Online shutting down 30th Sept 2022

Stevieboy

10 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

Of course the 1 glitch character I find today has the copy option disabled

Lol I came here to say this as well... Very frustrating.

I did notice going back a few days on the leaderboard for hole 1 on the beach daily ranking has an invisible character; however, when you copy it you get a normal version... Like the icon is invisible but the character isn't glitched even after changing body type to child. I think the only way to really get a glitched character is to copy then when they are online and actively using it...

I might just wait for the bonus course to be on the beach. Yesterday (and this morning) the beach was dead with like 7 people max but usually it was 0-3. I'm going to try and be on there right when it resets at 7pm central but I usually don't get home until like 7:15 :')

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/05/2022 at 1:16 PM, sssMABsss said:

If you have an invisible character, you can play hole 1 in kanola beach and when you are real near the hole like 1m or less, you quit and change to the invisible one, then the character falls through the floor until you get the menu of starting the hole. when you start again you start at the same position so you can hole-in-one 3 times like nothing. 

check this video: condor glitch

Is this allowed? There's nothing against glitches, right?

Edited by Incognito_D

1 hour ago, The_Kopite said:

Created a vid myself to show anyone who was interested as couldn't find many videos on it and decided to add information in the video description to help. Definitely works. Just not for an albatross.

This works for an Albatross. Just miss the putt and hit it in with an additional stroke. lol

Edited by FrostyMcNugs
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FrostyMcNugs said:

This works for an Albatross. Just miss the putt and hit it in with an additional stroke. lol

I tried that and it never worked for me. Kept saying that the ball was unplayable even though it was on the green. Must work for some and not others lol o well.

Edited by The_Kopite

29 minutes ago, The_Kopite said:

I tried that and it never worked for me. Kept saying that the ball was unplayable even though it was on the green. Must work for some and not others lol o well.

I think you're doing it a different way than how I do it. I don't play hole 1 and quit when it sinks in, I just go to the pin and drop under, switch back to my normal character, then sink it. It's probably unplayable for you because you don't switch back to a normal character before you start putting.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The_Kopite said:

When it says the ball is unplayable, quit the round - then switch back to your normal character ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FrostyMcNugs said:

I think you're doing it a different way than how I do it. I don't play hole 1 and quit when it sinks in, I just go to the pin and drop under, switch back to my normal character, then sink it. It's probably unplayable for you because you don't switch back to a normal character before you start putting.

Fair play, didn't realise this!

6 hours ago, Incognito_D said:

When it says the ball is unplayable, quit the round - then switch back to your normal character 1f609.png

Whenever I did try to switch back to my normal character, they would stay under the ground so to speak and I wouldn't be able to do anything apart from run around a glitched area lol o well. Got the 5 albatrosses anyways thankfully.

I'll update the video description either way!

Edited by The_Kopite

On 5/21/2022 at 0:07 AM, The_Kopite said:

Fair play, didn't realise this!

Whenever I did try to switch back to my normal character, they would stay under the ground so to speak and I wouldn't be able to do anything apart from run around a glitched area lol o well. Got the 5 albatrosses anyways thankfully.

I'll update the video description either way!

Yeah you will stay under the map until you finish the hole. Then you should be back on ground level but the camera will be locked. Just teleport to a different course or the home area and everything will be normal again!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TemplePilot said:

Just wanted to also confirm that it worked for the albatross for me as well.

1 hour ago, FrostyMcNugs said:

Yeah you will stay under the map until you finish the hole. Then you should be back on ground level but the camera will be locked. Just teleport to a different course or the home area and everything will be normal again!

Cheers for the info! I did update the description on the vid.

Been trying to help a couple of people with giving them the glitched character but seems to be very tempermental and even though I've been doing it correctly (The person who helped me confirmed this), the other people have not been getting it successfully. Very odd. Sucks when you want to help others and it is not working.

Is there a good time of day to play if you're looking to find and copy a glitched character? I ran around the beach, and other places, quite a bit last night looking for one and no dice. Like others, I even tried copying the invisible character from the Hole 1 ranking list, but he stops being glitched once copied.

I would also like to know if there's an optimal time to find glitched characters running around online. Does anyone know if you also need to complete the glitch while they remain online or are you golden as soon as you get them in your inventory?

Edited by SWWDevereux
Missed word

My advice is to hang out on the course by the hole immediately after reset (midnight by the in-game clock; 5pm pacific time). I got a glitched character within the first hour. Press the touch pad to see more of the course and you can see the exact moment they switch to an invisible character.

Pretty sure that once you have the character copied you're all good regardless of what the other player does.

• 2 weeks later...

Good day for Condor hunting on Alpina 12 if you’re doing it legitimately. Got all 3 of mine within an hour, and this is something I’ve struggled with for awhiiiiiiile. Low wind and friendly conditions! Had it locked-in from the back left corner of the tee box. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DynaVita said:

Hello,

Is it stil safe to start this game today and be able to have the platinum before online shutdown ?

I don't have a lot of free time (30 min - 1h / per day), so do you have any recommendations / roadmap ?

Thanks !

You have 3 months to get the plat so I wouldn't worry about it, just follow the Trophy Guide and you'll be fine :).

• Like 2