Platinum <1 day??

Deluziion90

9 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

it's actually easy. if you skip round table hold and stormveil castle you can secure everything you need, and every single side area in caelid, liurnia and limgrave, and get max lvl of 770 or whatever it is, all in about 50 hrs. without earning a single trophy, then pop pop pop 

Jesus, how do you get to like lvl 770 without popping a trophy? Where on earth has THAT much exp....

40 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Jesus, how do you get to like lvl 770 without popping a trophy? Where on earth has THAT much exp....

You can get to the Palace Approach Ledge-Road site of grace without popping anything. Then its just up to how many hours you want to fire arrows at that one bird. As long as you never go to the roundtable hold you're sweet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoastedPeanut said:

You can get to the Palace Approach Ledge-Road site of grace without popping anything. Then its just up to how many hours you want to fire arrows at that one bird. As long as you never go to the roundtable hold you're sweet. 

Haha I discovered that the other day with a friend, we got our arses kicked by that bird many times. So after getting past it on his save. We moved to mine, while I was waiting for him to connect I noticed I could see it so I thought of trying to shoot it death with arrow, or rot arrows. You should it once and it runs to its death. I laughed!

But then after levelling up the bird was back and I just thought wow, aren't they going to patch this?

AI on the whole in this game is pretty good with rarely the AI doing stupid stuff, but man that bird it just runs to its death...

Still though, it only awards like 13000 exp and I need nearly 200000 to level up once and I'm about 150, sounds like it would take ages to get to lvl700 using this approach. I mean, surely once you get to at least lvl 200, surely it's like 2 million each time to level up?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

Haha I discovered that the other day with a friend, we got our arses kicked by that bird many times. So after getting past it on his save. We moved to mine, while I was waiting for him to connect I noticed I could see it so I thought of trying to shoot it death with arrow, or rot arrows. You should it once and it runs to its death. I laughed!

But then after levelling up the bird was back and I just thought wow, aren't they going to patch this?

AI on the whole in this game is pretty good with rarely the AI doing stupid stuff, but man that bird it just runs to its death...

Still though, it only awards like 13000 exp and I need nearly 200000 to level up once and I'm about 150, sounds like it would take ages to get to lvl700 using this approach. I mean, surely once you get to at least lvl 200, surely it's like 2 million each time to level up?

It's not too bad. I'm currently 154 and it was around 164,000 to level up. Around this level it's going up about 2000-3000 runes per additional level. I don't thInk it's necessary to go too much higher. So far I've been melting bosses with my +10 carian regal sceptor and staff of loss dual setup. Night Comet is just calving things apart. On my way down to Malenia now so we'll see how it goes. I think I'm way overleveled though, lol

2 hours ago, RoastedPeanut said:

It's not too bad. I'm currently 154 and it was around 164,000 to level up. Around this level it's going up about 2000-3000 runes per additional level. I don't thInk it's necessary to go too much higher. So far I've been melting bosses with my +10 carian regal sceptor and staff of loss dual setup. Night Comet is just calving things apart. On my way down to Malenia now so we'll see how it goes. I think I'm way overleveled though, lol

I'm level 485 and Malenia makes me feel like I am NOT overlevelled at all.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

The ps5 version took me 50hrs to platinum which is pretty decent I suppose. But having a look at the ps4 version I see some people getting it done in 2-8hrs. 

Question is.. how?!1f602.png

Using the dupe runes trick you can easily get to level 250ish in about 20 mins. If you drop gear from another playthrough as well you can easily charge through the game skipping almost every enemy and boss not required for trophies.

I did my ps5 playthrough in about 50 hours playtime and then ran the ps4 version in 10 hours and I definitely could have done it faster I think.

EDIT: just to clarify, I only used duped runes on the ps4 playthrough otherwise my ps5 time might have been faster.

Edited by Malachen
Clarification
  • Like 2

I got the PS5 platinum for 60+ hours, but I can see myself getting the PS4 one within 24 hours (won't do that though as it's too crazy).

My last 17 trophies for the PS5 version took a bit over 12 hours, and I don't think the remaining trophies can take more than 12 hours this time though. Once you have the comet azur spell, most of the bosses are very easy.

Also make sure to trade your weapons and talisman to another player, and trade back to your PS4 character. Therefore you don't need to worry about missable trophies too much.

