What should I pay attention to and what should I ignore?

Dwightsarmy14

Hello, I am looking for some advice. I just beat the first boss (the demon in the ship) and I am a little overwhelmed by all the options. I have never played any other souls like game before and so I don’t know what is normal for the genre and what is unique to this game. As far as the D-pad items go I only am using Elixir and I don’t know really what anything else does or if it is worth using. Same with the Ninja skills. I also just unlocked the blacksmith, and dojo and it just feels like there is too much to keep track of. If anyone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it. I’m using the axe and dual swords if that makes any difference. Thanks

I think what determines what is in your tray is your build and playstyle. For me the majority of my tray usage came from my ninjutsu items, which included quick-change scrolls, ninja items (kunai, shuriken, and ninja arts) and power pills. The universal items I think most people use for their quick items are elixirs, sacred waters, shinobi box or sacred brush, and the 3 enemy debuffs that affect enemy speed, damage, and armor. I personally swap out the sacred waters with spirit stones as my build increased damage and speed from absorbing it and allowed living weapon regeneration. What people do is also put items used on special occasion, but regularly, in the favorites section in the inventory menu. This allows you to store items like weapon amulets and buffs in essentially a second quick menu.

What exactly are you having trouble with in regards to dojo and blacksmith?

An axe and dual sword build can work, but I think it would be more trouble than it's worth to try to balance them together as they are complete polar opposites. If you're more sided towards the axe invest in skills like stamina, strength, and courage which encourages heavy armor while dual swords are better with Dexterity and Heart which encourage light armor.

Edited by BestUsername----

On 3/26/2022 at 7:33 PM, BestUsername---- said:

I think what determines what is in your tray is your build and playstyle. For me the majority of my tray usage came from my ninjutsu items, which included quick-change scrolls, ninja items (kunai, shuriken, and ninja arts) and power pills. The universal items I think most people use for their quick items are elixirs, sacred waters, shinobi box or sacred brush, and the 3 enemy debuffs that affect enemy speed, damage, and armor. I personally swap out the sacred waters with spirit stones as my build increased damage and speed from absorbing it and allowed living weapon regeneration. What people do is also put items used on special occasion, but regularly, in the favorites section in the inventory menu. This allows you to store items like weapon amulets and buffs in essentially a second quick menu.

What exactly are you having trouble with in regards to dojo and blacksmith?

An axe and dual sword build can work, but I think it would be more trouble than it's worth to try to balance them together as they are complete polar opposites. If you're more sided towards the axe invest in skills like stamina, strength, and courage which encourages heavy armor while dual swords are better with Dexterity and Heart which encourage light armor.

Thank you for the reply. I wasn't really confused by dojo and blacksmith, it was more just an information overload. I was more just wondering if I will need to use the blacksmith regularly to beat the game or if its something that I can just ignore. I have played some more and am pretty over-leveled somehow. I beat the bat lady really easily and the electric dog as well. I was pretty much able to just use the living weapon and then kill them before it ran out.

6 minutes ago, Dwightsarmy14 said:

Thank you for the reply. I wasn't really confused by dojo and blacksmith, it was more just an information overload. I was more just wondering if I will need to use the blacksmith regularly to beat the game or if its something that I can just ignore. I have played some more and am pretty over-leveled somehow. I beat the bat lady really easily and the electric dog as well. I was pretty much able to just use the living weapon and then kill them before it ran out.

Yeah, the living weapon is a bit broken even with all the nerfs. But I wouldn't really rely on it unless you have a lot of spirit stones to top it off when it runs off mid battle.

Regarding the blacksmith, you don't need to use it if you plan on doing just New Game/Platinum. However, if you plan on getting the 100% and going beyond NG+ then yes it would be essential to learn the in and outs of the blacksmith and what she can do for you. The blacksmith is a great way to make a specific build which, I believe, is mandatory to stand a chance in Way of the Demon and higher.

2 hours ago, BestUsername---- said:

Yeah, the living weapon is a bit broken even with all the nerfs. But I wouldn't really rely on it unless you have a lot of spirit stones to top it off when it runs off mid battle.

Regarding the blacksmith, you don't need to use it if you plan on doing just New Game/Platinum. However, if you plan on getting the 100% and going beyond NG+ then yes it would be essential to learn the in and outs of the blacksmith and what she can do for you. The blacksmith is a great way to make a specific build which, I believe, is mandatory to stand a chance in Way of the Demon and higher.

My plan for now is to just play until I stop having fun. Thanks for the info, I guess I will ignore it for now and if I stick with the game I will start to dig deeper into the systems. 

• Like 1