SicilianDragon92

Inconsistent Unlocks?

15 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Has anyone else so far found trophy unlocks to be a bit inconsistent?

It took several marriages in a variety of different situations before that unlocked, and I have fabricated claims and won wars in my main game and no trophy. Others have unlocked without issue, even earlier than I expected in one case (Military matters unlocked when I created a unit, and I didn’t need to upgrade it).

I’m aware that on PC previous games usually have achievements locked behind Ironman mode, but given half of the descriptions mention it specifically and half don’t I assume that isn’t necessary for all of them. I’ve already unlocked some on very easy difficulty with no Ironman so that doesn’t seem to be the issue.

Just buggy do we think? (Yeah, I know, quelle surprise!)

EDIT: After some time, it seems that more of the trophy list needs to be done in Ironman mode than the descriptions would suggest. Only trophy that seems to be completely bugged is the hooks one.

Edited by SicilianDragon92
Update

Not sure if it's relevant or helpful, but trophy checks only seem to occur when the game is unpaused. I've achieved a few but they only registered when I let things run for a while. 

Sounds like your issue is slightly different, but posting it here incase it helps some.

Until now I only have problems with Hook, Line and Sinker. 
I already got a weak and a strong hook. But I guess I have to get them both on the same character? 

On 30/03/2022 at 0:41 PM, Couga83 said:

I already got a weak and a strong hook. But I guess I have to get them both on the same character? 

Given no one has it I’d guess it’s bugged.

Didn’t know about the game needing to be unpaused. Will give that a go, though I swear I should have some more unlocked now regardless.

From my experience if you play as one of the rulers on the starting screen of a scenario you don't unlike trophies, but if you pick from any rulers excluding the starting ones they will unlock.

11 hours ago, porter024 said:

From my experience if you play as one of the rulers on the starting screen of a scenario you don't unlike trophies, but if you pick from any rulers excluding the starting ones they will unlock.

I have gotten trophies starting as rulers on the starting screen, so that's not the decisive factor.

I am having troubles getting Black Widow. I did it twice now, but no trophy.

13 hours ago, porter024 said:

You have to pick Daurama Daura, who is a starting character, for the Mother of all trophy. So this wouldn't make sense.

Don't know what to say have tried alt accounts and the trophies since wont pop for the starting rulers. And Mother of all trophy is iron man on maybe that factor into it.

I can’t unlock anything now. Formed Ireland but no trophy. Nothing for fabricating claims or winning wars or even choosing a lifestyle. Game conditions don’t seem to matter and even tried a full reinstall.

Posted (edited)

31 minutes ago, SicilianDragon92 said:

I can’t unlock anything now. Formed Ireland but no trophy. Nothing for fabricating claims or winning wars or even choosing a lifestyle. Game conditions don’t seem to matter and even tried a full reinstall.

I got Ireland with no troubles. Are you sure you are on Iron Man? Because every new game, it is disabled unless you turn it on.

I do think the game is inconsistent, since some don't unlock for me, but I am sure they'll fix it soon enough.

Edited by DoodgraverNL

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, DoodgraverNL said:

I got Ireland with no troubles. Are you sure you are on Iron Man? Because every new game, it is disabled unless you turn it on.

I do think the game is inconsistent, since some don't unlock for me, but I am sure they'll fix it soon enough.

I had assumed ironman was not necessary unless the description explicitly says so. I unlocked other basic trophies without ironman mode active?

EDIT: Couple more unlocks, perhaps ironman is necessary for more than the list implies?

Edited by SicilianDragon92
Typo

45 minutes ago, SicilianDragon92 said:

I had assumed ironman was not necessary unless the description explicitly says so. I unlocked other basic trophies without ironman mode active?

Yeah, some aren't neccessary that's true. I forgot that. I did everything on Iron Man and some just won't unlock for me, but they do for others. I don't know what the problem is, just hope for a fix soon.

On 30/03/2022 at 2:41 PM, Couga83 said:

Tried pretty much everything to get this to pop but it won't. It's impossible to have both weak and strong hook simultaneously on one character but you can upgrade your weak hook to a strong hook in an extremely elaborate skulduggery manoeuvre which involves being aware of someone's criminal secret and before blackmailing them about it go and abduct them first so you can get a weak hook for releasing them and then afterwards blackmailing them about the secret but even a scheme like that doesn't give the trophy. I guess it's probably because the game replaces the weak hook with a strong so you won't have them both at the same time and maybe the trophy was set to require both on one character or who knows, Stellaris trophies were a mess too...

I play ironman only and it was still inconsistent, saves get corrupted as well so they're so disheartening to go for...

I was on my 6th character when the "have a baby" trophy popped, must have been the 50th kid I had but ok... 

This happened for every trophy so far.