Edited by dragonending

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/3/2022 at 6:54 PM, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

it's actually easy. if you skip round table hold and stormveil castle you can secure everything you need, and every single side area in caelid, liurnia and limgrave, and get max lvl of 770 or whatever it is, all in about 50 hrs. without earning a single trophy, then pop pop pop 

How?

My plat was about 135h

Edited by ManuelShiran
  • Like 1

On 30/03/2022 at 2:58 AM, enaysoft said:

hey sorry didn't catch your post, you might know about it now, but the big sleeping dragon in caelid can be killed multiple times, quickly when you get it down it's like 140+ mill an hr or something.

26 minutes ago, ManuelShiran said:

How?

My plat was about 135h

get the horse, go around stormveil castle and unlock every grace and area and clear them, for levels get the flies spell from the underground area and kill the big sleeping dragon with it, just as it dies refresh at grace before it teleports away, and you can endlessly kill it over and over get max lvl 770 in like a day orso, then just map out your path to missles, and everything inbetween, all bosses, all strats or cheezes if it's your first time and u want pure speed. so the big stone shield for miquella or that sword with the flaming overhead slam weapon art. mimic +10 you should kill her quickly just watch a no dmg run and count how many seconds before the roll on fowl attack, should do it quickly. 

but anyway to get it done in less then a day you'd have to be fluent in the whole game and know it all by heart i imagine. 

On 4/14/2022 at 5:04 AM, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

hey sorry didn't catch your post, you might know about it now, but the big sleeping dragon in caelid can be killed multiple times, quickly when you get it down it's like 140+ mill an hr or something.

You can get even faster runes with a friend by having them drop 99x Lord / Hero runes, them loading a cloud save to duplicate, and repeating. Can also have all-but-1 of the legendary items at +24 / +9 dropped, for an end-game build at the start of the game with no trophs earned to make routing even easier.

Edited by Mr-ttaM

• 1 month later...
On 6/5/2022 at 4:14 PM, DAS2in1 said:

I saw one profile plat this game on ps4 less than 2 hours

couple of days later plat the ps5 version less than 3 hours

How is that possible? I see guide says 7/10 diff and 65-80 hr

I have my ps4 plat time at sub 5 hours, and i put in 7 hours of prior prep work opening the map, duping runes etc but i didn t practise any part of the game or plan it out very well and lost an hour to confusion over a scarseal/soreseal description.  The only glitch i used was the harder wrong warp that doesn t really save more than an hour. I also put 135 hours into the ps5 version exploring the map.  I think 3 hours would be a well practised run on patch 1.07 (which i used), and 1.5  hours is likely quite achievable on the unpatched version where you can glitch into the giant area, and flying horse is still working.  Difficulty is up for debate.  I had a really hard time on my first playthrough being very underleveled, but with a level 400 astrologer not so much which i got by duping runes with a friend for an hour. 

Edited by maisie666

• 4 weeks later...
On 2022-04-13 at 9:39 AM, ManuelShiran said:

How?

My plat was about 135h

130 hours is about right on target for a blind, Completionist playthrough where you explore very thoroughly and kill everything you encounter. I played this way also and clocked in at 122 hours myself, and I’m pretty experienced with these games.

The people who are beating this game in a few hours for fastest achiever etc. are able to do so because the trophy list allows players to do a lot of prep work before ever popping a trophy and logging the game on their profile. So they can unlock all areas, acquire gear they need for their build, farm runes and over level etc., and then warp around the map and wreck the bosses in quick succession and platinum this game very quickly.

For everyone else who just played normally and finished within the guide’s 60-80 hour window, I suspect most of them were skipping a significant amount of content, following guides and walkthroughs as they played etc. Because the vast majority (probably like 80%) of the content in this game is completely optional, and the map is absolutely massive, so it’s hard to imagine you could do and see everything and still finish in the 70 hour guide estimation.

• 4 weeks later...

Did this today. 2 hours 12 minutes. I made a bunch of mistakes and made the #2 spot, but I still can't fathom the #1 spot. I'm posting the video to my youtube August 1st at noon central for anyone curious. I used a lot of wrong warps and a dumb rock glitch (for Astel early) to unlock most graces I needed beforehand.

