Chaos levels?

Janire1911

Okay so, I'm up to Chaos 17 and low and behold, fucking Dry'l is my boss fight. And I can't beat him...nothing I do whittles his shield down fast enough in phase 2 and him AND his bitch ass minions are taking me out in 1 hit, AND I still have a whole phase to go. There's nothing I can do right now to survive this. I'm a Spellshot/Sporewarden using the Glass Canon build. It's been a fantastic build for me this whole game and this is the worst it's been so far. I mean I've fought Dry'l at Level 1 and 7 as well and he gave me issues then too, but it's wasn't like this....he recharges his shield long before I can get it down enough to do health damage.

So my question is, if I turn it down to Chaos level 16 and get passed it (assuming Dry'l won't be by boss fight then), will I unlock level 18 considering I'm getting 2 Chaos levels at once...or will it not do anything because I already have 17 unlocked? In other words can I just skip 17 altogether? 

EDIT: Well answered my own question unfortunately. Finished Chaos 16 and didn't get 18 for it. So now I have no idea what to do. Are bosses random? They don't seem to be as I've had Dry'l at factors of 7 (1, 7 and 17). Doing Chaos 16 I got Banshee...pretty sure I had her at level 6 too. Although Dragon Lord was 15 for me and that was the first time I had fought him. 

Edited by Viper

I don't understand why people have so many issues with Dry'l, I can bitch slap him half-way to Mars without breaking a sweat. I don't know, maybe I've just hit on some kind of wonder build by accident but I rarely go down against him, even at Chaos Lv21 ?. To be honest, I have far more problems with Wastard and Knight Mare, than I ever do with Dry'l.

• 1 month later...

Chaos levels made farming in this game SUCK ASS. No dedicated drops while you have to find the drop, find the correct element for weapon or the correct +% for gear. And then either find the correct enchancement or the correct effects for gear.

And all that from the fucking bunnies and without guarantee that it will be chaotic or volatile. At least in B3, you play Mayhem 10, you get mayhem 10 loot.

I have thrown more than 100k crystals and got almost 100 legendary rings but not even close to the one i'm looking for

Edited by sephiroth4424

Me and a buddy of mine found these trials easier solo after playing the entire game together.  At least in the beginning we did.  If there is one element to make a build around I found it best to use lightening as it really wrecks most bosses including Knight Mare and the final DLC 4 boss as well.  It does pretty well against everything though.  The boss fights seem to be random but once you unlock a level and start it then the boss will be the same for you every time.  therefore if you ar struggling it may work to back up you save after each fight from the beginning.  Therefore if you get stuck it may be possible to revert back one level and maybe that will change up the boss order.   Now I didn't test this but it's worth a shot if you are not sure about your build.

The only boss I struggled with was Knight Mare.  His elemental attack would light up the whole room and down me in two hits and as soon as i'd get a save i'd pop up and go right back down.  I countered this by picking extra ward, extra health, Ward regeneration rate and delay.  All that gave me a few extra hits here and there.  

In general, bosses that it's easy to dodge their attack or you can take more hits against go for gun upgrades for that run and bosses that hit hard go for health and armor.  that was the strategy that worked for me.  It is completely normal though to have a boss or two you get stuck on for a time so just keep at it, it's not that hard.

43 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Today's update increased Chaos levels to 100 and now you can use 2000 crystals at once to feed the rabbits. And apparently they fixed Son of a Witch's stupid shield regeneration 

Dry'l and Knight Mare have also been nerfed so should be a lot easier to kill now. They also fixed the cross-save so more trophies should auto-pop when moving to the PS5.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

Looks like you also now gain Chaos Levels faster, I'm currently playing the PS4 version and completing Chaos Trial on Chaos Level 1 unlocked level 5.

Edit: Just completed Chaos Trial on level 5 and it unlocked level 10 and the trophy.

Edited by Janire1911
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Janire1911 said:

Looks like you also now gain Chaos Levels faster, I'm currently playing the PS4 version and completing Chaos Trial on Chaos Level 1 unlocked level 5.

Edit: Just completed Chaos Trial on level 5 and it unlocked level 10 and the trophy.

That sounds like an extension of the bug which was discovered a few months back, whereby the even numbered Chaos Levels glitched out so could be skipped ?.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

4 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

That sounds like an extension of the bug which was discovered a few months back, whereby the even numbered Chaos Levels glitched out so could be skipped 1f914.png.

I just unlocked the trophy for completing all quests on ps5, while i have 45/48 completed. It happened right after loading the game (i had shut down the ps5 before).

On ps4 i got the dungeons trophy when i had 6/7 but i was playing co-op there (not as host).

After the plat i am going to upload my ps4 character and see if the awful dlc trophies autopop

Just got the plat on PS4. Gaining 5 Chaos Levels per run not only makes it a lot faster but also easier as the highest level you have to beat is 15 instead of 19.

Also noticed a glitch with the Lost Loot machine, it seems to duplicate items.

Edited by Janire1911