Online shutting down 30th Sept 2022

Stevieboy

On 10/3/2022 at 6:20 AM, mattfry94 said:

No worries! What platinum or game are you working on now? And this thread are full of great people who also share the same thoughts as myself so really, keep on keeping on because you're doing great 1f60a.png

I am playing Carrion. It's a metroidvania-esq game where the player is cast as the marauding alien life form. From looking at the high plat attainment perentage, it's doesn't seem like it will be especially difficult to obtain. Not using a guide or walkthrough though. Not sure how much more difficult that will make it, but so far, it seems relatively easy, which is not a bad thing, especially with my current state. The less stress the better.  I'm also playing the PS4 and Vita versions of Neon Chrome. No platinum trophy for either version, but I don't let that stop me from playing a game, even if I sometimes gripe about it's absence. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, COKTOE said:

I am playing Carrion. It's a metroidvania-esq game where the player is cast as the marauding alien life form. From looking at the high plat attainment perentage, it's doesn't seem like it will be especially difficult to obtain. Not using a guide or walkthrough though. Not sure how much more difficult that will make it, but so far, it seems relatively easy, which is not a bad thing, especially with my current state. The less stress the better.  I'm also playing the PS4 and Vita versions of Neon Chrome. No platinum trophy for either version, but I don't let that stop me from playing a game, even if I sometimes gripe about it's absence. 

That actually sounds pretty cool and a nice slice of something different! I'm currently playing a game series called Zero Escape and I'm into the third game, Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma. They're escape room styled games with lots of mystery! 

• Like 1

On 10/6/2022 at 0:58 AM, mattfry94 said:

That actually sounds pretty cool and a nice slice of something different! I'm currently playing a game series called Zero Escape and I'm into the third game, Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma. They're escape room styled games with lots of mystery! 

Well, in the name of honesty, since I mentioned I wasn't using a guide, I finished the story, but DID end up using a guide to find most of the containment units post game. I can't recall a Metroidvania not having an in game map until playing Carrion, but the lack of one made re-navigating the now almost completely open game world daunting.

• Like 1

On 2022-10-03 at 0:07 PM, CBASS593 said:

Yes, its just a question mark in the top of the screen and they never show up. Bums me out because I hustled to get the fishing and everything done but now I can’t platinum it.

Is it possible you actually beat all the revenge characters and maybe didn't notice? As @RotatingCube mentioned, people tested logging in completely offline and the characters would still update so not sure why they aren't appearing for you. To confirm if you have them all beat, you can check the encyclopedia and see if all of the red squares have a character in them.There's no trophy for beating all the revenge characters (only one for beating all VS. characters and another for all secret VS. characters) so I'm hoping this is the case for you.

15 minutes ago, Yinyangfooey said:

Is there a way to check how many official matches you've done? They're my last two for the secret VS character trophies.

I can't remember if there's a way to count your official tournaments specifically, but I know you can at least count all the tournaments you have done which might help give you some idea of how many you've played. Tournaments in each rank will say at the top "Tournament no. #" where # will be an actual number. Add all the numbers from rank 1 to rank 7 and that is the total number of tournaments you have played so far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yinyangfooey said:

Is there a way to check how many official matches you've done? They're my last two for the secret VS character trophies.

On the tournament screen, on the bottom right corner there's a number, with a little golf on top a tee, thats the # of official tourneys youve done. can confirmed its accurate. my advice, under any circumstances do NOT do unofficial tournaments. will only make things longer. why they decided to lock majority of stuff behind official rounds is insane considering the game will literally not give you a choice sometimes in ranks. currently at 90.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, TheRedMaverick said:

I can't remember if there's a way to count your official tournaments specifically, but I know you can at least count all the tournaments you have done which might help give you some idea of how many you've played. Tournaments in each rank will say at the top "Tournament no. #" where # will be an actual number. Add all the numbers from rank 1 to rank 7 and that is the total number of tournaments you have played so far.

Thanks, do you know if they have to be official or unofficial?

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/10/2022 at 2:16 AM, mattfry94 said:

I know my words won't mean much and cannot change the fact that you can't get the Platinum anymore but please don't blame yourself. It sounded like you did work really hard and it's nice working together for people and just sharing something for the same interest of trophy hunting, playing games and enjoying yourself! 

The reason why I wanted to reply was because you mentioned about all the stuff that's been happening in your life and honestly, that's tough and you've nailed what's been going on and are doing your best. No Platinum needed for that! Your health and wellbeing will always be worth more than any trophy (although tell that to myself with the many all nighters with trophy hunting) but please, you're not an idiot! You worked hard, be proud and know you would have gotten the Platinum if it wasn't for the closure of the servers. 

If it makes you feel better I didn't know about the servers closing for Onrush so now I can't get that Platinum. That sucks. But you know what? That's out of my control and I'll focus my efforts to other games! 

So please, go chase that next Platinum and look after yourself ? I hope your health improves and you can enjoy some gaming! 

Edit - This also goes to anyone that's feeling down if they missed out on the Platinum. Keep on keeping on because your profiles have some damn fine accomplishments and there are many more to achieve. 

Onrush isn't closing until the end of November I thought?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Incognito_D said:

Onrush isn't closing until the end of November I thought?

At the time when I wrote that the general information was that it was closing within those few days but then it was confirmed to be closing their servers near the end of November and I now have the Platinum ? I should have gone back to my post from a few weeks ago and changed that!