Chaos levels?

Janire1911

Just finished level 15 -> unlocked 17...
SGaecvN.jpg

So... Now I will go through my inventory... Or maybe I glitched it somehow by playing "Normal run" once?
Edit: Of course there is nothing in my inventory with some bonus to chambers, lol. Strange :D.

Edited by Smashero

17 -> 19
q6UH5aT.jpg

To avoid any speculations: no modded items were used, I never went online with this title.
Only used duplication method for money using my main and alt. acc. offline.

So now I would like to troll my last trophy playing chaos lvl. 18 while unlocking 20 ;).

Edit: Nope, can't be done. Level in "Chaos chamber" can not be changed, so I have to play on 19 (hoping to unlock 21 then since the cap is raised to 35 AFAIK).
(Also, just btw, I am afraid to play it further - I am just worried that next DLCs will have trophies for level 25 or 30 and they will be locked if I will reach 35 on current patch).

Edited by Smashero

4 hours ago, Janire1911 said:

I had a bug that if I immediately started another trial after finishing one the game would revert me to the previous chaos level and I wouldn't gain a level after finishing the trial. I had to quit to the menu before starting another trial to actually be able to gain any levels.

This is a simple input error. Talking to Dragon Lord and starting a new chaos trial immediately results in you going back into the same level you just finished. The chaos trial won't display a number, it'll just say chaos trial. If you swap to a different mode then back to trial it should fix itself and display the chaos trial number.

So basically, finish trial -> talk to DL -> swap to normal -> swap back to trial.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Ok, I just failed... Dragon Lord - I simply died 3 times while being pushed over the edge of the piramid...

AGAIN!

OK, not tonight... Go kicked out from the arena again... Will try again tomorrow :/ Enough :/

21 minutes ago, EightBitArtist said:

is there a way to guarantee youre the host when playing via match making? my chaos levels are not tracking properly through match making since im assuming in not the host.

Nope. If you want to be the host, you have to either play solo or invite friends into your private lobby.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

54 minutes ago, Killaexotic said:

I've been playing Co-op and we're on level 15. My level 10 trophy didnt pop, so how can I go back and get it solo or while hosting?

You have to play solo, then go into the Chaos Chamber and set your Chaos Level to Lv10, then successfully clear a Chaos Trial on that difficulty. If the trophy doesn't pop after successfully clearing that match, you will have no choice but to delete your saves and start over from scratch :(.

4 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

You have to play solo, then go into the Chaos Chamber and set your Chaos Level to Lv10, then successfully clear a Chaos Trial on that difficulty. If the trophy doesn't pop after successfully clearing that match, you will have no choice but to delete your saves and start over from scratch :(.

Just in case, if that would not help, I would try to play on chaos level 9, since the trophy is for unlocking level 10, so maybe it could be triggered in that way?

Ah, but you mean to set it up in the menu, right? Because the chaos levels in trials opening higher levels can not be set up, right?... Or I am mistaken... Or to play "normal" chaos trial?... Pardon for messing up :/

Edited by Smashero

3 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Just in case, if that would not help, I would try to play level 9, since the trophy is for unlocking level 10, so maybe it could be triggered in that way?

Nope, that won't work. Replaying 9, will have no effect since 10 is already unlocked, thus you have to play on 10 to force the trophy to unlock.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

I was also unlocking them two at a time, and I thought that was normal. I went from 1 to 3, 3 to 5, 5 to 7, etc. I skipped Son of a Witch, even though I thought that fight would be unavoidable.

Meanwhile, I'm doing it all again on PS5 and trying out a new build. My first one was Graveborn/Sporemaster, and now this one is Spellshot/Clawbringer with a focus on spellweaving, spell damage, fire damage, etc. It works really well, but the Glass Cannon skill has turned into a bit of a detriment. I get downed every few seconds without being able to charge my ward outside of spellweaving.

I've had to make some adjustments but I'm now at chaos level 13 again. Just tougher than I was expecting, since I cruised through the whole story with this build.

