Worth Buying?

I am really on the fence with this one. Tiny Tina is one of my favourite characters and the Dragon Keep DLC is still the best addition to any game that I’ve played, however BL3 has really soured me against the franchise as I didn’t enjoy that game as much as I wanted to. Wonderlands has a really steep price tag imo so I was just wondering what you think of the game? Is it worth the price? How buggy is it? 

• Like 2

Already had a few bugged UI elements stuck on screen and mission objects spawned out of bounce, shift server not available for multiple hours. If you really like tiny Tina as a character, you’ll probably have a lot of fun with this game. I think she is a bit too annoying and the game so far is pretty mediocre for me. I prefer the normal borderlands games, but I only played wonderlands for around 3-4h

I was really burned out on BL3, because the areas felt the same as in BL2. I have seen enough wasteland in the second game and don't need it to be even bigger in a sequel. Wonderland on the other hand takes the fantastic BL2 DLC and makes that bigger and imo better. The areas are colorful and feel new. Also the games uses a few quality of life improvements from BL3 like loot balancing (each player has their own loot OR everyone shares loot, you can choose here), but has no ammo issue like in the 3rd game. 

Played it for around 15 hours so far and having a blast with friends. The story and side quests are great and the dialogue here is full of great jokes and references.

• Like 1

As a big fan of Borderlands, I absolutely loved BL1, BL2 and Tales from the Borderlands (Bl2 and Tales are among my favorite games), the pre sequel was okay, and Borderlands 3 in my humble opinion was a big failure. The gameplay in 3 was okay, but I felt like the story was boring, the antagonists were awful and cringy, the characters and their builds were bland,  as a PC player back then I hated epic's exclusivity, and I dropped the game before I reached a half of it.
Wonderlands was a spontaneous buy, it had decent reviews, so I bought it for some co-op experience with my buddy, we played a ton of borderlands in the past. It was a good buy, the story and the narration are pretty interesting, character creation is really cool, gameplay is as good as always, side quests are really fun, the humor is there, it's just good. As a casual DND player I love the vibe, they nailed it, the narration, enemies, locations, weapons, collectibles, everything has a DND vibe to it, and it's done right. I can't exactly tell why, but I like it way more than BL3, it reminds my of my favorite BL2. I just wish there was more variety in gameplay, the classes and different builds are really fun, but I miss the skill tree with three sections. That said, it's not as good as legendary Borderlands 2, but I would say Borderlands is back, it's a step in the right direction after pretty mediocre Borderlands 3, and I can't wait to play more, even though I wouldn't say the game is awesome, it's good, and just good... But it's Borderlands, it's the cool Borderlands, and I missed my Borderlands.

• Like 3