Track Star - So Difficult

StereoCrom

Yeah race wins are very hard to get. I was lucky enough to take advantage of the recent Tip Toe tournament like many others, and thank god for it because I think in the time I’ve been playing I’ve only won like 10 races or so legitimately. It’s just so luck dependent that even with practice and knowing the optimal routes, there’s only so much you can actually do to try and win a race without sheer luck on your side.

I really hope another event like Tip Toe comes so people can get their final races. I know I’ve got a couple friends who still need theirs and I’m hoping they can get it done in time.

On 2022-03-29 at 10:47 AM, Tombwarrior97 said:

Omg this is true? Maybe there’s hope for the legendaries as well…

Many people (including myself) have contacted support about this so they are no doubt aware of the issue and getting annoyed by all the e-mails. Just be extremely polite with them and maybe there’s a chance.

Despite what the guy said in the response above, the developers can very easily influence the items in the shop. The top row of “Featured Items” are available to everyone and it would be super easy for them to alter the schedule and just code in a legendary colour & pattern before May 9th if they really wanted to. So don’t lose hope ?

2 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Yeah race wins are very hard to get. I was lucky enough to take advantage of the recent Tip Toe tournament like many others, and thank god for it because I think in the time I’ve been playing I’ve only won like 10 races or so legitimately. It’s just so luck dependent that even with practice and knowing the optimal routes, there’s only so much you can actually do to try and win a race without sheer luck on your side.

I really hope another event like Tip Toe comes so people can get their final races. I know I’ve got a couple friends who still need theirs and I’m hoping they can get it done in time.

Many people (including myself) have contacted support about this so they are no doubt aware of the issue and getting annoyed by all the e-mails. Just be extremely polite with them and maybe there’s a chance.

Despite what the guy said in the response above, the developers can very easily influence the items in the shop. The top row of “Featured Items” are available to everyone and it would be super easy for them to alter the schedule and just code in a legendary colour & pattern before May 9th if they really wanted to. So don’t lose hope ?

A legendary pattern is in fact coming as a featured item :) so I’m hoping it’s because they heard us. I have also been very active on here, Reddit and Twitter and things seem to be looking up. Fingers crossed for a featured item or even with legendary color!

• Like 1

ah I remember this trophy. I was able to get this really early on when the game came out because I was really good at Slime Climb.

I play a lot of different video games, and I'm pretty decent I think. But I could never compare with all the top elites of FPS games, Rhythm games, Puzzle games, etc...

But I could ace Slime Climb like 90% of the time. Good times.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tombwarrior97 said:

A legendary pattern is in fact coming as a featured item :) so I’m hoping it’s because they heard us. I have also been very active on here, Reddit and Twitter and things seem to be looking up. Fingers crossed for a featured item or even with legendary color!

I saw that and was very happy to know that! I’m not sure if that was already in the rotation or was added after all the requests though. A lot of people (including me) still need a colour also. I’m just praying that’s not the one single thing that prevents me from locking in this in lol,

On 30/3/2022 at 1:28 AM, damienjablonski said:

I tried that when I was at 5 wins and they could see how many I had, so they refused to pop it. I ended up having to grind the remaining 15 on main show.

so there is a chance that the event doesnt count for the trophy?

12 hours ago, IntroPhenom said:

What's the latest on boosting in a private game? I'm wondering if a Main Show private game would permit folks to pop Track Star. Skipping all of the non races, that is.

I’ve been trying to find that out too, but from what I’ve seen I don’t think custom shows count? ? It’s quite hard to find a definitive answer though. I really hope I’m wrong and custom shows work ??

7 hours ago, hittheroadbucky said:

I’ve been trying to find that out too, but from what I’ve seen I don’t think custom shows count? 1f914.png It’s quite hard to find a definitive answer though. I really hope I’m wrong and custom shows work ?1f3fb.png

It doesn't work. Maybe at one point custom shows/matches worked, but that has since been patched.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, U_mad_bro7778 said:

It doesn't work. Maybe at one point custom shows/matches worked, but that has since been patched.

