All-new PlayStation Plus launches in June with 700+ games and more value than ever

8 minutes ago, JediKnight_327 said:

And also as expected we have people pointlessly sharing their observation that other people are voicing displeasure at a faceless corporation. Wont ever chage will it?

When you say Sony is a faceless corporation, what do you mean by that?

The downloadable retro stuff is pretty cool, was not expecting PlayStation Portable titles to be included, so it's a pleasant surprise. Sad that PlayStation 3 games are streaming-only, though, as unsurprising as it is given that console's stupid hardware architecture.

$120 a year, though? That is a tough pill to swallow. That's double the cost of a standard PlayStation Plus subscription, and just a huge amount of money to drop on a gaming subscription every year.

Definitely a bit mixed on this.

Honestly can't see the point in the mid-subscription. If it was priced in the middle of the others (so £75 a year instead of £83), I could maybe see why for someone who just wants PS4/PS5 PS Now but when for £17 more you can get the all-bells-and-whistles Premium version, then it's a no-brainer to me.

Anyways. will have to see what games are going to be put on the service but, on paper, I'm probably going for the Premium option.

I think this is Sony trying to save PS Now, but i think it will just kill it. For starters PC players will be gone, those that didn't have Plus and just bought Now for around £32 a year will now have to pay much more so they will mostly be gone. I don't see the point of combining the services when the price is no different? PS Now not been available separately is really daft imo. 

Will have to wait and see but the introduction of PS5 games i would think would mean less PS4 games which would make it less appealing to those who don't have/want a PS5. 

Basically all that's changed is PS Now is now £100 a year. PS Plus is about £32 a year a lot of the time from different sites. I really can't see people paying an extra £68 unless it drastically changes. Unless Sony start handing out voucher codes and they become available cheap on sites. Every year i would buy 1 year Plus and Now for max £64. 

I wonder if they will start adding PS3 games again instead of taking them off, 100+ have disappeared past year, also some don't show unless you search for them and some only appear on 1 console like all 3 Bioshock games on PS3 only show on PS5. 

I really don't know why I'm bothered because i hardly touch my PS4 anymore. I've gone back to PS3 and have no interest in PS5. If PS3 games were downloadable i would think ok, but streaming is utterly shit, its 50/50 whether it will work for you. 

Edited by GUDGER666
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, blue_blur_98 said:

The downloadable retro stuff is pretty cool, was not expecting PlayStation Portable titles to be included, so it's a pleasant surprise. Sad that PlayStation 3 games are streaming-only, though, as unsurprising as it is given that console's stupid hardware architecture.

$120 a year, though? That is a tough pill to swallow. That's double the cost of a standard PlayStation Plus subscription, and just a huge amount of money to drop on a gaming subscription every year.

Definitely a bit mixed on this.

It’s the same price if you’ve been paying for plus and now yearly (for me its the same that I’ve been paying) but I can definitely see it being a lot for people never having now. And if you don’t have now in your country I believe I read that deluxe will take its place and be cheaper

I've already been subscribed to PS+ and PSNow for a while, so this new model won't change much for me.  My only concern would be the games I've already claimed on PS+ being migrated across to the new service - especially as my PS+ expires before my PSNow.

Also, I like the access to stream older games, I almost entirely missed out on the PSP catalogue so I'll be interested to see what games get added there.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AgentSmiz said:

Honestly can't see the point in the mid-subscription. If it was priced in the middle of the others (so £75 a year instead of £83), I could maybe see why for someone who just wants PS4/PS5 PS Now but when for £17 more you can get the all-bells-and-whistles Premium version, then it's a no-brainer to me.

I'm going to sub for the mid tier because none of the extras in the premium tier interests me 

its also the same price as I currently pay for my Gamepass sub

5 minutes ago, dmm121182 said:

- Still No Improvements Or Raised Limits To Cloud Storage In Over 3 Years. Got Over 1,000 Save Files? Well Start Deleting!

That is one of my biggest peeves (coupled with the fact that connecting to online saves takes forever, that there is an increasing number of "application not recognized" files in mine, and that there is no way to sort the files meaningfully). The size that we're allowed to use is meaningless if there's a limit on the number of files. The system is definitely not useful for "power users" (or whatever you wanna call people with lots of games).

• Like 2

Maybe I'm miss-understanding this but isn't the middle tier basically like getting a back catalogue of PS4/5 games? The description of the Extras tier even mentions that the games are downloadable. That could have some value to someone starting fresh on Playstation and sounds different to what I currently understand Now to be.

Edited by bikeman223

13 minutes ago, blue_blur_98 said:

It's still cheaper than pretty much every other streaming subscription service out there, including Game Pass Ultimate. 

It's $10/month if you buy annually. That's hardly 'a huge amount of money' considering what you're getting with it and take advantage of the discounts and access to play nearly 1000 games on demand. Every other kind of streaming service is more than that that I can think of. Netflix is now $180+ a year, Prime is $140, and most others are around $15/month. It's actually quite a competitive price point considering and it's surprising how cheap they ended up setting the highest tier at to be honest. 

Edited by mega-tallica
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GUDGER666 said:

Be good if it works and doesn't give an error. Have you tried it?

It doesn't work but I found another way. you can buy a gift card instead. I used allkeyshop.com and looked up for a ps now code. UK ones are sold out but you can still use accounts from other regions. I bought a year for a Belgian account.

1 minute ago, Paperclip1776 said:

When you say Sony is a faceless corporation, what do you mean by that?

It means people just work there and they wont necessarily care about the same things the customers if it means they can make/save more money.

My point was that the staff dont get personal when they make decisions, and nor should people take it personally when the company comes under criticism.

Its not even bad in this thread tbf. The store closure and GT7 threads are far worse ? Voicing displeasure is proven to help when it comes to dealing with Sony.

• Like 1

Really need to see some games available. Since I have PS Now I think it would translate to premium for a few months, so I can finally try Returnal, which is nice.

Other than that, I still think we have to wait and see. If they add MGS1 with trophies... that would be something

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bikeman223 said:

Just noticed that Vita titles aren't in the mix at all. Admittedly it's not a large backlog but you'd think they try and find a way to include them.

You cannot really incorporate the Vita's extras (back touch pad, mic, etc) into a controller.

4 minutes ago, Martain2 said:

You cannot really incorporate the Vita's extras (back touch pad, mic, etc) into a controller.

Yeah I guess so. If they really wanted they could probably allow re-mapping buttons for certain touch pad actions. But I guess that's a lot of work for a system they're not keen on re-visiting currently. 

23 minutes ago, cy1999aek_maik said:

It doesn't work but I found another way. you can buy a gift card instead. I used allkeyshop.com and looked up for a ps now code. UK ones are sold out but you can still use accounts from other regions. I bought a year for a Belgian account.

CDkeys has it for £35 a year for Belgium. Good but wouldn't be able to play my previous Plus games. Good for Now though.