; it's a well known fact that Game Pass costs Microsoft money. These game subscriptions are a very good deal for the consumer, but generally a very raw deal for the game devs / publishers.

3 minutes ago, Jelly Soup said:

The one problem here, and I hope they solve it, is the DLC issue with Now. For a great many games, buying the DLC from the PS3 store doesn't allow you to access it from the game in Now due to have the game is listed.

That's true. And since PS3 games are very well past their heyday it may be easier to get DLC for them. I was super disappointed that FO3 didn't even come with the DLC on PS Now.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DION3TO said:

Curious here about the prices Sony is gonna charge for all of this. I don't expect anything close to GamePass prices, but way higher. :/

According to rumors, the pricing tiers would be 10 / 13 / 16, which is fairly low (well, compared to buying Now and + individually), and makes me worry they'll stop putting as much effort into PS Now. (Which, granted, isn't saying much due to the state of the service.)

Edited by Darling Baphomet

I've been waiting for these news to renew my Plus membership. It's time. But the big news would be PlayStation Classics with trophy support.

Edited by Katt
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

If that's real, that's some dogshit. What happened to the ps1/ps2/psp games? This is no different than the current ps now with ps3 and ps4

That one of many reasons this is likely fake. The image has more things off about it the more you look.

32 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Restricting monthly store discounts to the gold tier is weird as well, you'd think that would be part of every tier

Unless the goal is to make you buy more so you can spend less to buy more, thus eliminating the discount.

I should be working in corporate instead of shitposting in Discord, I tell you what.

• Like 2