Abby_TheLastofUs

All-new PlayStation Plus launches in June with 700+ games and more value than ever

287 posts in this topic

would be pretty cool to go back to the old wwe games, like shut your mouth, here comes the pain and just bring it

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Helyx said:

Intelligent Qube trophy support

 

Ya'll heard it here first.

 

Unironically would be down for that.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can please anyone answer my cuestion:

 

If you only have PS Now, you will get PS Plus Premium and if you only have PS Plus, you will get PS Plus Essential?

 

I've got PS Plus for 1 year a few days ago and I'm now forced to pay another 60 euros to get premium when the service release?

 

Wouldn't it make sense if you need both to get PS Plus Premium instead of just PS Now or do I misunderstood something?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigMoTwentySeven said:

Can please anyone answer my cuestion:

 

If you only have PS Now, you will get PS Plus Premium and if you only have PS Plus, you will get PS Plus Essential?

 

I've got PS Plus for 1 year a few days ago and I'm now forced to pay another 60 euros to get premium when the service release?

 

Wouldn't it make sense if you need both to get PS Plus Premium instead of just PS Now or do I misunderstood something?

 

What i hear is realy this. PS Now will be converted to Plus Premium and PS Plus will be converted to Essential, but i don't know how to do any upgrade if you only have PS Plus.

 

I'm from Brazil and we don't have the PS Now service, so everyone in here will be transfered to Essential.

 

So....i really want to play PS3 games, but saddly we don't have the PS Plus Premium :'(

Hey Sony, look for Brazil!!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah. More Abo crap...

 

Ill szay with ps+ and only buying my right to play online. 

 

I dont need anymore

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

So is this launching in June? Or between now and June and it should be fully released by June. 

Edited by Cryogenicide_X
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/IP9101-NPIA90010_01-PSNOWSUB12MO0000?cartAction=buynow&skuId=IP9101-NPIA90010_01-PSNOWSUB12MO0000-UJ01&upSellService=NONE

Found this while browsing reddit(us only, if anyone can find a link that works with other psn regions please share). Was able to top up my psnow subscription for 2 years using this link(i did it in the ps4 browser btw). Take advantage before sony discovers it and shuts it down.

Edit:sony fixed the exploit. Congrats to anyone who took advantage.

Edited by jgm4789
Updated info
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why are they going to combine ps plus and ps now it dos not make any sense to me 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because it’s easier? 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

okay that makes sence are you going to use it that ps game pass? skill_clash

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a unified service umbrella with paywall tiers to cater to the needs of the individual. What's not to understand?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jgm4789 said:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/IP9101-NPIA90010_01-PSNOWSUB12MO0000?cartAction=buynow&skuId=IP9101-NPIA90010_01-PSNOWSUB12MO0000-UJ01&upSellService=NONE

Found this while browsing reddit(us only, if anyone can find a link that works with other psn regions please share). Was able to top up my psnow subscription for 2 years using this link(i did it in the ps4 browser btw). Take advantage before sony discovers it and shuts it down.

 

If it's going to work as people expect, it means having only PS Now (no Plus) will automatically convert the account to the new Playstation Plus Premium?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Helyx said:

It's a unified service umbrella with paywall tiers to cater to the needs of the individual. What's not to understand?

 

Why Sony thinks $120 is an attractive price for the diet coke of BC.

I mean I'll still buy it for a year and see, but I'm also still going to complain about it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The top tier is too expensive for me, but I will admit that's still a good price. However, will there be trophy support for everything on offer?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

 

that'll show 'em buddy

 

we all know companies pay more attention to the customer complaints section instead of the revenue income on their quarterly/yearly financial reports 

 

Not gonna matter either way, really. One purchase from me or zero purchases from me aren't going to show up on any metrics.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 31/03/2022 at 9:54 AM, BigMoTwentySeven said:

Wouldn't it make sense if you need both to get PS Plus Premium instead of just PS Now or do I misunderstood something?

 

 

It's more based on how to convert your costumers subscriptions and have them keep all the features they previously paid for, it just so happens that to match current PS Now subscriptions they need to be bumped to Premium, same can't be said for Plus which is essentially (pun) Essentials.

