Rockstar Announces Optional GTA+ Membership for GTA Online

kidson2004

R* needs cash, they lost alot with the disaster trilogy and this cheap GTAV "E&E"...

Does GTAO on next gen require PS Plus/Gold for playing? Everything is a subscription in gaming nowadays. I might think about this if, it gets an annual sub...

Until remains optional and not forced to enjoy the game is fine. Even tho Im not sure if I want to give more money to this devs. GTAO still needs major fixes (at least the PS4 version) and they doesn't seem to invest in fixing and make the game more playable but rather prefer to add cheap updates.

Edited by DeathNyx

10 minutes ago, DeathNyx said:

R* needs cash, they lost alot with the disaster trilogy and this cheap GTAV "E&E"...

Does GTAO on next gen require PS Plus/Gold for playing? Everything is a subscription in gaming nowadays. I might think about this if, it gets an annual sub...

Until remains optional and not forced to enjoy the game is fine.

Don't get how Rockstar needs cash really . GTAV have sold like 200million copies. And you can just Imagine the microtransactions

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Vergil said:

Don't get how Rockstar needs cash really . GTAV have sold like 200million copies. And you can just Imagine the microtransactions

If they don't need cash then why just remove all microtransitions and definitely not add a montly subscription?

Also copy sold means little, depends how much they invested in making these remastered, plus if they are going to make GTA 6 they ll need quite a lot of cash.

2 hours ago, grizflips said:

They have honestly taken green to new heights and it doesn't seem like they're close to the ceiling yet.

Why is everything becoming a damn subscription service at this point? I won't be shocked if they now decide to release GTA VI episodically.

Not only episodically, but online only with a mandatory hefty monthly subscription to even play the single player content. Oh, and that's on top of having to pay full price for it initially. (I joke but I really hope I'm wrong about this...)

I haven't played GTA Online since the Xbox 360 in 2014-2015, so this news doesn't particularly affect me, but it's a real shame to see how far Rockstar has fallen in recent times. Though I'm starting to wonder if Take-Two Interactive aren't to blame for some of this, considering how much they seem to milking other series as well. Borderlands 3 has insane amounts of DLC compared to the previous games, and Tiny Tina's Wonderland is already confirmed to have a season pass before it even launched, and I wouldn't doubt if it also gets a second season pass. Not to mention how many key people from Rockstar have already left the company.