Completionist Is Next to Godliness bugged

5 hours ago, Billie_691 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I got the trophy (and platinum) in my PS4 version and I count 49 sidequests in my game.

1. Knife to Meet You
  2. In My Image
  3. Cheesy Pick-Up
  4. Working Blueprint
  5. Alchemy: Precious Metals
  6. Goblins Tired of Forced Oppression
  7. Legendary Bow
  8. Walk the Stalk
  9. Alchemy: Miracle Growth
  10. Lens of the Deceiver
  11. The Trial of Crooked-Eye Phil
  12. Clerical Error
  13. A Pet’s Rest
  14. Alchemy: To Block the Sun
  15. Eye Lost It
  16. The Ditcher
  17. Pocket Sandstorm
  18. On Wings and Dreams
  19. Destruction Rains from the Heaven
  20. A Realm in Peril
  21. A Knight’s Toil
  22. Little Boys Blue
  23. Cash 4 Teeth
  24. Lyre and Brimstone
  25. Inner Daemons
  26. Goblins in the Garden
  27. A Farmer’s Ardor
  28. Forgery
  29. The Slayer of Vorcanar
  30. Non-Violent Offender
  31. Raiders of the Lost Ark
  32. Twenty Thousand Years Under the Sea
  33. Diplomatic Relations
  34. Of Curse and Claw
  35. The Trial of Crooked-Eye Phil
  36. A Walk to Dismember
  37. In the Belly Is a Beast
  38. All Swashed Up
  39. A Wandering Aye
  40. A Small Favor
  41. Burning Hunger
  42. Ron Rivote
  43. Spell to Pay
  44. Necromance Her
  45. Armageddon Distracted
  46. Hot Fizz
  47. Gumbo No. 5
  48. On the Wink of Destruction

+ 49: Ancient Powers (five parts)

Theory: The ingame counter can't count the "ancient powers" cause it's repeatable and never disappears from the map? So the counter says 48/48, but actually there are 49 quests in the game?

I don't know, got my trophy without any problems and counted 49 from the log ingame. Feel free to check my list and correct me if there's something wrong with it. Just a theory 1f643.png

I noticed that you counted The Trial of Crooked-Eye Phil twice, numbers 11 and 35 on your list. Are those two different quest or did you just count the same quest twice if so then you would only have 47 side since you’re not including ancient powers(five parts). 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Billie_691 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I got the trophy (and platinum) in my PS4 version and I count 49 sidequests in my game.

1. Knife to Meet You
  2. In My Image
  3. Cheesy Pick-Up
  4. Working Blueprint
  5. Alchemy: Precious Metals
  6. Goblins Tired of Forced Oppression
  7. Legendary Bow
  8. Walk the Stalk
  9. Alchemy: Miracle Growth
  10. Lens of the Deceiver
  11. The Trial of Crooked-Eye Phil
  12. Clerical Error
  13. A Pet’s Rest
  14. Alchemy: To Block the Sun
  15. Eye Lost It
  16. The Ditcher
  17. Pocket Sandstorm
  18. On Wings and Dreams
  19. Destruction Rains from the Heaven
  20. A Realm in Peril
  21. A Knight’s Toil
  22. Little Boys Blue
  23. Cash 4 Teeth
  24. Lyre and Brimstone
  25. Inner Daemons
  26. Goblins in the Garden
  27. A Farmer’s Ardor
  28. Forgery
  29. The Slayer of Vorcanar
  30. Non-Violent Offender
  31. Raiders of the Lost Ark
  32. Twenty Thousand Years Under the Sea
  33. Diplomatic Relations
  34. Of Curse and Claw
  35. The Trial of Crooked-Eye Phil
  36. A Walk to Dismember
  37. In the Belly Is a Beast
  38. All Swashed Up
  39. A Wandering Aye
  40. A Small Favor
  41. Burning Hunger
  42. Ron Rivote
  43. Spell to Pay
  44. Necromance Her
  45. Armageddon Distracted
  46. Hot Fizz
  47. Gumbo No. 5
  48. On the Wink of Destruction

+ 49: Ancient Powers (five parts)

Theory: The ingame counter can't count the "ancient powers" cause it's repeatable and never disappears from the map? So the counter says 48/48, but actually there are 49 quests in the game?

I don't know, got my trophy without any problems and counted 49 from the log ingame. Feel free to check my list and correct me if there's something wrong with it. Just a theory ?

You repeated 11 and 35, so in actuality, you have 48 listed. Unless there are two separate quests with the same exact name?

• Like 1

I think how i'll go about this minefield of trying to get the “Completionist Is Next to Godliness” trophy is to power level early in the game via Zomboss and reach level cap of 40.

Then I’ll go through the main quest campaign (ignoring side quests) making sporadic saves along the way as a safety net in case any of the main quests get bugged out.

Along the way I’ll find as many collectables as I can as I arrive at each new map (maybe use a collectables guide) and overall be very thorough. I’ll still ignore any side quests.

Once I finish the main campaign I’ll make a master cloud save and then finally I can go for the Completionist Is Next to Godliness trophy.

If any of the side quests get bugged out I’ll revert back to the cloud save.

The hoops we have to jump through to get a plat sometimes!!!  ?

