All-new PlayStation Plus launches in June with 700+ games and more value than ever

Well first things first, at least it is the same price if I just want to stay on plus and not give a damn about the rest, which is very welcome. 

But it is interesting, in the end it is 'just' 10€ per month for a year on premium, and will probably be cheaper than my monthly expenses from the sales tab (even if they are all from heavy discounts). I'm still fresh on Ps4 so it will probably be advantageous anyway, doubt I even have a quarter of them, but will have to review the list when it comes out.

The question is do I really want to fill my library with backlog games? Already got too many ?

What interests me as well are the ps1/ps2/ps3 games. Kinda sad PS3 is only streamed, but I do wonder what happens to the progress we already have - guess we can cloud it from the original console, hope so...otherwise it's a bit pointless, would love to get back to a lot of rented games I do not possess anymore, and clearly not have to start them again.

As for the other two, it would make the subscription really that much more attractive if trophies were to be added, otherwise with the entire PS4 library, probably won't bother too much.

My actual subscription ends around Black Friday, wonder what a discount would look like for the premium, but somehow think I'll fall for it anyways, at least for a year to try it out. 

28 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Yep. I basically can't use the auto uploads anymore even though I have almost all my storage space free (file size wise) because I have something like five years of backups I can't be assed to delete.

It wouldn't be so bad if we could access the storage in a non-stupid way. If the app, for example, could just have it's own interface just for storage, management would be much less of a pain. Over a decade later and I still keep finding backups of my partners six million Skyrim PS3 backups.

• Like 1

If the PS2 games have resolution scaling options, and both PS1 and 2 games have trophy lists like the few PS2 Classics releases, neat! If they don't, and we're just running PS1/2 games with barebones emulation, I'm going to be wondering why I can't just put my discs in. 

(Actually, I'll still wonder anyway. I sure am glad I bought SWBFII for the old Xbox, not PS2, since I can play it in 4K for no extra cost on a new Xbox.) 

((The whole deal with the PS4 specifically being designed with a drive that apparently can't play CDs, just so it could be the first PS to not play PS1 games, and also conveniently not play PS1 games you bought for PSP/3/V, so they can sell them to you AGAIN again, will always bother me.))

12 minutes ago, NERVergoproxy said:

I haven t paid full price for ps plus for over 10yrs. Hopefully cdkeys have the master tier super cheap.

Same. Always got the deal during Christmas.

I honestly don't care much for PS3 and legacy games. I'm more interested in the second tier where i get tons of PS4 games to download. If they can make all generations downloadable and not stream, I can see myself getting the third tier. Other than that, I'm probably going for the second. 

Keep day one launch first party games off this fucking service. Good move imo. Keep investing in your Studios and treat your new titles as the premium, top-of-the-line, quality games you can only get from PS. Reasons to be a PS gamer, stay a PS gamer, and game as a PS trophy hunter. Not to say “value” can’t be achieved on other platforms (as others feel they do) but good approach as of now. The industry does change so being open to a different strategy may be necessary. Time will tell

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, darkjjda said:

does ps plus essentials will still have acces to the ps plus colletion with 17 games? or will it be removed

Wasn’t mentioned anywhere, but there hasn’t been any hints that this change is related to that or that it is going away. 

54 minutes ago, darkjjda said:

does ps plus essentials will still have acces to the ps plus colletion with 17 games? or will it be removed

"For those wondering - PlayStation confirmed to IGN that the PlayStation Plus Collection will not be going away with this change. It will remain as a benefit to all PS5 players with PS Plus." 

https://mobile.twitter.com/jmdornbush/status/1508900788139003906

Edited by imh007
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

I don’t know how you can write that and think it’s a good thing. They’re in the dominate position right now so they don’t have to placate their consumers. They got them by the balls already. That’s not a good thing lol.

My thoughts exactly. Regardless, this isn't good for people who don't do digital and people who collect games like I do.

Paying more money to do the same shit as before I'm just not in approval of. These new deals are just far too much for me. I have recently paid for my current PS Plus subscription last month so that should last.... I think.

Still sucks for people looking to buy classic PS1/PS2 games.

2 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

I don’t know how you can write that and think it’s a good thing.

I don't believe Davi wrote that to be taken good or bad, really. It's just the way of things. Sony has always had a smug 'we're better than them, hurumph!' attitude about it's service. To a very fine point, I think a lot of us have enjoyed what that attitude created, but everything has a breaking point. It's just how you put it, they've got the oldest playerbase by the balls and know it.

Edited by Jelly Soup

I like the idea of the Deluxe tier. It offers the possibility to have all the tiers in every part of the world. Also, the Tier 2 is basically PSNow and now is available worldwide. I hope the price goes down in these countries too.

Edited by Jeanoltt

21 minutes ago, TheRedMaverick said:

So does this mean PC players no longer have access to play PS Now games after the change? What happens with people who purchased a yearly PS Now subscription and only play on PC?

Now will be converted to the highest tier and you'll continue playing on PC.

• Like 1