Online shutting down 30th Sept 2022

Stevieboy

1 minute ago, Stevieboy said:

You might have to be rank 7 first to unlock them, as I'm pretty sure their vs matches are on the course you unlock at that rank. Unfortunately, you'll have to get another condor after reaching rank 7 to unlock them as it doesn't do it automatically if you've already done the requirements.

Ah interesting. Yea that makes sense now. Thank you. Was hoping to knock out all the condor stuff but really just need to finish the main mode first. Makes sense too cause condors are meant to be done with custom clubs at rank 7.

4 hours ago, NMErickson said:

Does anyone know the prerequisites besides condors to unlock the Eve (1 condor) and Melissa (3 condors) secret vs character challenges? I have 6 using a glitched character and neither appeared in the home area to challenge. Hassan showed up fine right after getting 5 albatrosses. Maybe a rank or other vs character that has to be beaten first? I’m only rank 4. Was looking through this thread and someone there needed to beat Jason at rank 6 to unlock a birdies secret vs character challenge. This was an unexpected road bump.

I had to beat Hassan and then do another glitched condor to get Evie to show up.

Not sure if i was rank 7 by then.

Btw Evie was the toughest character to beat for me, hitting a birdie at almost every hole in imperial garden.

• Like 1

Does anyone know who character number 53 is?  I am looking in the encyclopedia because I was hoping to see who I have left to go against in revenge, but not seeing anyway to see.  But yeah I noticed the only one not revealed is 53, the last one before the secret characters starting with 54.  Just says NO DATA.

Who is that and why don't I have them?

5 hours ago, Chettlar said:

Does anyone know who character number 53 is?  I am looking in the encyclopedia because I was hoping to see who I have left to go against in revenge, but not seeing anyway to see.  But yeah I noticed the only one not revealed is 53, the last one before the secret characters starting with 54.  Just says NO DATA.

Who is that and why don't I have them?

Number 53 is the revenge version of Adam. He should unlock in the same method as all the other revenge vs characters. For me, he was one of the last ones to appear. Second or third last.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2022 at 0:58 AM, Stevieboy said:

Number 53 is the revenge version of Adam. He should unlock in the same method as all the other revenge vs characters. For me, he was one of the last ones to appear. Second or third last.

Gotcha.  I never looked at the character list until then, so I didn't even realize people show up twice.

What a fun platinum that was.

1 hour ago, TheRedMaverick said:

I want to try and get this done but all these other game shutdowns are just piling up...aside from the time constraints like the 18 day fishing thing, is this actually a difficult game or can a golf newbie still be able to get it done? My only experience playing golf is from GTA5 lol

It’s not a hard game..I’ve only played the vita hot shot game a while back and this game is a joke compare to it. 

• Like 1

I very randomly got in the mood for an arcade/gimmicky golf game and came across this. Too late I suppose. Based on Stevieboy’s post, I’m thinking I should not bother. Particularly the “treat everything like an online trophy and get it done as fast as possible” idea. Getting Walking Encyclopedia sounds doable in the time remaining, but I feel like it’s just gonna be a risk no matter what and the remaining work might be daunting even with it out of the way.

So in short, as interested as I am, I think it might be best to just look for something else to scratch that itch.

1 hour ago, Veritas7Ax said:

I very randomly got in the mood for an arcade/gimmicky golf game and came across this. Too late I suppose.

I think there's still more than enough time to do everything needed before the shutdown. I did everything that requires the online connection (Walking Encyclopaedia and Online Debut) in a little over a week. There are other trophies that are made a lot easier with the online open courses (trophies like: Absolute Finesse and It's a Miracle) but even I was able to slowly chip away at those in a couple weeks, I didn't play every day either just whenever I felt like it. The last trophies I need only need to be done offline.

If you want to play it, you still have time, but of course you shouldn't dilly-dally.

18 hours ago, Jupiter said:

I think there's still more than enough time to do everything needed before the shutdown. I did everything that requires the online connection (Walking Encyclopaedia and Online Debut) in a little over a week. There are other trophies that are made a lot easier with the online open courses (trophies like: Absolute Finesse and It's a Miracle) but even I was able to slowly chip away at those in a couple weeks, I didn't play every day either just whenever I felt like it. The last trophies I need only need to be done offline.

If you want to play it, you still have time, but of course you shouldn't dilly-dally.

Argh. I'm still on the fence, and your point makes it even more so (not saying that's a bad thing). But as you said, I need to decide quickly. August should not be a particularly busy month for me aside from work, but hmmm. Well either way, thanks for the input.

1 hour ago, Veritas7Ax said:

Argh. I'm still on the fence, and your point makes it even more so (not saying that's a bad thing). But as you said, I need to decide quickly. August should not be a particularly busy month for me aside from work, but hmmm. Well either way, thanks for the input.

2 months is more than enough time to get everything done even playing casually,  if you have the urge to play it I would recommend it

If you are willing to use the glitch to get the condors you need that takes any real stress out of the platinum

Edited by MD_91

• 2 weeks later...

I have this game significantly in my backlog, Last played August 2018

I can see I have cleared Rank 5, Not sure if I Have cleared rank 6.

I read the entire thread but am still confused about 2 things. I think if I grind I can get the rank 7 done easily enough.

