Ascension Trophy Guide and Roadmap: Video and text

Optinooby

2 hours ago, Kessarath said:

Excellent. Thank you. I'll use it if I get stuck somewhere. I am currently using your excellent Mercenaries video tutorial for Resident Evil Village.

Can you tell me what is the estimated difficulty level of Ascension 100%?

It's not as hard as the main game, perhaps a 4/10, I dunno, depends how long it has been since you played.

Once I got back into the swing off things, it became very simple.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Kessarath said:

Excellent. Thank you. I'll use it if I get stuck somewhere. I am currently using your excellent Mercenaries video tutorial for Resident Evil Village.

I platted the game one week after release and just came back for the DLC and it took me about 6 hours playtime (without knowing what to do since there were no guides last week). The DLC is pretty nice to you in regards of health items and the new temporary weapons are completely OP. I would agree with @Optinooby and would not rate it higher than a 4.

• Like 2

The game isn't giving me a key to open the door to get the Disgorgers. This happen to anybody else?
EDIT: Think I just need to keep progressing

Edited by wch941

29 minutes ago, wch941 said:

The game isn't giving me a key to open the door to get the Disgorgers. This happen to anybody else?
EDIT: Think I just need to keep progressing

If you ever enter a level that has a white tentacle monster (like the yellow ones in the base game that give you obolites but disappear after a while) kill it as fast as you can. It will spawn a portal that will take you to a bonus room with some random item or monster but also a guaranteed Atropian key. 

• Like 3

Yeah I'm just not getting any keys. Need many more kills for the Destroyer trophy. Haven't seen any portals spawn for me to go into.

50 minutes ago, wch941 said:

Yeah I'm just not getting any keys. Need many more kills for the Destroyer trophy. Haven't seen any portals spawn for me to go into.

A good way to spot if any Plyloids may be in a new room is to look at the map when you first enter and before the majority of enemies spawn in.

If there is already a enemy icon on the map, not always, but it's likely to be a plyloid!! Them sprint over to the white enemy and kill it quickly before it despawns

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Vextens said:

If you ever enter a level that has a white tentacle monster (like the yellow ones in the base game that give you obolites but disappear after a while) kill it as fast as you can. It will spawn a portal that will take you to a bonus room with some random item or monster but also a guaranteed Atropian key. 

This is the correct answer. Saw one of those white dudes and went right for it. Spawned a white sphere for me after killing it and teleported to the bonus room and in there was a key. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

btw even if you can't find keys (it's true sometimes the white monsters appear very rarely), the mini-bosses very often drop a disgorger. After 3.10 and even more in phase 4+, you encounter a lot of mini-bosses (the sword guys who can teleport, the tortoise you got to shoot in the neck, the behemoth ....) and they seem to drop one over 80% of the time to my experience. Anyway it's a trophy that is meant to pop if you repeat the cycle at least 7 times as required for the gold trophy.

On 28/03/2022 at 5:59 PM, Kessarath said:

I agree with optinoob, 4 maybe 4,5/10. The boss definitely doesn't hit as hard as some bosses in the main story. There are 2 annoying things tho. First you can't suspend the cycle. That means you are in for at least 1 hour if you wanna go up to 3.20 (you can use rest mode but can't suspend and turn off the ps5). Second there is no astronaut figure nor device to revive you if you die. That means no second chance. But once again, aside from some rooms after 3.10 that can be filled with enemies hitting hard, the rest is pretty simple. The Carbine with Leech rounds is incredibly OP and helps you sustain. If you keep the 3 or 4 disgorgers for Argos in 3.20, it's a cakewalk.

• Like 2

Is it just me or is the balancing so busted? I'll be going through so easily until around 3-10 then enemies can destroy your health bar and hit 10× harder than the boss. No amount of damage and health upgrades help. I just had to quit. Even with the leech rounds I can't do it, it always gives me the counter on hit malfunction too. 

On 2022/4/23 at 10:38 AM, aZombieDictator said:

Is it just me or is the balancing so busted? I'll be going through so easily until around 3-10 then enemies can destroy your health bar and hit 10× harder than the boss. No amount of damage and health upgrades help. I just had to quit. Even with the leech rounds I can't do it, it always gives me the counter on hit malfunction too. 

When there's an augment, always choose protection over weapon damage. Integrity upgrade is your last option since there are many resin available and you don't need too much health in the early levels. And always prepare enough obolite to buy protection upgrade at the shop usually appear at room 10 or 11 and after each boss fights.

