Online shutting down 30th Sept 2022

Stevieboy

So I'm trying to do the Condor legit.  Does anyone know how to change the teeing ground to the closest one?  Does that change every day on its own or am I missing something?  Because it's trying to get me to aim from the very back one.  But i want to do the closest one like in the video.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chettlar said:

So I'm trying to do the Condor legit.  Does anyone know how to change the teeing ground to the closest one?  Does that change every day on its own or am I missing something?  Because it's trying to get me to aim from the very back one.  But i want to do the closest one like in the video.

Unfortunately, that's part of the RNG, it assigns a tee every day as well and you can't start a round from the other ones.  Tees, cups, pin placements, wind and rain are all assigned each day, so you have to keep trying until you find a combination that 1) you can hit, and 2) is an official round.

On 6/30/2022 at 10:15 AM, NonGone said:

Unfortunately, that's part of the RNG, it assigns a tee every day as well and you can't start a round from the other ones.  Tees, cups, pin placements, wind and rain are all assigned each day, so you have to keep trying until you find a combination that 1) you can hit, and 2) is an official round.

Thank you.  Appreciate it.  Hopefully I can get the fish guy Vs match so I can start farming triple precision balls.

2 minutes ago, Winterglemm said:

sorry if it was mention already but why is the encylopedia trophy affected by server closure?

You can only fish on online courses. You can't free roam on a course offline.

Edited by Stevieboy

I am late to the party founding out the online servers are shutting down Sept. 30th.  I would like to go for the platinum on this account and would like to know if there is plenty of time from now to the end of September to get all the online trophies?

8 hours ago, kerplookniac said:

I am late to the party founding out the online servers are shutting down Sept. 30th.  I would like to go for the platinum on this account and would like to know if there is plenty of time from now to the end of September to get all the online trophies?

According to the guide, its about 40hrs to plat..you can make that decision yourself to decide if you fit a game like that into your schedule. 

• Like 1

I think with 3 months left there should be plenty of time to plat this. It’s less about the hours and more about the number of days you have to wait for the right conditions to appear.

The danger time will be when there is around a month left imo.

1. You need to finish enough of the campaign to start unlocking rematch vs characters.

2. Beating one of the rematch vs characters unlocks the rare fishing bait necessary to complete the encyclopedia. As there are 18 (I think?) vs characters to cycle through you could be unlucky and not unlock the bait until late. I’m not sure if there is a way to refresh which character you can vs.

3. The three condors. I did it on Alpina 12 and it might take some time for the right conditions to appear. So no guarantee in the final month how many times you will have the opportunity to do it. If you find a glitch character it will be easier, I could never find one though so just did it legit.

• Like 1

Just now, EvilHamchan said:

2. Beating one of the rematch vs characters unlocks the rare fishing bait necessary to complete the encyclopedia. As there are 18 (I think?) vs characters to cycle through you could be unlucky and not unlock the bait until late. I’m not sure if there is a way to refresh which character you can vs.

This part is key. There are 18 revenge vs. characters and they show up at a rate of 1 per day, and in a random order. There is no way to speed them up either, or refresh them to get a different one to face, so you need 18 days to beat them all.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Stevieboy said:

This part is key. There are 18 revenge vs. characters and they show up at a rate of 1 per day, and in a random order. There is no way to speed them up either, or refresh them to get a different one to face, so you need 18 days to beat them all.

You can refresh them if when you enter the "lobby" of the game you see that it is not the desired Rival*, you close the app with the PS button. The important thing is not to trigger the autosave.

*Just to clarify, I'm talking about Rivals that have daily rotation.

Edited by JorgeSleep
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, JorgeSleep said:

You can refresh them if when you enter the "lobby" of the game you see that it is not the desired Rival*, you close the app with the PS button. The important thing is not to trigger the autosave.

This is true, I was able to refresh my Revenge LIst characters by going to the lobby. Sometimes though it didn't always work and I had to actually go and talk to them, almost start the match and select "Gimme Mode" and once I had clicked it I immediately closed the game and I found it continued to skip the characters for me! 

Again though like the previous commenter said, I think this only works for Revenge Characters! And I was only ever able to skip 4 characters within one day. 

Good luck everyone! I currently only need 6 more gallery members and 4 more Revenge Characters myself (cycled through until the fishing chief popped up)

Edited by mattfry94
Adding helpful information
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, JorgeSleep said:

Oh, I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for correcting me.

• Like 2

Just to chime in, I was never able to reset the rival more than once per day. Repeated attempts just kept giving me the same second player. I don't think I triggered an autosave after the second but not the first.

Still, even that will double your chances at getting the fishing guy. Sadly that's really the only thing it helps with.

Simply leave the game before the in-game date change and back up your save to the cloud or USB. Go into the game after the day changes and if it's not the rival you want, don't talk to them, just immediately exit the game via the PS button and it will change to someone else the next time you go in. If somehow you screw it up, restore your save and try again. The fishing guy was the first revenge VS character I faced because I shut down/restarted about a dozen times to get him to appear first. If you face him and are about to lose the match, hold down the PS button and quit the game and the next time you go in, it will be the same VS character because it saved that that is who you are facing that day and will let you start the match over again from scratch.

• Like 1

Right after the refresh is definitely the best time to find a glitched character, took me 2 minutes to find one the other day

Only thing that is giving me a problem is the spiral shot, every time I hit the pin it just bounces off 

16 minutes ago, Apostrophe said:

Simply leave the game before the in-game date change and back up your save to the cloud or USB. Go into the game after the day changes and if it's not the rival you want, don't talk to them, just immediately exit the game via the PS button and it will change to someone else the next time you go in. If somehow you screw it up, restore your save and try again. The fishing guy was the first revenge VS character I faced because I shut down/restarted about a dozen times to get him to appear first. If you face him and are about to lose the match, hold down the PS button and quit the game and the next time you go in, it will be the same VS character because it saved that that is who you are facing that day and will let you start the match over again from scratch.

Huh, never thought of backing up my save to get more re-rolls but it makes sense.

Edited by RNumbers

This is probably a really dumb question but how do you copy a character.  I see an invisible guy on the side of hole 1, but I don't see how to copy.  Do I have to find the person themselves while they're still on the course?  Can I still do it if they leave?

Also, do I have to copy a character who is online on the same course I am playing?  Like can I go to a different course, copy someone invisible and then go back to the beach map?

Edited by Chettlar

Does anyone know the prerequisites besides condors to unlock the Eve (1 condor) and Melissa (3 condors) secret vs character challenges? I have 6 using a glitched character and neither appeared in the home area to challenge. Hassan showed up fine right after getting 5 albatrosses. Maybe a rank or other vs character that has to be beaten first? I’m only rank 4. Was looking through this thread and someone there needed to beat Jason at rank 6 to unlock a birdies secret vs character challenge. This was an unexpected road bump.

6 minutes ago, NMErickson said:

Does anyone know the prerequisites besides condors to unlock the Eve (1 condor) and Melissa (3 condors) secret vs character challenges? I have 6 using a glitched character and neither appeared in the home area to challenge. Hassan showed up fine right after getting 5 albatrosses. Maybe a rank or other vs character that has to be beaten first? I’m only rank 4. Was looking through this thread and someone there needed to beat Jason at rank 6 to unlock a birdies secret vs character challenge. This was an unexpected road bump.

You might have to be rank 7 first to unlock them, as I'm pretty sure their vs matches are on the course you unlock at that rank. Unfortunately, you'll have to get another condor after reaching rank 7 to unlock them as it doesn't do it automatically if you've already done the requirements.

• Like 1