Can your rank drop? I remember I wasn't bad at the game but am worried about some rust coming back after so long?

Question: How do I get the glitched Condors etc?

Then its just a matter of playing for 18 days beating all the revenge characters. 

Question: Once I have beaten Revenge Kato, I unlock all fish, how long does it then take to catch all the fish? Can this be done in one sitting? 

Please let me know, on the fence of if I will be able to get this done given the time left before server closure, but will see what the feedback is

1 hour ago, Mr_Wright95 said:

I have this game significantly in my backlog, Last played August 2018

I can see I have cleared Rank 5, Not sure if I Have cleared rank 6.

I read the entire thread but am still confused about 2 things. I think if I grind I can get the rank 7 done easily enough.

Can your rank drop? I remember I wasn't bad at the game but am worried about some rust coming back after so long?

Question: How do I get the glitched Condors etc?

Then its just a matter of playing for 18 days beating all the revenge characters. 

Question: Once I have beaten Revenge Kato, I unlock all fish, how long does it then take to catch all the fish? Can this be done in one sitting? 

Please let me know, on the fence of if I will be able to get this done given the time left before server closure, but will see what the feedback is

Your rank doesn’t drop, your golf level can but I don’t know if that actually does anything, I couldn’t find a use for it when I played. You have to copy a glitched character from someone who has one, and then you can choose that character yourself and glitch a condor, glitch characters put the ball right in front of the tee. Once you beat revenge Kato it probably takes a few hours of fishing, not long.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RNumbers said:

PLENTY of time left to do everything you need online for, particularly if you can get a glitched character for the condors and albatrosses (which should be easy to find).

Are they really that easy to find? What are the glitched characters supposed to even look like? I read in the guides something about invisible characters but I have been playing a while now and haven't seen any yet. 

16 minutes ago, RotatingCube said:

Are they really that easy to find? What are the glitched characters supposed to even look like? I read in the guides something about invisible characters but I have been playing a while now and haven't seen any yet. 

Yes, they are invisible. I had an easy time finding one several weeks ago and have shared it with numerous people, so one way or another they're pretty easy to come by.

18 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

Yes, they are invisible. I had an easy time finding one several weeks ago and have shared it with numerous people, so one way or another they're pretty easy to come by.

How do i go about finding one?

Been years since I played but feel like finding one of these will be the key to if I can or cant get this done. Where should I be looking?

Sorry if this has already been covered 

12 hours ago, Mr_Wright95 said:

Been years since I played but feel like finding one of these will be the key to if I can or cant get this done. Where should I be looking?

Well the short answer is that you go to an open (online) course and copy one from another player. The slightly longer answer is you need to be somewhat lucky as there's no guarantee one will be there. I found one right after the daily reset on Kanaloa Out, as the first hole there is the (only?) one you can use for the glitch. If you look at the high scores for that hole and see people getting holes-in-one then it means people are still doing it regularly.

Edited by RNumbers

12 hours ago, Mr_Wright95 said:

Either find one online or someone to copy from. 

This thread is not to be used to request or provide glitched characters. That falls under the boosting (or looking for players) banner and is to be done using the Gaming Sessions feature. Multiple posts have already been removed since the thread started, and posting asking others to post offering their glitched characters will just turn this thread into a boosting thread. Threads are meant to be for discussions and questions, boosting is done in the sessions.

2 hours ago, TheSlyGCooper said:

How many hours does this take from scratch? Strongly considering it. How much time does getting a glitched character shave off?

Can't give you hours as I'm still working on it, but I started this game August 1st, casually playing 1-2 hours a night on weekdays and longer sessions on weekends, and I've finished the majority of the game and will finish the online required components tonight, so it's definitely doable before closure. I'm not experienced in golf games at all (in my previous post I mentioned my only experience is with GTA5 golfing lol) and the game is incredibly easy so I recommend it.

Getting a glitched character allows you to completely skip the custom club/gem collecting activities post-story and allows you to get the most difficult trophies in the game immediately after beating the story (reaching rank 7) with extreme ease. If you decide to do these trophies without using the glitch, collecting gems isn't necessarily hard, it's just time consuming as only X amount spawn in online courses a day and using other methods to earn them takes time as well so it's not really worth doing it this way unless you want the satisfaction of knowing you did it without using glitches.

Edited by TheRedMaverick
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheRedMaverick said:

Can't give you hours as I'm still working on it, but I started this game August 1st, casually playing 1-2 hours a night on weekdays and longer sessions on weekends, and I've finished the majority of the game and will finish the online required components tonight, so it's definitely doable before closure. I'm not experienced in golf games at all (in my previous post I mentioned my only experience is with GTA5 golfing lol) and the game is incredibly easy so I recommend it.

Getting a glitched character allows you to completely skip the custom club/gem collecting activities post-story and allows you to get the most difficult trophies in the game immediately after beating the story (reaching rank 7) with extreme ease. If you decide to do these trophies without using the glitch, collecting gems isn't necessarily hard, it's just time consuming as only X amount spawn in online courses a day and using other methods to earn them takes time as well so it's not really worth doing it this way unless you want the satisfaction of knowing you did it without using glitches.

Thanks for the reply. I think if I can manage to get ahold of a glitched character from someone, then I'll attempt it. Hoping someone is in a charitable mood when I'm available. ?