Online shutting down 30th Sept 2022

Stevieboy

22 hours ago, TheSlyGCooper said:

How many hours does this take from scratch? Strongly considering it. How much time does getting a glitched character shave off?

The glitch character basically makes getting condors (required to unlock a couple of Secret VS characters when you are rank 7) very easy to obtain. Without it, you would have to build up a custom club and then use it on certain par 5 holes to try getting those shots. Gotta tell you, even if the wind conditions are favorable and you know where to aim, it still requires extreme luck to be able to pull off getting a condor the legit way. Some players have reported spending lots of hours before they even managed to get one condor; you need three to unlock one of the secret vs characters.

As for hours, getting to rank 7 takes a bit of time and so does trying to get all 720 gallery characters but the grind isn't too bad. What you should be more concerned about is that there are things that are time-gated that could affect your trophy hunting. You should be ok if you begin now or even at the start of September. Start two weeks before the server closure date (September 30) and things start to get dicey. Start a week before that date and you're flirting with an unobtainable platinum.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up for people who have DLC courses, specifically the devilish Akigase Keikou course. This course is atrocious. I could not beat Laura revenge character on it  in Gimme mode and with the bunker and other stroke penalty it had (tree maybe). Usually, the revenge characters are harder versions but still pretty easy on a nice, easy course. If everything is not lined up though, then good luck.

On this course, not only are the greens on islands but they have hills like a putt putt mini golf course that require trick shots to sink it. After many tries, the closest I got was Even going into the 9th hole, then she bested me by one stroke. I had 22 power clubs but really the weirdo greens are what kills this course and not a lot can help with that.

So if you don’t have this DLC, don’t buy it or at least wait til you’re done with mostly everything. I hope it randomly assigns a new course after the daily reset. I have Kato so not worried about who I get, just need the course to change. Everything was smooth sailing until this. For me at least, no other course compares to Akigase in terms of difficulty.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, grimlockjoey said:

What fish are online only? I don't understand how the server is turning off effects fishing spots? or are some courses online only?? Which ones?

Pretty much all fish are online only, with exception to the ones you can catch in the Home Area.

The fish that can only be caught on the courses are online only because you can only free roam courses to be able to fish while online. There is no free roam option for courses offline.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stevieboy said:

Pretty much all fish are online only, with exception to the ones you can catch in the Home Area.

The fish that can only be caught on the courses are online only because you can only free roam courses to be able to fish while online. There is no free roam option for courses offline.

Thank you for that explanation

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TheSlyGCooper said:

Does anyone know if Revenge VS characters and Gimme mode will still be available after shutdown?

Revenge vs characters yes.

Gimme mode unsure about and am curious about as well. I’m thinking no but I’d like to be wrong. It used to be a on/off time limited event sort of thing before they turned it on indefinitely.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NMErickson said:

Revenge vs characters yes.

Gimme mode unsure about and am curious about as well. I’m thinking no but I’d like to be wrong. It used to be a on/off time limited event sort of thing before they turned it on indefinitely.

I really hope Gimme Mode is still available. That's the only reason I've made it this far and I'm not sure if I'll be able to beat all the Revenge characters without it. ?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BYW4T3R5-1996 said:

I full upgraded three custom clubs and each of them reached 18 power. Is that normal or am I doing something wrong? I managed to get one condor with 18 power but it would help if I could get a better custom club.

Custom club stats are basically rolled when you start the game and are tied to your PSN account (this was done via a patch as previously you could reload a save and get different upgrades). You got a roll where all 3 of your clubs have a 1st upgrade path that leads to 18.

I had enough gems to roll my clubs a few times, and my 1st set had rolls of 17 (+1 for the 11th upgrade), 18, 15, & 16. I then reloaded my save and bought the 2nd set of clubs and rolled them 3 times and got 18, 19 (+1 for the 11th upgrade) & 20 (+1 for the 11th upgrade). I then reloaded my save and bought the 3rd set of clubs and rolled them twice and got 16 & 23 (+2 for the 11th upgrade).

So, the game had decided that my 3rd set of clubs was going to get upgraded enough for max power on it's 2nd upgrade path. You're not doing anything wrong, it's just the game has decided that's what rolls your custom clubs are going to get.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, shaunnn191 said:

I also thought the game had screwed me over having received only Lv18 after saving up gems for a few days, but to my surprise I just managed to hit a Condor with it fine on Alpina Forest Hole 12.

That was also with teeing off at the back of the teeing area and not using a Power shot.  I think Lv17 would probably even be suitable.

On my fourth custom club I reached power 23, which I'm very happy with, and I managed to get the last two condors yesterday and today.

Edited by BYW4T3R5-1996

7 minutes ago, WorldsBestSpy said:

If I start now I should be fine right? 16 days to go. I have some time in the world to do it so if I gave myself another unobtainable plat lmk !

Depends if the revenge vs characters are tied to online or not. If they are then you probably don't have enough time. If they're not, then you just have to make sure you have beaten the revenge vs version of Kato so you can get all the fish before the shutdown.

11 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

Depends if the revenge vs characters are tied to online or not. If they are then you probably don't have enough time. If they're not, then you just have to make sure you have beaten the revenge vs version of Kato so you can get all the fish before the shutdown.

I read in other threads as long as you get Kato first as your revenge character and get the fish every other character will cycle offline. Because yeah its 18 days minimum to get all the revenge characters and its 16 days till shutdown.

3 minutes ago, WorldsBestSpy said:

I read in other threads as long as you get Kato first as your revenge character and get the fish every other character will cycle offline. Because yeah its 18 days minimum to get all the revenge characters and its 16 days till shutdown.

If that's the case, then you'll be fine.

41 minutes ago, grimlockjoey said:

Down to finding about 6 fish.. guess i didn't catch some but got all the ?? done.. backtracking at lunch break. #13,30,44,53,54,59

There's something at each fishing spot (can't remember exactly if it was a sign or the fishing attendant) that gives you a clue you how many and which types of fish you can catch in that spot. Fish you haven't caught at least once will show up on that list as ???. When I went for the trophy, I basically kept fishing at that spot until no more ???? appear. Then move on to the next one.

On 12.9.2022 at 10:06 AM, RedHotChiliFan1 said:

When playing with my custom clubs does it matter if I play online or offline to lvl up my stats for condor?

If you got a glitched character you can have the worst clubs. I did 3 condor and 4 albatross. All of the special shots needed for trophies i did just a few inches from the hole.

Change to glitched character and back to your main when you on the green allready reset the strokes taken and you can use other clubs than putter.

Makes these tasks easy-peasy.