Ps Plus April 2022

Sailar91

A theme I keep seeing is Sony keeps pushing relatively newly released multiplayer/online co-op games with a low player count as one last shock to the heart before they officially die off. 

knockout city

Star Wars squadrons

hood outlaws

predator hunting grounds

i wouldn’t be surprised if we see the likes of alien fireteam elite in the next 3 months lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, willmill97 said:

Jesus, how many times are they going to include 'Legends' in the title of a game? Rayman Legends, Spartacus Legends, Apex Legends, Raid Shadow Legends, Grid Legends, 007 Legends, Nerf Legends, Hunters Arena Legends, Burnout Legends, Ghost of Tsushima Legends, MX vs ATV Legends, World of Warships Legends just to name a few. I'm sure there's tonnes more.

Don't forget about the best plus game ever, Kung Fu Panda: Showdown of Legendary Legends! ;)

12 minutes ago, Studfox said:

A theme I keep seeing is Sony keeps pushing relatively newly released multiplayer/online co-op games with a low player count as one last shock to the heart before they officially die off. 

knockout city

Star Wars squadrons

hood outlaws

predator hunting grounds

i wouldn’t be surprised if we see the likes of alien fireteam elite in the next 3 months lol

Its because Sony have become extremely cheap and just look for dead/dying games they can give a low offer on. And then they slap another PS Now game on the service. 

• Like 1

Slay the Spire is god tier, it's something I believe anyone can enjoy, while some of us (myself included) get purely addicted to it. Oddly enough interested in SpongeBob, mainly for the childhood memories. Hood was a game I was super excited for before launch but as time got closer I passed on it and didn't really feel like I missed out on anything.

47 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Its because Sony have become extremely cheap and just look for dead/dying games they can give a low offer on. And then they slap another PS Now game on the service. 

Knockout City and Fall Guys were both released at launch.. that's not probably so cheap. ?

It's SpongeBob time. The kind of game I wouldn't go out of my way to buy but would play if given it, so as far as I'm concerned it's a decent fit for Plus.

I also really want to play Slay the Spire, but that's a bigger commitment. We'll see if I get the time.

5 hours ago, willmill97 said:

Jesus, how many times are they going to include 'Legends' in the title of a game? Rayman Legends, Spartacus Legends, Apex Legends, Raid Shadow Legends, Grid Legends, 007 Legends, Nerf Legends, Hunters Arena Legends, Burnout Legends, Ghost of Tsushima Legends, MX vs ATV Legends, World of Warships Legends just to name a few. I'm sure there's tonnes more.

Probably some market research study was done that concluded people will be more intrigued about it and the game will sell more if you include "legends" in the title. And also yes, originality and creativity is dead in the mainstream entertainment market sector. 

With that said, SpongeBob is a fun, easy platformer that's definitely worth a download if you haven't already played it. No interest in the other two but overall, not a bad month. There's been worse months, there's been better ones, not every month is going to be a homerun that aligns with your tastes and what you want and nor should you expect it to be. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sillyrobo75 said:

As for Hood, I doubt its player base is much higher on ps than on pc, so they are pretty much offering us a dead game (12 players peak during the last 24 hours on steam). Zero interest in it, not my type of game.

Yep, definitely beyond dead, and for many good reasons. One of the most blatantly-obvious & pathetic PS Plus games we've ever had (that is, if this leak is true). It did have it's fans though, so hopefully some people will get a week or two of enjoyment out of it.

Both Slay the Spire and Spongebob are great inclusions though, and 2 outta 3 ain't bad.