Edited by Wired-Warlock

8 hours ago, Mango_HQ said:

I noticed that you counted The Trial of Crooked-Eye Phil twice, numbers 11 and 35 on your list. Are those two different quest or did you just count the same quest twice if so then you would only have 47 side since you’re not including ancient powers(five parts). 

8 hours ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

You repeated 11 and 35, so in actuality, you have 48 listed. Unless there are two separate quests with the same exact name?

yeah, that was the mistake :D  okay, forget what I said. 48 sidequests in game.

I think that was one of those quests with two possible starting points, so I saw it twice by mistake

I have the same issue. 48/48 completed but ps5 trophy tracker is stuck at 47/48 (97%).

Thought I would be clever and made a cloud save before handing in final side quest (a realm in peril). Trophy failed to pop and i must have handed it in over 10 times now with fingers crossed each time haha something further back has bugged it.

Will continue to try/keep this character at the same point in case a hotfix comes out. In the mean time it's worth replaying the game/all SQ it's fantastic despite this.

On 29/03/2022 at 2:40 PM, katteridg said:

Had same issue, world map said 48/48, but trophy didn’t pop. Thought it had to do with 5th summoning quest like someone mentioned, but that was wrong. 

Think it’s maybe an issue with tracking and counted something incorrectly towards 48/48 that shouldn’t have counted. 

Either way, side quest I was missing was “Destruction Rains from the Heaven” which is in last Overworld area just before Fearamid. This will also grant you last melee upgrade to dispel red gargoyle barriers. 

I don’t believe the “!” marker showed up when I was originally in the area, but I noticed it after epilogue when I was clearing last lucky dice, and you can check Overworld progress which correctly says X/X side quests if you’re missing that one like I was. 

Hopefully this clarifies and solves the tracking issue for everyone else as easily as it did for me, without being broken and needing patch to fix. :-)

This side quest was missing for me as well but as it turns out, it doesn't appear until after you have finished the Epilogue stuff in Brighthoof :).

4 minutes ago, Vlinderbommerje said:

Same issue here. I have sent a ticket to gearbox. Did someone already found a fix for this?

The only solutions are to either start over from scratch and make frequent backups or cross your fingers and hope for a patch :(. Gearbox have a very spotty history with fixing buggy trophies so will either properly fix them or half arse the solution so the trophies are only partially fixed and will still glitch out occasionally.

• Like 1

I'm very sure if your trophy didn't pop you'll have to redo it, BL3 had similar problems and then the ps4-ps5 BL3 damn near the whole list of trophies were unobtainable unless you re-did the requirements by starting over. This is just not something their capable of fixing, they seem allergic to the idea of a trophy popping at 99/100. That's how I'd fix it anyway, if all my users say it says 99/100 or 100/100 but no trophy, just pop the damn thing early if the fix isn't working!!

• Like 2

On 2022-04-10 at 2:17 PM, pennywise247 said:

Add my name to list. In game tracker shows 48/48 but the trophy tracker on ps5 shows 45/48. I played co-op but I was always the host. I have never once joined someone else’s lobby. Super frustrating. 

Well, I got the trophy to pop on my 2nd play through. I did all 48 side quests and the campaign again. I didn’t play any co-op this time around and kept cross play off. I also made a few back up saves along the way but weren’t needed. I also saved ancients ruins and destruction parts from heaven for last. 

Edited by pennywise247
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Is there any solution for this other than doing all side quests again? As much as I enjoyed this game, the side quests were personally my least favorite part of it all.

Nope, your only options are to either start a new game from scratch after deleting all your saves or play the waiting game and see if Gearbox patches it :(.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The trophy glitched for me too, but instead of it not unlocking it unlocked early. I haven't finished the story yet and only completed 45 missions, and the trophy popped as soon as I loaded my save file today. I wonder if it has anything to do with the DLC being loaded in, because I didnt redeem any of the DLC levels until today as well.

Edit: on second thought it might have something to do with the hotfix. I noticed my counter was previously at 44/48 despite having 45 missions completed,  so the hotfix probably forced the unlock that I wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

Edited by Snake_1302

This initially glitched for me. It didn't trigger when doing all side quests. Even repeated that repeatable one a couple of times to double check. Thought I was totally screwed. Closed the game down and started it again and the trophy popped as soon as the save loaded in-game (i.e. post title screen). Never seen anything like that happen before.

12 hours ago, espjh2 said:

This initially glitched for me. It didn't trigger when doing all side quests. Even repeated that repeatable one a couple of times to double check. Thought I was totally screwed. Closed the game down and started it again and the trophy popped as soon as the save loaded in-game (i.e. post title screen). Never seen anything like that happen before.

Hmm this is weird, I thought the bug was fixed with the 1.06 patch. I am somewhere at 45/48, I hope that mine won't be buggy lol

Edited by Afura_33

• 1 month later...

For the first time in my life, a trophy came out early!
I was at 45/48 (I play on PS5, I see the progress of the trophy), it was at the point where I had to enter what I believe to be the last map, at the top of the continent. I hadn't entered it yet. I turn everything off because I had to go to sleep. A little while ago I put the game back and as I start the game does the trophy come out? I have no idea what happened.