Edit: Finally plat'd both versions. Ironically I had a harder time with Vorcanar than Dry'll or Dragon Lord

Edited by Veritas7Ax
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, JunkSkelington said:

Are the bosses not random? Was playing level 17 and got dry'll 3x in a row. I guess they're predetermined?

The bosses are completely random but sometimes the game will bug out and give you the same one multiple times in a row when it shouldn't do.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I stopped playing for a while, now I'm back at it. I have zero idea what I'm doing. I'm trying to get the Thank the maker trophy and the chaos trophies.  But it says I have zero percent and I've walked though 4 or 5 portals. It's like it's unlimited. I don't know how to get back, I think I just quit last time because of this. I did find a light symbol thing that turned into a big floating rock. When I hit it a few times it turned into a spot light and blinds my character. Then it moved and did this maybe 3 times... then it stopped. Not sure what is going on. No videos explain it simply enough for me. Any help would be appreciated 

Edited by Andre3K1823
I figured it out, I was giving the wrong information. I was told to do extended run.

I didn't unlock the silver trophy for doing the first 10 chaos chambers - my progress stated 70% and 35% respectively for the two trophies. 

This is because I did the first 6 chambers solo and then couldn't beat Dry'l on chaos chamber 7 so I joined a few friends to get better gear on higher chambers. 
Came back to chaos chamber 7 and beat Dryl along with all the chambers up to 16 solo. My progress still remained at 70% and 35% all the time.

I then did chaos chamber 20 with a friend but I was the HOST. This unlocked both trophies together. 

Basically I think the trophies are buggy because it stops tracking your progress as soon as you start doing co-op (even though behind the scenes it probably is still counting your chamber runs). Just make sure you do chaos chamber 20 as the host (either solo or with a friend). 

Some people managed to unlock the first chaos chamber trophy after 13-14 chambers but I wasn't as fortunate.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Viper said:

Wanted to point out that my Chaos Levels are going up by 2 as well. Was it ever determined if this became intentional at some point, maybe through a patch or hotfix? 

It's a glitch caused by one of the patches but Gearbox haven't made any attempt to fix it just yet but knowing them and how they hate people having fun, it will almost certainly be fixed at some point along with the time gate removal glitch for the DLCs so use them whilst you still can.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

On 26/06/2022 at 10:53 PM, thedarkness91 said:

Basically I think the trophies are buggy because it stops tracking your progress as soon as you start doing co-op (even though behind the scenes it probably is still counting your chamber runs). Just make sure you do chaos chamber 20 as the host (either solo or with a friend). 

Thanks for confirming this works. I worked myself up solo up to Chaos 13 with the relative trophies unlocking then wasn't able to get passed it because of my loot so I joined others and levelled up as well as gain new more powerful gear. Continued in a group until Chaos 19 which then I did that solo without much difficulty and the trophy for reaching Chaos 20 unlocked.

So whilst my trophy progress was stuck at 13/20, it did count all the levels in the background and after beating the boss at Chaos 19, after entering the portal, the trophy for hitting Chaos 20 unlocked

• Like 1

On 7/28/2022 at 10:32 AM, ShahinMiah said:

Thanks for confirming this works. I worked myself up solo up to Chaos 13 with the relative trophies unlocking then wasn't able to get passed it because of my loot so I joined others and levelled up as well as gain new more powerful gear. Continued in a group until Chaos 19 which then I did that solo without much difficulty and the trophy for reaching Chaos 20 unlocked.

So whilst my trophy progress was stuck at 13/20, it did count all the levels in the background and after beating the boss at Chaos 19, after entering the portal, the trophy for hitting Chaos 20 unlocked

Glad to hear that it worked! 

Unfortunately the game doesn't visibly track things well so it confuses players and causes unnecessary worry. I'm sure Gearbox are aware of the issue but haven't done anything for months and having to submit videos, photos and countless other bits of information is a waste of time! 

• Like 1