 

On 03/04/2022 at 3:32 AM, jgm4789 said:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/IP9101-NPIA90010_01-PSNOWSUB12MO0000?cartAction=buynow&skuId=IP9101-NPIA90010_01-PSNOWSUB12MO0000-UJ01&upSellService=NONE

Found this while browsing reddit(us only, if anyone can find a link that works with other psn regions please share). Was able to top up my psnow subscription for 2 years using this link(i did it in the ps4 browser btw). Take advantage before sony discovers it and shuts it down.


Here's the UK link but seems to work for any EU country as long as you previously signed in - https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/IP9102-NPIA90011_01-PSNOWSUBS00365V2

EDIT: Links seem to be down now.

Edited by Aodir
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welp, sony officially closed the loophole to get plus premium half off. So now the only option left is to pay in full at release or buy 12 1 month subs(which is the same price as plus premium)since psnow cards are starting to not work(physical cards at least)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no PS Now here in Brazil (which is ridiculous since Microsoft has released their Cloud Gaming throughout the country with no major issues whatsoever).
So I'll have to stick to either PS Plus Extra or Deluxe (day one catalog will help me decide here).  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys. 

 

Do you think that the ps1-ps2-psp versions can bring trophies?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MANU1950 said:

Hey guys. 

 

Do you think that the ps1-ps2-psp versions can bring trophies?

 

The possibility is there, but it really comes down to whoever owns the publishing rights as to if the expense of deving some achievement flags is worth it or not.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MANU1950 said:

Hey guys. 

 

Do you think that the ps1-ps2-psp versions can bring trophies?

I personally believe Sony / publishers won't bother the effort of doing such thing (but I wish they would). 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2022 at 5:54 PM, Jelly Soup said:

 

Why Sony thinks $120 is an attractive price for the diet coke of BC.

I mean I'll still buy it for a year and see, but I'm also still going to complain about it.

 

I think Sony feels $120 for the Premium tier is a good value because it has 700+ games available across that tier.  Now, whether you see a value in about 340 games for PS1, PS2, PSP, and PS3 (via cloud streaming only) and about 400 games downloadable for PS4/5 is a personal choice.  Overall, I see a value in the number of titles but I'm personally disappointed that PS3 games are cloud streaming only.  That might be a deterrent for me to get the Premium tier but if I'm looking at this objectively, I think it's a good value overall.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paperclip1776 said:

 

I think Sony feels $120 for the Premium tier is a good value because it has 700+ games available across that tier.  Now, whether you see a value in about 340 games for PS1, PS2, PSP, and PS3 (via cloud streaming only) and about 400 games downloadable for PS4/5 is a personal choice.  Overall, I see a value in the number of titles but I'm personally disappointed that PS3 games are cloud streaming only.  That might be a deterrent for me to get the Premium tier but if I'm looking at this objectively, I think it's a good value overall.

 

The PS3 itself was designed in a way that many developers had a hard time coding for the system back when the PS3 was current and relevant. It was a serious mistake on Sony's end considering they had such a horrendous start in the late 2000s when it looked like the Xbox 360 was going to run away with the competition. Xbox 360 games are fully backwards compatible, whereas for PS3 games your only choices are to stream them via PS Now or have an actual PS3 console.

 

I still have my PS3 hooked up, I feel it's still a solid system. No need to worry about PS Now suddenly getting games taken off for no good reason. I don't buy into the games as a service thing, because that's essentially what PS Now is. You're just streaming and downloading games, you don't own any of them and it's pretty clear that Sony, Microsoft and others are desperately trying to drift away from physical.

 

Unfortunately a lot of games these days tend to be digital only so I have little choice but to buy them in that format. I prefer physical because it doesn't account for any package tier, plus I'm able to sell them at any time at various pawn shops, gaming stores and on online websites such as eBay. You cannot do that with digital. In recent times companies have made an effort to refund customers their money if they weren't happy with the purchases they made online.

 

Sony is no different now than Netflix, Amazon Prime and all the other streaming services. This new PlayStation Plus is the best way to stay relevant and keeping up with the times. But it's another reason for me not to bother with modern gaming and just stick with legacy systems that I know will work even long after support for them is stopped.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.