Another stack?

1 hour ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

Sources of it even becoming F2P?

People found evidence in the code that season 7 will instead be called season 1, like they did when epic bought rocket league and they made it free to play. There's other stuff like a new currency and different store similar to fortnite

It was datamined a few moth ago.

tl;dr : it seems the game will become F2P when releasing on Switch & SeX, new fame path with free and premium tiers, a new store in the line of those found in Fortnite and Rocket League, new premium money replacing Kudos bought with real money on the PSN, weekly and monthly challenges on top of dailies and, of course, new games.

It also seems that the premium fame pass will be free to "legacy players" for the first season of the revamped game.

The switch to the new game client was most likely linked to this and we can expect it to comes as soon as the old one is out of the picture.

Sourced are scattered on multiple Twitter threads or Discord servers, so I'll post this video that summaries the whole thing:

Edited by Tetho_mig
Fixing mistakes

What would have happened then if I downloaded the new launcher when it was just called RR and unlocked everything with an autopop? Would I now have the NA list and then unlock the EU list at a later date because that's where I'm from? Kinda interesting lol. 

Just an FYI, I installed the original launcher this evening, then checked my library and a new one appeared in library (wasn’t there until I installed original launcher again). Downloading now but expecting it to be EU auto pop version, it’s also 13GB not 11 like original. 

Edited by Arophous

19 minutes ago, Arophous said:

Just an FYI, I installed the original launcher this evening, then checked my library and a new one appeared in library (wasn’t there until I installed original launcher again). Downloading now but expecting it to be EU auto pop version, it’s also 13GB not 11 like original. 

Would be cool, let us know :D

17 minutes ago, Arophous said:

Can confirm it worked! Auto pop worked, 2nd stack added to my profile. Re-installing original launcher must have triggered it to be added to my game library (on PS4 interface).

Nice, Will be downloading mine now. Although it seems I have both already. No need to install the original Launcher first. You can differentiate the two because the original one has a ps+ icon next to the download Icon while the new one doesn't.

EDIT: Got the plat after downloading and creating an epic account. You finally got me epic.

Edited by Gr4de_04
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Gr4de_04 said:

Nice, Will be downloading mine now. Although it seems I have both already. No need to install the original Launcher first. You can differentiate the two because the original one has a ps+ icon next to the download Icon while the new one doesn't.

EDIT: Got the plat after downloading and creating an epic account. You finally got me epic.

What address did you use in your EU account?

10 hours ago, Gr4de_04 said:

Is it required to have an epic account linked for the autopop to occur? Thought it wasn't necessary and by just launching the new version the trophies would unlock, do they not?