I did the 20 episode wins on sweet thieves but that was one round episode so it must be different on races or am I wrong? 

3 hours ago, darkjjda said:

I did the 20 episode wins on sweet thieves but that was one round episode so it must be different on races or am I wrong? 

When i mean custom/private lobbies i mean the games which you don't earn any rewards such as kudos/exp/shards or crowns. The games has be done in public matches where you are earning rewards.

Edited by U_mad_bro7778

Some of the first games I learned how to play when I was really young were 3D platformers, and I play them fairly regularly to this day. But this game is a whole other beast. I've put so many hours in and only have two races wins, and I'm kind of panicking to finish this now. I'm so low on the lists for many of these boosting sessions that doing this in random games seems to be my only option. I really dislike the luck factor. I get top 5 finishes all the time, but something always screws me out of number 1 such as lag, grabbers, hackers, starting line placement, or an unlucky hit from environment. I'm so close to giving up on this platinum and game, I don't see how this is possible right now without tip toe or some other mode. Especially when 9/10 times I get Full Tilt, my least favorite map in the game, it makes me want to pull every hair out. Who would have thought a game from 2020 would already have a closure and a rush to finish.

Edited by PhazePrime

The best chance to win this trophy is the year of 2020, now this game's players are mostly veterans, and the same race map has variations so it's more luck dependent.

Boosting is also hard because you need at least 40 players to get into the matchmaking at the same time.

Edited by kloudmuka

4 hours ago, PhazePrime said:

Some of the first games I learned how to play when I was really young were 3D platformers, and I play them fairly regularly to this day. But this game is a whole other beast. I've put so many hours in and only have two races wins, and I'm kind of panicking to finish this now. I'm so low on the lists for many of these boosting sessions that doing this in random games seems to be my only option. I really dislike the luck factor. I get top 5 finishes all the time, but something always screws me out of number 1 such as lag, grabbers, hackers, starting line placement, or an unlucky hit from environment. I'm so close to giving up on this platinum and game, I don't see how this is possible right now without tip toe or some other mode. Especially when 9/10 times I get Full Tilt, my least favorite map in the game, it makes me want to pull every hair out. Who would have thought a game from 2020 would already have a closure and a rush to finish.

Literally this, I’m unsure how many race wins I have but my god this is infuriating to get. 

2 hours ago, kloudmuka said:

The best chance to win this trophy is the year of 2020, now this game's players are mostly veterans, and the same race map has variations so it's more luck dependent.

Boosting is also hard because you need at least 40 players to get into the matchmaking at the same time.

That is not even the hard part of the boosting honestly. It's the logistics of it. 40-60 players, each needing 20 wins at maximum. Think about how long that would take? Then you have people leaving and coming in due to timezone differences/schedules or no show. Granted, you will have people helping out who are done with the game or have alts, still 20+ or even 10+ players getting 20 wins each at maximum is no easy fleet. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BenHarveyMusic said:

Just unlocked 20 race wins and for me the Xtreme mode made it much easier however it’s still difficult. 

Thanks for letting us know this mode works.

As infuriating it is to play with very grabby people, this mode can quickly thin the herd out if you manage to get through the people at the start!

1 hour ago, AmbaLaBamba_x said:

Thanks for letting us know this mode works.

As infuriating it is to play with very grabby people, this mode can quickly thin the herd out if you manage to get through the people at the start!

Agreed, this was my way of thinking. 

It's not that hard once you figured out some routes. It took me roughly a week - to do so - which isn't that hard. Yeah, you always need some luck, but people tend to rate this harder then it actually is. And I did this before the tip toe event. Just work out your routes and you should be able to do it in the main event as well.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, hittheroadbucky said:

Is it worth turning crossplay off? ? the load times are longer but that way you’re only competing with console players? 

No, Trust me it's better to keep it crossplay you won't face pro people that much plus you'll find a lobby faster tho.

• Like 1