PS4 Keeps Freezing Then Shutting Down

swordcurry

I've had my PS4 for around 4 years now and not faced too many issues until about 3 weeks ago. I was playing Apex Legends and then my game froze. I decided to turn off my console and turn it back on again. But when I turned it on again, my PS4 started facing some technical problems. I could load into the home screen of the console just fine. Then I could go around to the menu's, and then out of no where, the console would just freeze and then shut down. I updated the system to the newest system software (which the PS4 shut down while trying to do so) so I don't think the system being not up to date is the issue for it repeatedly shutting down. I've tried updating some games but the console will crash and shut down in the midst of updating them. I went into Safe Mode and tried rebuilding the database and it started rebuilding the database but then froze again and shut down. So basically, if you try to do anything on the PS4 it will freeze and shut down. I'm not sure what I can do to fix this problem other than to initialize the PS4 which will reset the PS4 software and erase all my data on it. I don't want to have to do this so I was wondering if any of you guys have dealt with the same problem and have any solutions?

16 minutes ago, vvinushan said:

Try 'Restore to default settings'. I once had an issue that didn't get fixed after I rebuilt the database but the PS4 ended up working properly after I selected this option in safe mode, albeit with the loss of all my save data stored on the PS4.

So did it clear all of your previously saved data on your PS4?

1 minute ago, swordcurry said:

So did it clear all of your previously saved data on your PS4?

Yes unfortunately it did though I'm not sure if it was supposed to. I got lucky with most of the saves as they were saved in the cloud but some games I lost all progress with completely. If your data is corrupt and that's why it's shutting down all the time then your data is already lost anyways but if it is a different issue (something physical like mentioned above) then this solution won't work.

• 3 weeks later...