On 30/03/2022 at 5:45 AM, enaysoft said:

You can kill an invader in a later area for rivers of blood and spec for dex and arc n just L2 the albinaurics in mohgwyn palace starting grace for fast rune farming, quickest I’ve found so far, probably one of the best farming spots so I guess people go there to farm if you can get there without popping a trophy, any weapon with a good high damage skill really just to make the run quicker, there’s a weapon that does a shockwave of light which is by far the fastest but I think it’s one of the end game boss weapons, so they’d have to pop a trophy to get it I’m sure, but even without it it’s still quicker than than burning arrows on this bird, but you don’t need to get that high a level to beat the game easily, I imagine there’s a very few select people that are even at 700 plus let alone trophy hunters, I’ve put almost 300h in and I’m only 160 lol

But I’m playing to earn every item, so a lot of runes has gone on levelling gear of which I’ve got most of now, ....lots of runes

3 hours ago, Shmeefly said:

You can kill an invader in a later area for rivers of blood and spec for dex and arc n just L2 the albinaurics in mohgwyn palace starting grace for fast rune farming, quickest I’ve found so far, probably one of the best farming spots so I guess people go there to farm if you can get there without popping a trophy, any weapon with a good high damage skill really just to make the run quicker, there’s a weapon that does a shockwave of light which is by far the fastest but I think it’s one of the end game boss weapons, so they’d have to pop a trophy to get it I’m sure, but even without it it’s still quicker than than burning arrows on this bird, but you don’t need to get that high a level to beat the game easily, I imagine there’s a very few select people that are even at 700 plus let alone trophy hunters, I’ve put almost 300h in and I’m only 160 lol

But I’m playing to earn every item, so a lot of runes has gone on levelling gear of which I’ve got most of now, ....lots of runes

Well quite a while since I wrote that post, but you can just drop rivers of blood, exp and all the best items in the game etc for somebody right from the start. So even if you hadn't played the game before you could easily super level up and get all the best gear without popping a trophy and without venturing anywhere.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

And I'm over here hitting my 200th hour on the game and I'm just now at the end of the game with only Malenia, Maliketh, Mohg, and Hoaroah Loux left. As long as I can get the endings in a manageable way, it'll probably take me to 250 hours but I really like to slow down and take my time. I'm thorough but I enjoy messing around. I could never be a speed-runner, I'm like the direct opposite of a speed-runner.

• 2 months later...
On 17/09/2022 at 0:57 AM, BodamEscapePlan said:

And I'm over here hitting my 200th hour on the game and I'm just now at the end of the game with only Malenia, Maliketh, Mohg, and Hoaroah Loux left. As long as I can get the endings in a manageable way, it'll probably take me to 250 hours but I really like to slow down and take my time. I'm thorough but I enjoy messing around. I could never be a speed-runner, I'm like the direct opposite of a speed-runner.

Same, my ps5 plat took me like 80 hours, but I decided I wanted to sub 24hr plat, I'm not foolish enough to think I could get fastest, but I did a lot of prep, explored all areas up until a trophy boss, had a friend rune dupe, and then I had a really fun time yesterday basically playing a boss rush version of the game. The earlier bosses are definitely too easy with the level of prep I did. But honestly everything post morgott was really really fun. Got it in just over 10 hours. Not the fastest and I definitely could have gotten it under 6 if I hadn't taken breaks etc. 

I just think it's a fun way to do a stack. Just see how fast you can do it. And I had played through the ps5 version again last week to have the harder boss patterns fresh in my head. Honestly I died to gravity more than anything else tho... 

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/09/2022 at 11:57 AM, BodamEscapePlan said:

You're exactly like me. Whatever the estimate plat time is on here, you can double it for me. I'm currently 30 hours playtime at level 36, 3 trophies so far, but I'm not at all interested in doing things quickly, I like to take my time with big open world games. I find it fun going to placed and taking on enemies that were previously killing me easily and smashing them to pieces after putting the work in and figuring them out.

My longest playtime is joint between metal gear solid 5 and the witcher 3, both at around 200 hours, I platinumed metal gear but not the witcher as I played that before I cared about trophies and by the time I decided to maybe go for the plat, I had missed a bunch of missables in my blind playthrough so left it alone and just enjoyed the game. I can see elden ring getting up around the 200 hour mark no dramas.

Edited by harper2704

On 30. 3. 2022 at 10:26 AM, deldoomgun said:

I'm level 485 and Malenia makes me feel like I am NOT overlevelled at all.

you hit most of your build's soft caps around level 200-300, after that it's just minor bonuses, and all Souls game require more skill/reflexes than being certain level, that where lvl 1 madmen with 2H club and no armor come in :D