Chaos levels?

Janire1911

The comments about the correct build are spot on. If your build is good it is possible to solo all the way to level 20. The boos fights are just the boss fights from the game. The spellshot build I used was based on twin ice spike spells (on very short cooldown) and a gun that shot out a pixie that attacked enemies every reload (also specked into frost damage). Additionally I had a chest piece that regenerated 1.8% health every second and my second class was the sporewarden which had the regenerating ammo skill unlocked.

I also focussed on choosing the butt stallion option if available (as this buffs your skills significantly) and I also spent crystals on buying upgrades during the run (an extra life, gun damage etc). There is a bit of luck when it comes to the compulsory curse after the first wave but most of them are quite manageable,

• Like 1

Using Clawbringer and Graveborn is working for me really nice, essencialy I can die two times (one my lich dies for me, one my ward fully recovers) and have huge HP% recovery + damage reduction and nice elemental damage. Other than that I think it's just luck on your guns, you can solo it just fine.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2022 at 7:00 AM, Janire1911 said:

I haven't been able to find any info about this, but can Chaos Levels be done solo or are they meant to be played in co-op?

It definitely felt like they were supposed to be done co-op but I managed to get through them by myself. Aside from the Son of a Witch and Dry'l boss, it was actually pretty easy, albeit time consuming. I changed my build to focus entirely on dark magic as Spore Warden/Clawbringer as my classes. I used the the reenchantment thing to buff my dark magic with all my items. One thing I found useful were to run a randomized lower level chaos run just to use the end loot to get better gear. For instance, I got stuck at chaos 6 and ran two chaos 4 trials to get gear good enough to beat that 6th boss. 

The only reason the two bosses I mentioned are challenging are because they regenerate their shield so you need to be able to do more damage than they can recover. It took me about 45 minutes each time I fought those bosses (that doesn't include the 15-20 minutes to get to the boss), which was 4 times in total (2 for each).Keep in mind any time you die it resets the fight. 

I'm not sure if other classes have it, but Spore Warden's companion is able to revive yourself, which is useful for obvious reasons. 

Other than that the chaos trials are generally pretty easy. I was able to do an entire chaos run within 30 minutes on average for all the other ones. 

I hope this helps.

• Like 3

On 01/04/2022 at 1:17 AM, tph_dragon said:

It definitely felt like they were supposed to be done co-op but I managed to get through them by myself. Aside from the Son of a Witch and Dry'l boss, it was actually pretty easy, albeit time consuming. I changed my build to focus entirely on dark magic as Spore Warden/Clawbringer as my classes. I used the the reenchantment thing to buff my dark magic with all my items. One thing I found useful were to run a randomized lower level chaos run just to use the end loot to get better gear. For instance, I got stuck at chaos 6 and ran two chaos 4 trials to get gear good enough to beat that 6th boss. 

The only reason the two bosses I mentioned are challenging are because they regenerate their shield so you need to be able to do more damage than they can recover. It took me about 45 minutes each time I fought those bosses (that doesn't include the 15-20 minutes to get to the boss), which was 4 times in total (2 for each).Keep in mind any time you die it resets the fight. 

I'm not sure if other classes have it, but Spore Warden's companion is able to revive yourself, which is useful for obvious reasons. 

Other than that the chaos trials are generally pretty easy. I was able to do an entire chaos run within 30 minutes on average for all the other ones. 

I hope this helps.

A tip for Dry'l, is that (idk if its a bug) if you have a life to spare die to his thunder form. Then after you fight the first fire form again you clear the encounter.

Spellshot + Graveborn was my build. I focused more on regening health when using spells and chose a glass cannon build and was able to get to chaos level 20 without too much trouble; however, I will say that two bosses in particular, Son of a Witch and Dry'l were annoying to fight, especially Son of a Witch on the higher Chaos levels due to the damn bird he constantly summons to regenerate his shields. 

It's easily soloable as many people have said. All but boss rounds are a cakewalk, even on chaos 20. I'm not sure if the scaling is broken or what, but it seemed like i was melting enemies at about the same speed on Chaos 1 vs Chaos 20.

Bosses can be tough, depending on which you get.

Son of a Witch is a nightmare, make sure you have a weapon at least in your inventory that has decent aim or can spit out a mean burst as he heals QUICK. His spells also seemed to do WAY more damage then most other enemies. Jumping helps to avoid his basic magic missile attack.

Dry'l is annoying, but he spawns enough adds to constantly keep you up. Just keep moving and you'll be fine.

Salissa is tough because the ground is basically always electric anywhere you walk. I recommend keeping your distance on her (GL melee builds) and make sure not to get trapped. 

Lastly, Dragon Lord is long but fairly simple. The only tough part is his last health bar (2nd form) as its chaotic as hell, between the dragon, him, the adds, and the pools of fire or electricity he spawns it constantly feels like your taking some damage. Note - If you get him into 2nd form and die, you don't have to do the entire fight over, just the 2nd half.

All other bosses are cake walks.

As other people mentioned the spore warden is a must, I went with Brr-zerker and found myself a 4x frost SMG (the one where the bullets go in a wave formation) and buffed everything to cold. Until you find a liquid cooling this will get you to Chaos 10 with no problem. Liquid cooling makes the game easy mode. Make sure you do have at least 1 non-frost weapon as a few enemies (and one mini boss) are extremely resistant to frost.

In total, it takes about 5-10 hours to do (each round takes between 10-25 minutes, and a total of 20 so long as you never die or accidently choose a normal run like i did twice).

Good luck, have fun!

Edited by Nameless600
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the Liquid Cooling gun has been nerfed in the latest hotfix, the damage on mine dropped from 552x2 to just 188x2.

