Online shutting down 30th Sept 2022

Stevieboy

6 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Nuts, I've been meaning to get back into this game for a while but haven't got round to it :(. How long does it take to get the online stuff done and when does Kato appear?

Kato appears in rank 4, but you need to beat his revenge vs version to be able to catch all the fish, and the revenge vs characters don't start showing up until you've beat them all once, and then it's one per day and in a random order. For me, I had to wait until the 12th day for his revenge vs version to appear.

TBH, you should really just treat the game as all online only, as collecting enough gems each day so you have enough to re-roll custom clubs so you have a set good enough to hit a condor takes a while, unless you're prepared to pay for MTXs instead.

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

Kato appears in rank 4, but you need to beat his revenge vs version to be able to catch all the fish, and the revenge vs characters don't start showing up until you've beat them all once, and then it's one per day and in a random order. For me, I had to wait until the 12th day for his revenge vs version to appear.

TBH, you should really just treat the game as all online only, as collecting enough gems each day so you have enough to re-roll custom clubs so you have a set good enough to hit a condor takes a while, unless you're prepared to pay for MTXs instead.

Nuts, this is going to take a while :(. I have 2 other major games to finish off before I can settle down to do this one, which means it will be at least another month or two until that happens :(.

12 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Nuts, this is going to take a while :(. I have 2 other major games to finish off before I can settle down to do this one, which means it will be at least another month or two until that happens :(.

Just to give you a reference of how many gems you might need. I had just under 500 by the time I decided to see what rolls of custom clubs I had. My set 1, I rolled 4 times and the best I could get from 10 upgrades was level 18 power. I bought the 2nd set and rolled that 3 times, and the best I could get from 10 upgrades was level 20 power. I bought the 3rd set and my 2nd roll of that got it to max power (level 25) after the 11th (extra) upgrade.

So I effectively needed 310 gems to get my max power custom club set. 50 each for the 2 extra sets, 100 for the first upgrade run of the 3rd set, then recycle them and 110 for the second upgrade run.

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 1

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/03/everybodys-golf-online-servers-to-shut-down-on-september-30

the following will become unavailable 

Open Course selection.

Participation in International Tournaments.

Turf War.

Checking the latest Daily Ranking.

Checking the latest Copy Ranking.

Partial viewing of the Notice Box.

Partial browsing of This Month’s Items.

Partial browsing of Last Month’s Items.

Purchase and use of Warp Medals.

Acquisition of some items related to fishing.

Reporting of players.

Viewing of latest Profile Card plus number of times copied.

Partial browsing of the Library.

Acquisition of the Platinum Trophy “Push it to the Limit!”

Acquisition of the Gold Trophy “Walking Encyclopaedia.”

Acquisition of the Bronze Trophy “Online Debut.”

16 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

Great, just great. The trophy guide makes the Platinum look hard (8/10) but relatively short (well 40 hours is about 8 hours a day on it) to Platinum. I'll start on this after I Platinum Fall Guys (hopefully) and Jump Force.

It should be noted that the absolute quickest you can get the platinum is 18 days due to the revenge vs character mechanic. This would require playing like crazy on the first day to beat all 18 of the regular vs characters to get your first revenge vs opponent to appear, then having the other 17 show up at one per day. Changing the system clock didn't do anything to make those characters appear quicker.

As I stated above, you need to beat the revenge vs version of Kato to be able to catch all the fish for one of the trophies that'll be unobtainable when the servers shut down, and it's random when he'll show up, so you could be lucky and he'll be first, or unlucky and he'll be last. For me, he was the 12th one to show up.

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 3

So, let’s say I start playing this right now and try to play 2-3 hours each day - how long would it take me to get the Walking Encyclopedia trophy? Can I fire up the game and start going for it right away? Or do I need to unlock a couple things (I.e. characters, courses) before I can start trying for that trophy?

I’m assuming this will be like Mad Max where you need to scramble for the couple online trophies, then ease back on the throttle for the platinum run. 

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

9 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Why does Walking Encyclopedia require online?

The Walking Encyclopedia requires you to go to the Open Course versions of each non-DLC course to be able to fish. Since that selection is being removed, the trophy will become impossible. (You can still get the bronze trophy for getting your first fish since the Home Area doesn't require online access.)