Ascension Trophy Guide and Roadmap: Video and text

Optinooby

2 hours ago, ONUOsFan said:

Yeah, thanks. I did not see that before but that is definitely the issue. I’ve been going back and forth between the main game and the DLC and hadn’t done the last house sequence yet. 

I may put together a trophy guide here for this DLC since there isn’t one yet. Would you mind if I use some of your info and your video if I do? I would give you credit of course and would be happy to add you as an author on the guide. 

Yea go for it, I don't have time to be a co-author though unfortunately, I would just hold you back anyway as i'm quite busy with other guides. I'm sure the Trophy Guide will be great and highly appreciated regardless if you decide to do one ;) 

I just finished this a few minutes ago.  I would agree with most of the posters here....the third phase needs some balance changes.  I was getting absolutely destroyed by the enemies there after taking just one hit.  It's a little unforgiving.

Also, I did not see any protection upgrades until phase 3.  It was either weapon damage or max integrity.

On 6/11/2022 at 1:22 PM, Optinooby said:

Yea go for it, I don't have time to be a co-author though unfortunately, I would just hold you back anyway as i'm quite busy with other guides. I'm sure the Trophy Guide will be great and highly appreciated regardless if you decide to do one ;) 

After finishing the guide about a week ago, it’s finally published: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/14626-returnal-ascension-dlc-trophy-guide

• Like 1

On 6/18/2022 at 3:58 PM, Timmah200 said:

I just finished this a few minutes ago.  I would agree with most of the posters here....the third phase needs some balance changes.  I was getting absolutely destroyed by the enemies there after taking just one hit.  It's a little unforgiving.

Also, I did not see any protection upgrades until phase 3.  It was either weapon damage or max integrity.

I've been playing through this again quite a bit while I was writing the guide, and I think I've figured out that you won't get offered protection upgrades until you buy up all of the damage upgrades. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/21/2022 at 6:41 AM, ONUOsFan said:

I've been playing through this again quite a bit while I was writing the guide, and I think I've figured out that you won't get offered protection upgrades until you buy up all of the damage upgrades. 

Ah, interesting.  Thank you!

Some non-combat laser rooms I encountered in phase 3 are harder than most of combat encounters. RNG plays a lot in your successful run. Same goes for weapons: I got the Hollowseeker with portal beam and portal turret - and it was an easy cake. The other time I had about 8 disgorgers by the phase 3 without the Hollowseeker this time, but it was also pretty easy.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Subutai78 said:

Hi, i've got the platinum trophy last January and now i wanna get dlc's trophies but i have no more the save.

Should I start the base game again?

Thanks

You want the permanent upgrades mate yea and perhaps some weapon upgrades, though technically, you can maybe jump right in

Edited by Optinooby

18 hours ago, Optinooby said:

You want the permanent upgrades mate yea and perhaps some weapon upgrades, though technically, you can maybe jump right in

Ok, I need the grappling hook, so i don't have to finish the base game however play it.

Edited by Subutai78

• 2 months later...