I'm currently at Chaos Level 10 and so far it's been a cakewalk using a spellshot/graveborn build. I'm using the spellshot ability to equip two spells on a quick cooldown and once I get my buffs up I can pretty much oneshot all normal enemies and even badass enemies usually die in two hits.

8 hours ago, Janire1911 said:

Looks like the Liquid Cooling gun has been nerfed in the latest hotfix, the damage on mine dropped from 552x2 to just 188x2.

I'm currently at Chaos Level 10 and so far it's been a cakewalk using a spellshot/graveborn build. I'm using the spellshot ability to equip two spells on a quick cooldown and once I get my buffs up I can pretty much oneshot all normal enemies and even badass enemies usually die in two hits.

Yeah, I think most people saw the nerf to the Liquid Cooling gun coming, although it was a bit much, IMO. I've been using a Spellshot/Graveborn build, too, and only have one more Chaos Level to unlock before reaching the max.

I do agree that Son of a Witch and Dry'l are probably the most annoying bosses, since they have the ability to regenerate their shields, so you will need a good build with good burst damage to get through those. It also doesn't help that the area for Dry'l is pretty small compared to other bosses. Thankfully, he spawns a lot of fodder to help get a second wind.

14 hours ago, Janire1911 said:

Gearbox are always heavy handed with their nerfs and go after all the fun stuff that makes the harder difficulties tolerable :(.

On 06/04/2022 at 1:23 PM, xTaterNutsx said:

Does anyone know if you can take someone to chaos trial 20 and unlock the trophy for them.  Im helping a friend with them but if i can just skip to last trial id prefer to do that.

The Lv10 and 20 trophies don't pop in co-op if you're not the host so your friend is probably going to have to tough it out and do them solo.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

55 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Gearbox are always heavy handed with their nerfs and go after all the fun stuff that makes the harder difficulties tolerable :(.

Nope. The Lv10 and 20 trophies don't pop in co-op, thus your friend is going to have to tough it out and do them solo.

They only pop if you are the one hosting. I got level 20 trophy with 3 others in my lobby the other night. 

People are dropping modded stuff like crazy when I got into random lobbies. A PS player gave me a spell that instakills everything instantly including raid bosses so if you are having trouble after the nerf host a lobby and you will get people with modded stuff which will make going through the chaos trials a breeze. 

Edited by ClintonLS90

Got to Chaos Level 20 today, that went far smoother than I expected, only died once at Chaos Level 18 against Knight Mare. The encounters before the boss fights were trivial, I don't think I ever even went into fight for your life during those. I think the key was that I had two spells each with two charges and a quick cooldown equipped so I could pretty much constantly cast them and Graveborns Sanguine Sacrament skill would heal me each time I cast a spell. Also on my shield I had an enchant that would heal me 5% per second and give me a 30% damage boost if I was at less than 50% health. On the rest of my gear I had enchants that would boost my damage on spell cast.

I also used Dahlia pistols with a very short reload time and whenever I reloaded I restored a part of my shield with Spellshots Mage Armor.

Edited by Janire1911

Trying to wrap up the plat on PS4 and hit a huge brick wall with these. I was literally on cruise control until Chaos Level 7 and Dry'll. He's basically unkillable for me. I even decided to lower the difficulty and over-spend on buffs during my run and I still could not kill him. His shield just won't go down because I can't destroy the spears fast enough. This is brutal.

1 hour ago, Veritas7Ax said:

Trying to wrap up the plat on PS4 and hit a huge brick wall with these. I was literally on cruise control until Chaos Level 7 and Dry'll. He's basically unkillable for me. I even decided to lower the difficulty and over-spend on buffs during my run and I still could not kill him. His shield just won't go down because I can't destroy the spears fast enough. This is brutal.

Don't need to destroy the spears. They despawn every 3rd spear. So basically 1-2-3(1despawns)-4(2despawns) and so on. You just stack them moving sideways along the platform. He gets a small shield boost whenever he pulls a new spear out (maybe 5% of shield), you just have to damage him past that. Turning your focus on the spears may allow him to pull multiple out before you're back on him, resulting in no progress. 

Dry'll is rough, and his second phase is certainly a DPS check in a way.

5 hours ago, Veritas7Ax said:

Maybe it's because I have a very high DPS build but Dry'l has never given me any issues when it comes to stopping his shields regening, if anything it's the lightning fields from his Spears that give me the most grief due to how much damage they do to you.

I have some "funny" issue with those trials: everytime I complete a level it opens 2 more levels for me, not only one. I.e. I finished level 3, I was granted with level 5.

Finished level 5 -> got level 7.

Currently at 15 and switched off the game. Will add screenshot if it will still work after I will restart the game. Can it be related to some skill, item or... can it be just a positive glitch?

Version 1.05 here PS4, playing solo offline.

Edited by Smashero

2 hours ago, Smashero said:

I have some "funny" issue with those trials: everytime I complete a level it opens 2 more levels for me, not only one. I.e. I finished level 3, I was granted with level 5.

Finished level 5 -> got level 7.

Currently at 15 and switched off the game. Will add screenshot if it will still work after I will restart the game. Can it be related to some skill, item or... can it be just a positive glitch?

Version 1.05 here PS4, playing solo offline.

It sounds like a random glitch, because I've not experienced anything like that and don't know of anyone else who has either ?.

• Like 1

I had a bug that if I immediately started another trial after finishing one the game would revert me to the previous chaos level and I wouldn't gain a level after finishing the trial. I had to quit to the menu before starting another trial to actually be able to gain any levels.