Don't pick the parasites that downgrade your protection

Does anyone happen to know where can I find scout log #094? Is there some special requirements that I have to fulfill beforehand?

I have already 100% (plat + all dlc trophies) the game last month. I play tower survival at least one time everyday and I can't believe I still missing one log.

The furthest I can go is 6-20 and I usually die at phase 4 or 5. But I believe that all collectibles can be found at the first three phases.

I examine every non-battle room very carefully so I don't think I likely miss one in them. And I have interacted with everything in the hospital too. (And I found there a loop door at the end of the hallway)

Yes, I have collected all the xenoglyphs, and all ten xeon-archives in the tower, and all xeon tablet in the tower (#022 through #026)

Does anyone know where is #094. Would be very appreciated.

15 hours ago, archangeltw_ said:

When there's an augment, always choose protection over weapon damage. Integrity upgrade is your last option since there are many resin available and you don't need too much health in the early levels. And always prepare enough obolite to buy protection upgrade at the shop usually appear at room 10 or 11 and after each boss fights.

Don't pick the parasites that downgrade your protection

I've literally never seen a protection upgrade in all my runs except for a parasite one which I always grab but only seen that twice. Maybe that's why I'm having issues.

Edited by aZombieDictator

2 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

I've literally never seen a protection upgrade in all my runs except for a parasite one which I always grab but only seen that twice. Maybe that's why I'm having issues.

The first, second, and the third augment (which are random to appear) may not have protection upgrade to choose. They are always “damage/integrity” to choose, that’s my case. After the first and second form of the boss there will be protection upgrade to buy. And make sure to kill all the “white bug” sometimes there are augments in the portal. For me, I usually have to upgrade weapon damage three times to see a protection upgrade available.

I think I will run again tonight and take note of all available augments

27 minutes ago, archangeltw_ said:

The first, second, and the third augment (which are random to appear) may not have protection upgrade to choose. They are always “damage/integrity” to choose, that’s my case. After the first and second form of the boss there will be protection upgrade to buy. And make sure to kill all the “white bug” sometimes there are augments in the portal. For me, I usually have to upgrade weapon damage three times to see a protection upgrade available.

I think I will run again tonight and take note of all available augments

Yeah I've always done all that and still never seen a protection upgrade. Just cleared it though by stacking a ton of shields. Found a parasite that gave three shields. Some of the enemies literally took half my half with one hit when I had 250% health.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for this. Finished two days ago. I couldn't get any protection upgrades at all, but I kept a few shields for phase 3 and kept 4 Disgorgers for Algos.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Do you have to beat the last boss twice? I did that the first time I played the game just because that’s the way it worked out, but this time I followed your walkthrough exactly, and after beating the last boss for the first time, when I went to do the hospital scene I couldn’t lie down in the bed. 

25 minutes ago, ONUOsFan said:

Do you have to beat the last boss twice?

I believe so.

First time to get poppy #6 and second time to trigger final hospital scene.

edit. My bad, the 3rd form you only need to beat once.

Edited by HusKy

3 minutes ago, HusKy said:

I believe so.

First time to get poppy #6 and second time to trigger final hospital scene.

edit. My bad, the 3rd form you only need to beat once.

Weird. Not sure what’s going on. I don’t think Selene said anything about going back to the hospital, and when I went into it, she said the line about “mother saved all of her smiles” but the prompt to lay on the bed was not there. 

1 hour ago, ONUOsFan said:

Weird. Not sure what’s going on. I don’t think Selene said anything about going back to the hospital, and when I went into it, she said the line about “mother saved all of her smiles” but the prompt to lay on the bed was not there. 

You need to do all house sequences in the main story as well.

I mention this in my video and I have wrote this at the top, though I had to look twice to see the text so easy to overlook 

21 hours ago, Optinooby said:

You need to do all house sequences in the main story as well.

I mention this in my video and I have wrote this at the top, though I had to look twice to see the text so easy to overlook 

Yeah, thanks. I did not see that before but that is definitely the issue. I’ve been going back and forth between the main game and the DLC and hadn’t done the last house sequence yet. 

I may put together a trophy guide here for this DLC since there isn’t one yet. Would you mind if I use some of your info and your video if I do? I would give you credit of course and would be happy to add you as an author on the guide. 

Edited by ONUOsFan
  • Like 2