Just wanna vent

c_zhoop

I like the game and enjoy my time playing it. I am pretty much done as far as the story goes. But oh man, collecting these missable items for certain trophies are irritating as hell.

I just messed up getting the Ally's ring because I accidentally went to the last boss area by talking to The Maiden In Black (thinking I could still level up). I can't level up and was pretty much being one shot of these Black Phantoms as I reached PWCT. Now, I have to postpone doing Mephistopheles Sidequest. Going PBCT after just turning PWCT and not getting the Ally's ring just tortures me inside, so I will maintain my PWCT as I vanquish the last boss later on. I am just really looking forward to finally collecting all The Rings today after all these hours. *feels defeated* ?

• Like 1

I screwed up getting the Ally ring and Mephistopheles questline in both NG and NG+. I'm not amazing at the game so when I was in my third playthrough I was having a hell of a time with the black phantoms and wasn't getting anywhere close to defeating the Old King.

My solution was to start a brand new character. I nailed those two rings but wound up messing up the foe ring, so i had to do a NG± with that second character. In the end I spent 17 hours on that second character just to finish the platinum. The game is absolutely fantastic otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, elefzed said:

I like the game and enjoy my time playing it. I am pretty much done as far as the story goes. But oh man, collecting these missable items for certain trophies are irritating as hell.

I just messed up getting the Ally's ring because I accidentally went to the last boss area by talking to The Maiden In Black (thinking I could still level up). I can't level up and was pretty much being one shot of these Black Phantoms as I reached PWCT. Now, I have to postpone doing Mephistopheles Sidequest. Going PBCT after just turning PWCT and not getting the Ally's ring just tortures me inside, so I will maintain my PWCT as I vanquish the last boss later on. I am just really looking forward to finally collecting all The Rings today after all these hours. *feels defeated* 1f61e.png

As soon as you start new game plus with PWCT, and accept the mission from the monumentals, talk to the monumental again and they'll immediately give you the ally ring

• Like 3

12 hours ago, LordShavron said:

I screwed up getting the Ally ring and Mephistopheles questline in both NG and NG+. I'm not amazing at the game so when I was in my third playthrough I was having a hell of a time with the black phantoms and wasn't getting anywhere close to defeating the Old King.

My solution was to start a brand new character. I nailed those two rings but wound up messing up the foe ring, so i had to do a NG± with that second character. In the end I spent 17 hours on that second character just to finish the platinum. The game is absolutely fantastic otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

I'm fine with two playthroughs for platinum, but to do it all over again? I just can't man. But I'm impressed you still completed the game despite all that.

12 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

As soon as you start new game plus with PWCT, and accept the mission from the monumentals, talk to the monumental again and they'll immediately give you the ally ring

Yeah. I read that somewhere and the relief of not dealing with those Black Phantoms again are somewhat nice actually.

Edited by elefzed
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...