Completionist Is Next to Godliness bugged

On 11/08/2022 at 10:15 AM, Siriodorione said:

For the first time in my life, a trophy came out early!
I was at 45/48 (I play on PS5, I see the progress of the trophy), it was at the point where I had to enter what I believe to be the last map, at the top of the continent. I hadn't entered it yet. I turn everything off because I had to go to sleep. A little while ago I put the game back and as I start the game does the trophy come out? I have no idea what happened.

Just had the exact same thing happen to me on the PS4 version, which is annoying because it's messed up the cross-save I was going to send to the PS5 version now. My last save is at 30/48, so it's not the end of the world, but it's very unexpected that this happened.

I'd consider this a warning to anyone who's also trying to stack this game, the side quest trophy will now unlock earlier than expected.

• 1 month later...
On 8/11/2022 at 0:15 PM, Siriodorione said:

For the first time in my life, a trophy came out early!
I was at 45/48 (I play on PS5, I see the progress of the trophy), it was at the point where I had to enter what I believe to be the last map, at the top of the continent. I hadn't entered it yet. I turn everything off because I had to go to sleep. A little while ago I put the game back and as I start the game does the trophy come out? I have no idea what happened.

Exact same thing happened to me on ps5. 45/48, i was at tha final map but i took a break. When i hit continue, trophy popped. On ps4 that happened when i had 47/48. There i quitted to back up my save in case the trophy glitch when i do the 48th sidequest, but instead when i hit continue, trophy popped

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Bugged for me aswell, but a friend that played with me got it early. I was the host and he got it when he left my game. Just now I've managed to also get it by having him host a game (on a alt not sure if relevant). When I left his game and started it up solo the trophy popped for me aswell.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, eskypi said:

The game has crashed and my tracker has failed, I have completed 21 missions and the tracker tells me that I have done 20. I got the 20 missions trophy on mission number 21. What do I do, do I continue or restart everything?

All you can do is either load a pre-glitch save and pray the trophy pops or cut your losses and start over from scratch.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1.10.2022 at 9:16 PM, sephiroth4424 said:

Exact same thing happened to me on ps5. 45/48, i was at tha final map but i took a break. When i hit continue, trophy popped. On ps4 that happened when i had 47/48. There i quitted to back up my save in case the trophy glitch when i do the 48th sidequest, but instead when i hit continue, trophy popped

Same happened to me (PS5) lol 

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone know if this glitch was actually fixed? I just completed the ancient powers (all 5 parts) and my map is still showing 2/3 side quests. I was following along with my ps5 trophy tracker and I believe it glitched after doing the first initial part of ancient powers. Does only the first mission count or did mine glitch?

1 hour ago, edk97 said:

Anyone know if this glitch was actually fixed? I just completed the ancient powers (all 5 parts) and my map is still showing 2/3 side quests. I was following along with my ps5 trophy tracker and I believe it glitched after doing the first initial part of ancient powers. Does only the first mission count or did mine glitch?

If I remember right, only the first part counts.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

If I remember right, only the first part counts.

Okay. I hope that’s the case. Maybe I missed a mission in this area. I still have a few more missions over all, so hopefully all will be okay. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/14/2022 at 9:00 PM, kor_H67 said:

Same happened to me (PS5) lol 

This also happens to me on PS5. I only played the game with my friend. She is always the host.

When she leaves from our session, I started the game in solo (after back-uping my save on the cloud) to try to drop an enchanted legendary item for the trophy (still no item like this after completing the game, only basic legendaries, my luck is not here for that ...) and when I entered my game in solo the trophy pops with 47/48 optional quests done.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Is this bug still around? I am currently playing and I notice I have 30/48 side missions in overworld but the trophy trackers says only 29/48... so am I f....? Should I start over? On a New save data? Unfortunately I have no other save data.. I am playing the whole game in co op... sometimes I am the host and sometimes Im not....

6 hours ago, Charly_Py said:

Is this bug still around? I am currently playing and I notice I have 30/48 side missions in overworld but the trophy trackers says only 29/48... so am I f....? Should I start over? On a New save data? Unfortunately I have no other save data.. I am playing the whole game in co op... sometimes I am the host and sometimes Im not....

Unfortunately, yes it is still there but there's also a chance it will pop early so all you can do is cross your fingers and pray it hasn't glitched :(. Playing in Co-Op is ill advised with the Borderlands games, because doing so is known to cause a litany of often gamebreaking glitches :(.

17 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Unfortunately, yes it is still there but there's also a chance it will pop early so all you can do is cross your fingers and pray it hasn't glitched :(. Playing in Co-Op is ill advised with the Borderlands games, because doing so is known to cause a litany of often gamebreaking glitches :(.

Ok, thanks for reply... and what do you sugest if the trophy doesnt pop... delete save data and start over? Or just create a New character with same save data?

4 minutes ago, Charly_Py said:

Ok, thanks for reply... and what do you suggest if the trophy doesn't pop... delete save data and start over? Or just create a New character with same save data?

If it glitches, your only option is to delete your saves, then start a new game from scratch whilst playing entirely solo :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.