All-new PlayStation Plus launches in June with 700+ games and more value than ever

So basically i can just buy 2 years now subscription today before it launches and get the top tier service for the price i would have paid to renew both services. Works for me as i was just about to renew my now subscription and my plus runs out on june 20 so that saves me money in the long run(until 2024 anyways when ill have to pay 120$ lol).

So let me get this straight....

Tier 1 = plus

Tier 2 = plus + PS4 line up on PS now

Tier 3 = plus + now

They appear to be using the relaunch as an opportunity to bolster the line ups of Tier 2 and Tier 3 with something a bit more exciting but that's essentially it right?

Edited by Cleggworth
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, NewDust said:

Yeah, I just extended to 2029 ? for €60 a year, but it seems they now have taken the purchasing option offline.

Still not sure what happens to my current PS+ subscription, as that would no longer be necessary.

Nice. ☺️

I couldn't extend it after getting one year so I guess that's confirmation that they took it off (at least in my region).

Edited by Ghost

As much as I hate the fact that they charge a fee to let us play online on games/servers they dont host, a fairer price of £15 a year would have been good for people who dont want the games or discounts.

Anyway, lets wait and see. If the games are on the same level as GPU, the Extra tier will be worth it.

• Like 1

A lot of people are asking what the content is for the 700 games but we already know it. In the blog post it even says PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now come together

So here is a link to the content https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/ps-now/ps-now-games/#all-ps-now-games

Also lets be honest, the conversion of the subscription will just be to the basic tier that is exactly what PS+ is now at the same price

On 25/03/2022 at 4:39 PM, Vergil said:

I'll see the details before making a decision. But honestly i don't want a Netflix thing like every thing out there is turning into

I dont mind a netflix style option for games. Netflix is a lot more value compared to traditional TV packages, and a gaming service could do the same for games. I just dont understand why the ability to play online has to be attached with it.

The best days of PS+ were during PS3 when online was free and the only people on PS+ were people who actually liked the games that were on there. It kept Sony in check because they knew subscribers would drop like flies if the put crap on there, the same way Netflix know people will move to Prime Video, Disney or other services if they dont keep coming out with good content.

It's actually a not a bad business model in terms of value for the average consumer (this is coming from someone who HATES digital). Sony just dont have enough competition to do it in a consumer friendly manner like the TV streaming companies do where you dont get penalised for paying month by month, and you get a good heads up of whats coming in future months so you can cancel whenever the service goes downhill and resubscribe when its decent.

2 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

I don’t know if anyone’s mention this yet but in the PSBlog the current model, or Essentials, states that monthly games will now only include 2 games instead of the usual 3. 

It's been mentioned several times already (and will probably be mentioned many more times) and the response posted is that there has always been just two games as part of Plus and the PS5 games have been a "bonus".

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, neverConcede said:

A lot of people are asking what the content is for the 700 games but we already know it. In the blog post it even says PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now come together

So here is a link to the content https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/ps-now/ps-now-games/#all-ps-now-games

Also lets be honest, the conversion of the subscription will just be to the basic tier that is exactly what PS+ is now at the same price

Thats disappointing. £11.99 a month is same as GPU and they get games like Guardians of the Galaxy, everything on EA Access, and MS games on day 1 (yes, I know theres not as many as PS)

1 hour ago, Eraezr said:

Pass. I prefer native emulation. Insert disc and it's good to go.

If I've read Essential right, you will be getting 2 free games per month instead of 3.

I haven't gotten any of the free games for over a year now, so doesn't make much difference to me personally, as long as I keep access to my current PS+ games.

Can't seem to find mention of 3 monthly games in any of the tiers though. Maybe they're reducing it?

I will just stay with the primary one.

Those new plans are overpriced and no psnow service in my country. All I want to play are some ps3 games.

Not interested on classic games too cause no trophy and they dont even add PSV games. I dont see a point to upgrade my plan yet.

I think I have owned lots of ps4 games already and those new plans maybe good for new ps players.

30 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Nice. 263a.png

I couldn't extend it after getting one year so I guess that's confirmation that they took it off (at least in my region).

Got an error message on my fifth extension. Was able to extend again a few minutes later.

The reaction to this news is about what was expected, imo.  The many voices of displeasure of the new service offering and a few people sharing their brave, positive thoughts. 

Overall, I think it's a move in the right direction to make their growing online library more relevant but I think to compete with Game Pass they have to provide a stronger value, i.e. additional services like Crunchyroll, even potentially PS3 downloadable games (though I think it's very unlikely as this is the answer to PS3 games played on PS5).  Game Pass is the service to beat in the industry.

Also, Sony NEVER said this was a Game Pass competitor.  Bloomberg and other sites reported this as a Game Pass competitor but never once did a Playstation executive communicate that this is the answer to Game Pass.  The elephant in the room is first party games day one.  That's not going to happen (at least right now) because Playstation first party games cost hundreds of millions of dollars per game to make.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paperclip1776 said:

The reaction to this news is about what was expected, imo.  The many voices of displeasure of the new service offering and a few people sharing their brave, positive thoughts. 

Overall, I think it's a move in the right direction to make their growing online library more relevant but I think to compete with Game Pass they have to provide a stronger value, i.e. additional services like Crunchyroll, even potentially PS3 downloadable games (though I think it's very unlikely as this is the answer to PS3 games played on PS5).  Game Pass is the service to beat in the industry.

Also, Sony NEVER said this was a Game Pass competitor.  Bloomberg and other sites reported this as a Game Pass competitor but never once did a Playstation executive communicate that this is the answer to Game Pass.  The elephant in the room is first party games day one.  That's not going to happen (at least right now) because Playstation first party games cost hundreds of millions of dollars per game to make.

And also as expected we have people pointlessly sharing their observation that other people are voicing displeasure at a faceless corporation. Wont ever chage will it?

• Like 3