can't install on ps5 with ps3 disc

ChuckDNorris

I wanted to play COD ghost (Ps4) on ps5. inserted a the ps3 disc, and received an error does not support this disc. I bought call of duty ghost on a ps3 disc before I bought a ps4 at launch, and it was a 10-dollar upgrade for a digital version of ps4 ghost. They were several games that had ps3/ps4 transition upgrade. I was wondering if there were any work arounds this situation, can't remember if this was one of the games that wasn't supported by the ps5

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/29/2022 at 11:13 PM, ChuckDNorris said:

I wanted to play COD ghost (Ps4) on ps5. inserted a the ps3 disc, and received an error does not support this disc. I bought call of duty ghost on a ps3 disc before I bought a ps4 at launch, and it was a 10-dollar upgrade for a digital version of ps4 ghost. They were several games that had ps3/ps4 transition upgrade. I was wondering if there were any work arounds this situation, can't remember if this was one of the games that wasn't supported by the ps5

PS3 to PS4 was a limited time upgrade. No longer available if you havent done it back in the day.

I guess some people didn't understand this situation. If you upgraded a PS3 Version back then, you need to insert the PS3 disc into the PS4. It worked as a license, even though the PS4 can't play PS3 games. If OP upgraded the game in 2013, he should be able to download the digital PS4 version, when starting it he need to insert the PS3 disc again.

• Like 2