Brutal WITHOUT tweaks difficulty?

On 26.03.2022 at 3:01 AM, Sergen said:

There are some sections where it's actually impossible to not die a few times before the RNG is merciful to you and allows you to succeed. Enemies kill you in 1-2 hits, if you aim out of cover for longer than half a second you die, chase sections where you have to run away from gunfire kill you instantly on spawn sometimes. The ammo you pick up from weapons enemies drop is very low, sometimes you only get given 2 bullets back for an assault rifle. The challenge isn't worth it, I think Crushing was fair and balanced enough but Brutal is a complete nightmare and Bluepoint put it in unnecessarily and didn't test it themselves, it's artificial difficulty where they just cranked up enemy damage and lowered ammo you get from guns to try and make it more difficult. 

On 26.03.2022 at 4:16 AM, gamercris066 said:

Definitely easier with the tweaks.

Guess I'm going for it with the tweaks :D Nothing more than a bullshit difficulty. Maybe in the future I will try to do it without tweaks, but for now I want to keep my sanity :D

I cannot find any reason to torture yourself with doing it without tweaks - if you want to prove something to yourself, just find some hard trophies where you cannot "cheat" - then you will have some shiney trophy, where at least its rarity mirrors its difficulty.

• Like 1

I did it without tweaks. Just with the shooting behind cover method for drake's fortune. Honestly, is super doable.

If you are decent on shooters, even FPS tbh, I think you can literally walk over the first 3 games. Is far from a 9/10 difficulty that you read on the trophy guide IMO. Give it a go, then if you struggle go with the tweaks.

20 hours ago, ShinySpidey said:

I did without cheats until chapter 4, then I realized that it was pure pain and I turned em on 1f601.png

However I did Uncharted 2 without cheats and omg that was atrocious

Yeah, Brutal difficulty is always challenging and sometimes straight up unfair, but Drake's Fortune was defo the worst for me.

I did it without the tweaks but only because I REALLY love the Uncharted games, was already pretty familiar with the levels and had the crave for a challenge.

It felt really rewarding doing it without active cheats, but if it was any other game, I must confess, I would have chosen the easier path and enabled the tweaks.

10 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Yeah, Brutal difficulty is always challenging and sometimes straight up unfair, but Drake's Fortune was defo the worst for me.

I did it without the tweaks but only because I REALLY love the Uncharted games, was already pretty familiar with the levels and had the crave for a challenge.

It felt really rewarding doing it without active cheats, but if it was any other game, I must confess, I would have chosen the easier path and enabled the tweaks.

Hats off! I was also pretty familiar with the series as I have played Drake's Fortune on PS3 3 times and I have in general a lot of experience in these games, but I found brutal in this game more frustrating than challenging, mainly due to the old gameplay and clunky movements. Uncharted 2 instead was more reasonable because it doesn't feel so outdated and this is why I was able to complete it without cheats

Edited by ShinySpidey

On 2022-03-25 at 10:01 PM, Sergen said:

There are some sections where it's actually impossible to not die a few times before the RNG is merciful to you and allows you to succeed. Enemies kill you in 1-2 hits, if you aim out of cover for longer than half a second you die, chase sections where you have to run away from gunfire kill you instantly on spawn sometimes. The ammo you pick up from weapons enemies drop is very low, sometimes you only get given 2 bullets back for an assault rifle. The challenge isn't worth it, I think Crushing was fair and balanced enough but Brutal is a complete nightmare and Bluepoint put it in unnecessarily and didn't test it themselves, it's artificial difficulty where they just cranked up enemy damage and lowered ammo you get from guns to try and make it more difficult. 

If you played multiplayer there is the same trick for ammos. You can have a new full clip by changing the type of your weapon. Per exemple, lets say you have 3 bullets left on your AK-47. Instead of picking ammos on the ground and just get 1-2 bullets like you said, take an other weapon, per exemple a SAS. Then go back to the AK-47 ammos that were on the ground and you should get a full clip mostly.

Then take your AK47 back where you changed it previously for the SAS in the example. If you had 3 bullets when you changed, you’ll get +3. If you had 57 left, you’ll get +57

Edited by bunshing
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Sky_RykerXD said:

If you are stuck in a spot, TheSeraphim17 has great Brutal walkthrough video guides on the Uncharted remastered trilogy with commentary.

Playlist for Drakes Fortune

I actually did it with tweaks and decided to do U2 the legit way. I've already watched his U2 brutal walkthrough and I'm just before the train level :D

Brutal difficulty, in my opinion, crosses a line between very hard and cheap that shouldn't be crossed: it's completely unfair, unbalanced and definitely not tested. It's like if the devs put all the enemies' stats to the max without actually trying to play themselves. Definitely a 10/10.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, snoopdoggtg said:

I actually did it with tweaks and decided to do U2 the legit way. I've already watched his U2 brutal walkthrough and I'm just before the train level :D

Same. Just finished U2 and started U3. Love the commentary. I have the video playing at the same time. I don't mind if he rants during the long gunfights, it kinda helps keep the tension down so I don't stick my head out for no reason and get killed. ? 

I use an 'old school cheat', for easy aiming.

First you should take a screenshot of Drake aiming, to mark where the reticle is. Then you put a transparent tape on the TV screen over the reticle and use a marker to mark the center.

During a fight, you can hide and move the camera to put the mark you made on the tape over an enemy, knowing that that's where Drake will shoot when you aim.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 6.4.2022 at 9:46 AM, KenjiCBZ said:

Brutal difficulty, in my opinion, crosses a line between very hard and cheap that shouldn't be crossed: it's completely unfair, unbalanced and definitely not tested. It's like if the devs put all the enemies' stats to the max without actually trying to play themselves. Definitely a 10/10.

I agree 100%. I've now done Uncharted 1 and 3 on brutal and it's a completely bullshit difficulty and I have no qualms about using tweaks to make it slightly more tolerable. At first I was really frustrated but later I had to just laugh at how ridiculous it is. Dying 20+ times immediately after spawning before you have a chance to react is just laughable. Honestly it feels like half of the games are just pure luck whether you make it or not and nothing to do with your actual skill.

Uncharted 1 wasn't as bad as 3 but can't say I really enjoyed it either.

Edited by Janire1911
  • Like 2

• 9 months later...
On 9/17/2022 at 0:50 PM, Janire1911 said:

I agree 100%. I've now done Uncharted 1 and 3 on brutal and it's a completely bullshit difficulty and I have no qualms about using tweaks to make it slightly more tolerable. At first I was really frustrated but later I had to just laugh at how ridiculous it is. Dying 20+ times immediately after spawning before you have a chance to react is just laughable. Honestly it feels like half of the games are just pure luck whether you make it or not and nothing to do with your actual skill.

Uncharted 1 wasn't as bad as 3 but can't say I really enjoyed it either.

I've done brutal on Uncharted 1, retries and angle mechanics destroyed the enjoyment but probably this was the intent of the developers, it felt brutal :))

The only exception for me was the U boat area with the descendants that went much smoother running and gunning with the shotgun.