Online shutting down 30th Sept 2022

Stevieboy

2 hours ago, Arctic Cress said:

The Walking Encyclopedia requires you to go to the Open Course versions of each non-DLC course to be able to fish. Since that selection is being removed, the trophy will become impossible. (You can still get the bronze trophy for getting your first fish since the Home Area doesn't require online access.)

Good to know. At least we have plenty of time.

Well shit. I enjoyed this game a lot but ended up stopping short of the platinum due to being unable to get a single condor (let alone three needed for the platinum!). Must have tried for a dozen hours on the stupid whole with the water skip and cabin that I must have hit hundreds of times. 

Going to have to get back on this it looks like. The annoying part is (or was when I played) the online courses change per day so it's not even something that's viable to go for everyday. 

Awww, crap! I was really hoping that Sony would keep Everybody's Golf's online servers up for at least another three years – my PS3 backlog has dented my hopes to start dozens of PS4 games. ?

At least we have been given six months notice before the closure.

@Stevieboy, big up to you for starting this thread, and sharing this great breakdown. ?

22 hours ago, Stevieboy said:

As I've said twice in this thread already, getting the Walking Encyclopaedia trophy requires you to beat the revenge vs version of Kato so you have the ability to catch all the fish. The revenge vs characters don't start appearing until you've beat all 18 normal vs versions, effectively beating the story part of the game (and getting this trophy), and even then they only appear at a rate of one per day and in a random order. Kato could be the first one that appears, or he could be the 18th and last one. You have to beat them too, as losing to them makes them disappear for that day and you have to wait until another day for them to reappear again, so you should back up your save before facing them.

Also, the trophy for getting a condor in an official round requires custom clubs with a high power stat (up to 25 max), which you don't get the ability to use until beating all the vs characters once, and you have to upgrade them either using gems found on online courses, or using MTXs. Gems are found on 1 hole per 9 hole online course each day, making it 10 holes maximum (without the DLC courses) per day, and each gem picked up can either be a x1 or a x2. You mostly get x1 gems though, with a few x2 in there. After collecting them all I had around 23-24 per day.

I'm not gonna go into huge detail about custom clubs, but suffice to say it's random what upgrade score you'll get for each individual upgrade (either a +1, +2 or +3), but it seems to be set when you start the game and is tied to your PSN, so there's no save scumming method. You'll get the same points each time. I needed 310 gems to get a custom club set that was max power, but I had collected nearly 500 gems by that point. You might need more.

Long story short, you should treat the entire game as online only and get the platinum before the shut down date.

I've been playing Everybody's Golf: World Tour (aka Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds) on my PS3 for years, and hope to make the PS4 version my first Everybody's Golf Platinum. I tried the PS4 version some time ago. The RNG, and the dangling of microtransactions to speed up that RNG, isn't great. But think I will start this soon and attempt to get through it.

• Like 3

Hot Shots Golf for PS3 is one of my oldest unfinished games. Damn those last few crowns. Great games, though. I'll pick this one up in the next month or so if it goes on sale, or full price beyond that. Just need to finish one or two other things first (or three, or four...).

• Like 1

Why can't Clap Hanz do a final patch to make the open courses available offline? It's all there in the game already the single component needing to be added would be to allow access to the courses offline. The variation in the courses is random and the location of gems in an algorithm. There is no reason to render the game unfinishable.

Edited by BlaizeV

On 3/29/2022 at 7:54 PM, JocoDynamo said:

Well shit. I enjoyed this game a lot but ended up stopping short of the platinum due to being unable to get a single condor (let alone three needed for the platinum!). Must have tried for a dozen hours on the stupid whole with the water skip and cabin that I must have hit hundreds of times. 

Going to have to get back on this it looks like. The annoying part is (or was when I played) the online courses change per day so it's not even something that's viable to go for everyday. 

There's a decent glitch system out there to do this - check youtube for Condor Glitch.

• Like 2

On 4/13/2022 at 2:51 AM, ViperLance34 said:

Does the glitch still work?

1 hour ago, fisty123 said:

Going by a YouTube comment they believe it has been patched.

It has not been patched.  I did it two days ago.  Got all my condors in seconds and their corresponding trophies.  Hard part is finding someone with a glitch character for you to copy.  There's a great group on Facebook called Everybody's Golf (HSG PS4) that has about a thousand people, many actively playing and very helpful.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/4/2022 at 10:32 PM, TemplePilot said:

It has not been patched.  I did it two days ago.  Got all my condors in seconds and their corresponding trophies.  Hard part is finding someone with a glitch character for you to copy.  There's a great group on Facebook called Everybody's Golf (HSG PS4) that has about a thousand people, many actively playing and very helpful.

How can you copy the character from someone else?  I knew we can copy the outlook but also their character's max skills?

On 4/28/2022 at 5:46 AM, ShadowSkill said:

How can you copy the character from someone else?  I knew we can copy the outlook but also their character's max skills?

It's an option right in the UI when you're playing online.  Approach their character in the social hub and just copy it to you.  The skills are irrelevant because you'll be using the character to sink a putt that's just a few feet away.

On 4/28/2022 at 2:43 PM, Jeanoltt said:

Thank you! Is it as good as World Tour? I've been meaning to play it for a while and this might speed it up.

It's awesome but I slightly prefer World Invitational.

• Like 2

EG is one of my favourite games. Also I got platinum i last year but I'm sad they shutting down servers..

What is reason to disable online mode? Game is still popular, lot of ppl playing and talking, chatting together. I also play very often so don't understand decisions like this.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jay_Kimber said:

I managed to do the glitch yesterday. One of the easiest ways to obtain a glitch character is to go to Kanola Beach Hole 1 and look up the high scorer for the day, as a hole in one can only be obtained via glitch the no:1 ranked for the day is often one. Just copy that player into a spare slot and then change the body type to child to preform the glitch.

How exactly do you copy the top player? I see the 5 top players next to the tee box at the hole in the open course but there doesn't seem to be an option to copy those.

5 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

What does the glitch do exactly?

Make it easier to get condors?

Lets you put the ball right next to the hole. You just have to putt it for the Condor. Takes a couple of mins max to do it.

3 hours ago, Dantares24 said:

How exactly do you copy the top player? I see the 5 top players next to the tee box at the hole in the open course but there doesn't seem to be an option to copy those.

Only way i could do it was to copy it from the person when they are online.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dragonending said:

Is it really a 8/10 game? I will skip it if the game is too difficult to plat.

I wouldn't say 8/10 for difficulty. If there wasn't a glitch for getting Condors then yeah it would be a high difficulty because getting them legit is just rng. 

Everything else is pretty straight forward. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

What does the glitch do exactly?

Make it easier to get condors?

If you have an invisible character, you can play hole 1 in kanola beach and when you are real near the hole like 1m or less, you quit and change to the invisible one, then the character falls through the floor until you get the menu of starting the hole. when you start again you start at the same position so you can hole-in-one 3 times like nothing. 

check this video: condor glitch

11 hours ago, Dantares24 said:

So I'm not at my PS5 right now but from what I remember when you are on the course if you press 'start' to bring up the menu and go to 'Data' there should be a menu for course data. From there you can view the 9 hole and single hole totals for the day, and even scroll back to view everyone for the last week. In that menu you can bring up the player card of the top scorer and copy their character.