can i still download ep 6

PIatinumSeeker

if i get the game on disc can i download the last ep even thou i cant see it on the store or such i just dont want to buy it on disc then only be able to play up to 5

this is only for people who recently got it in 2022 or late 2021 because from what i saw before then you were able to see it in the store but cant buy the season pass like guardians

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Confirming that YES you can if you buy the disc.

I just bought it (overpriced) on eBay, it will auto-download 5 seasons from the disc and it then gives you the license to download episode 6 from the game menu without any problem.

-eZ

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2022 at 0:26 PM, eZDangles said:

Hi,

Confirming that YES you can if you buy the disc.

I just bought it (overpriced) on eBay, it will auto-download 5 seasons from the disc and it then gives you the license to download episode 6 from the game menu without any problem.

-eZ

How do you download episode 6? When I go to the game it just says "coming soon" and doesn't give me an option to download it.

5 hours ago, jabberwocky9497 said:

I'm just at a loss. I'm playing the PS3 version (I know this is the PS4 thread but it was more recent) and no matter what I do I can't access the in game store. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Different accounts. Loading up offline then signing in. I have no idea why I'm just unlucky and can't download.

Are you using the same disc region as your account?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jabberwocky9497 said:

I'm pretty sure I am. I have a disc that's ALL regions and using a US account. I even made another US account just to be sure. Still doesn't give me an option to download. No button prompt or anything. 

ALL PS4 games are region free by default but DLCs aren't so if your copy is from anywhere that's not the US, you won't be able to access the in-game store to download Episode 6. If you have a US copy, there will be an ESRB Mature 17+ Rating on the case and possibly the disc as well - if that's not there, it's not a US copy.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

5 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

If you have a US copy, there will be an ESRB Mature 17+ Rating on the case and possibly the disc as well - if that's not there, it's not a US copy.

I checked the case and disc. They both have the ESRB rating. 

I'm stumped as to why I don't even have the option to download or go to the in-game store. I click on it and nothing happens. 

I know the game and dlc got delisted but i haven't seen anyone else have this much issues with the physical copy. Does it have to do with the servers being gone as well?

6 hours ago, jabberwocky9497 said:

I checked the case and disc. They both have the ESRB rating. 

I'm stumped as to why I don't even have the option to download or go to the in-game store. I click on it and nothing happens. 

I know the game and dlc got delisted but i haven't seen anyone else have this much issues with the physical copy. Does it have to do with the servers being gone as well?

Nope, because the TTG Season Pass discs all have access to a special part of the store where the DLCs are still available but I have no idea why you can't access the in-game store :(. All I can suggest is to email Sony and ask them what's going on but knowing them, you will just get a load of clueless and tone-deaf answers instead that have nothing to do with what you're asking about :(.

The only other possible solutions I can think of are to try restoring your licences and to get another copy in case yours is faulty. 

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

On 9/21/2022 at 4:07 AM, HuntingFever said:

The only other possible solutions I can think of are to try restoring your licenses and to get another copy in case yours is faulty. 

Well I got my hands on a new copy and same results. No access to the in-game store. I'm actually on PS3 so I can't even restore licenses. 

Last resort is to try to contact Sony but I know their Customer Support is so limited and pretty tone deaf and useless. Especially since I am working with a PS3. If that doesn't work then I am out of legitimate ways to get this Episode which will lock me out of the platinum which is just...so frustrating.

Thanks for the help and suggestions everyone. If anyone comes up with other solutions to try I'd be willing to try them.

On 9/22/2022 at 11:36 AM, jabberwocky9497 said:

Well I got my hands on a new copy and same results. No access to the in-game store. I'm actually on PS3 so I can't even restore licenses. 

Last resort is to try to contact Sony but I know their Customer Support is so limited and pretty tone deaf and useless. Especially since I am working with a PS3. If that doesn't work then I am out of legitimate ways to get this Episode which will lock me out of the platinum which is just...so frustrating.

Thanks for the help and suggestions everyone. If anyone comes up with other solutions to try I'd be willing to try them.

Hi Jabber,

I just saw your response. I was referencing the PS4 version so I am not sure about PS3. There was a place in the IN-GAME menu, I have since uninstalled the game, but you have to play with the options in the menu's and I was able to download it. It will recognize your license if you have the physical disc. I tried this on PS5 (for PS4 version) and it worked no problem but I can't speak for PS3 sorry.

-eZ

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/22/2022 at 10:36 AM, jabberwocky9497 said:

Wanted to provide an update. Idk what I did differently but it finally showed up and I was able to download the Episode. I went on an alt and Deactivated and Activated my PS3 over and over again until finally it showed up. Got the plat! Thank you so much to everyone who tried to help!

• 2 months later...

Not sure if this is helpful to anyone but I found this game in my library from way back when it was a free download, and can confirm that all 6 episodes downloaded. I have not paid a dime and no discs were used. Did this on a PS5. Started episode 6 just to test it out and before committing to any trophies. No issues. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...