All-new PlayStation Plus launches in June with 700+ games and more value than ever

Just now, kdogg_gamer_ said:

Do you guys think this is the finished product? Or will Sony add ALL games from their library eventually?

That would require ALL publishers and developers to fork over rights to Sony to do that. Anyone want to wager on the likelihood of that happening?

4 minutes ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

I opened the app but don't see it? Which tab is it under? 

EDIT: Disregard read your response incorrectly.

This will be the vast majority of it, with added PS5 and PS1 titles. Though I expect the PS2 library to also expand, and PS4 too of course.

Edited by NewDust

Just now, DaivRules said:

That would require ALL publishers and developers to fork over rights to Sony to do that. Anyone want to wager on the likelihood of that happening?

Yeah it is unlikely but somewhere deep down inside of me, I believe Sony has a plan to add more. I don't hate them like a lot of PlayStation users seem to. I am a collector of PS3 titles but hey if I can get some digital only games through this without paying then thats a plus (no pun intended).

Weak sauce. 

If I didn't want Now before, why would I want it now? I can't take Sony seriously when they say they "plan" to have certain titles on the service. I've lived with their terrible selections for long enough, no way I'd pay even more just to be disappointed again.

My sub ran out earlier this month and there's no way I'm renewing it now. 

It's just fucked that Sony locked my cloud saves behind Plus and won't let us use USB sticks for PS5 game saves. That's an extremely low move.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NewDust said:

Any word on how they are going to handle the transition for current Plus and Now subscribers? Hoping for a Game Pass style transition, but preparing to be disappointed.

On the blog, it says the following for Now subscriptions:

PlayStation Now will transition into the new PlayStation Plus offering and will no longer be available as a standalone service. PlayStation Now customers will migrate over to PlayStation Plus Premium with no increase to their current subscription fees at launch.

Pass. I prefer native emulation. Insert disc and it's good to go.

6 minutes ago, MercilessWaffle said:

Ah good, now I know there won't be any change to my PS+, and I can now simply ignore this and continue on with my "essential" PS+ subscription.

If I've read Essential right, you will be getting 2 free games per month instead of 3.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cy1999aek_maik said:

It still appears for me here https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/ps-now/

Be good if it works and doesn't give an error. Have you tried it?

5 minutes ago, Eraezr said:

Pass. I prefer native emulation. Insert disc and it's good to go.

If I've read Essential right, you will be getting 2 free games per month instead of 3.

That's always been the case. PS5 is considered a bonus. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kamurotetsu said:

Sony need to clarify if there's an upgrade path for existing PS+ subs who have paid years in advance, or if that is even an option.

You'll be on the basic plan.  PS Now transfers to the premium plan.

Edit: Nvm I see what you mean now. 

Edited by pro_cow_tipper

Can’t say I’m supportive of spending any more money on a subscription that’ll combine what’s already available. Even if they release a whole new catalog of games, what’s the point of having a larger library if you only have a limited amount of time to play some of them? Because if I remember correctly, PS Now gets rid of games all the time. Might not be any different here, who knows. Don’t think I’ll bite until Sony manages to allow us to download PS3 titles. This isn’t worth it. 

• Like 2

I'm not really sold on the upper tiers. How do PS1, PS2, and PSP titles warrant the highest tier? They also mention PlayStation Studio titles will be available in the PlayStation Plus Extra tier but fail to clarify if it is Day 1 or not. I can't really imagine paying extra unless they have newer games on the subscription.

PS Now never interested me because it seemed like the games were always from a year or two ago.

Edited by sepheroithisgod
  • Like 1

Just now, pro_cow_tipper said:

You'll be on the basic plan.  PS Now transfers to the premium plan.

I don't have PS Now, only PS+, but have 3 years left on my subscription. Do I pay in full another year just to upgrade? Does that upgrade then transfer to my current 3 years? Unless I'm missing something, It's not clear. 

I guess i'm in the minority, but though I admit it's not groundbreaking (and I didn't expect that honestly), i'm... okey. Living in my country, every game at full price is a tough investment. With the Deluxe thing here, $77 is not a crazy price for a catalogue, though i hope they improve it. 

It's intriguing and that price point is not bad at all. I think this will all boil down to the quality of games and how often do they add/delist them just like the current PS Now. Games get delisted off PS Now with practically no warning and then you can't play them at all. Also not being able to download PS3 and older titles and they can only be streamed is a bummer and it doesn't sound like they're getting many PS3 and older titles onto the service to begin with. 300+ is not really a whole lot across 3 console generations. 

It's a start I guess but this is still not the optimal solution and I hope they continue to improve it over time and they can get at least 90% of their back catalog backwards compatible but I don't see that happening. This is just a glorified PS Now as it currently stands but at only $10 a month, it's not that bad of a price. It's double what we're currently paying but it's also adding double the amount of games for PS Now. It really does just come down to the quality of the games. We know it'll include practically all the exclusives but what about 3rd party stuff on the older consoles? That's the big question. I'll likely end up getting it anyway because at the end of the day, it's $10/month which is cheaper than any other subscription service I can think of including Game Pass Ultimate. Then again, you know that price is just to get people in and it'll be raised after a year or two just like every other subscription service does. 

26 minutes ago, Ghost said:

On the blog, it says the following for Now subscriptions:

PlayStation Now will transition into the new PlayStation Plus offering and will no longer be available as a standalone service. PlayStation Now customers will migrate over to PlayStation Plus Premium with no increase to their current subscription fees at launch.

Yeah, I just extended to 2029 ? for €60 a year, but it seems they now have taken the purchasing option offline.

Still not sure what happens to my current PS+ subscription, as that would no longer be necessary.

• Like 1

i'll end up subscribing to the highest tier. as long as the ps3 list remain unchanged or added more i'm happy but not so much with the removal of one game from the plus.

wanting 3 FML.

edit: i forgot about that deal. maybe i'll buy now for one year. 60$ is nice.

Edited by Lordguwa

Yeah, I'm not too sure what to think about all of this either.

My experience with PSnow is... not that great.

"Oh my god!!! I can play Fallout 3 again!!!"  Soon followed by "Wait, but what about the DLC?
And that's pretty much for all the games.

And don't even start about the input lag.

If this is just going to be the same as it always was, then I see no benefit in it, at all.

People ignored it for a reason, and they will continue to do so, period.

Now, if I can download the PS3 games and install/buy the DLC that comes with it, hell yeah!!!
But, I think we all know that that's not going to happen.

But, the thing that worries me the most is that this is absolutely nothing compared to Gamepass.

Now, gamepass is not sustainable long-term, I get that.

But, this new plus service isn't even in the same league as gamepass.

If this is the service that should convince people to stay with Playstation and ignore Xbox/Gamepass, then, God... they are doing one terrible job.

• Like 2