'Decked Out' trophy tip

DeAdSHott_ZA

Decked out requires the player to equip a legendary Helmet and Body Armor at the same time.

The easiest way to get this at the time of writing (Season 12) is to wait for Olympus to be in rotation and land Phase Driver. From here make sure no squads are around and hit the consoles around the circle area to spawn loot balls, which will drop at least one Legendary item per use.

Wait around 30 seconds and repeat until you have both items.

Additionally you can play as Lifeline, and so long as everyone has purple or better body shields on your team her care package has a high chance to drop gold armor.

Another good legend to use is Loba if you have her as she can see high tier loot through walls and can pick up items in vaults without needing a key.

This is the most RNG trophy on the list, but hopefully with these tips it will be a bit easier to obtain.

(If anyone else has tips I have missed please feel free to add them below!)

• Like 3

On 30/03/2022 at 6:28 PM, DeAdSHott_ZA said:

Decked out requires the player to equip a legendary Helmet and Body Armor at the same time.

The easiest way to get this at the time of writing (Season 12) is to wait for Olympus to be in rotation and land Phase Driver. From here make sure no squads are around and hit the consoles around the circle area to spawn loot balls, which will drop at least one Legendary item per use.

Wait around 30 seconds and repeat until you have both items.

Additionally you can play as Lifeline, and so long as everyone has purple or better body shields on your team her care package has a high chance to drop gold armor.

Another good legend to use is Loba if you have her as she can see high tier loot through walls and can pick up items in vaults without needing a key.

This is the most RNG trophy on the list, but hopefully with these tips it will be a bit easier to obtain.

(If anyone else has tips I have missed please feel free to add them below!)

This isnt the easiest way.

Hit up Control. Try and get a Loba and Lifeline in your squad. Lifeline as above needs to call in her packages. Loba should be scavenging and searching for the items. Attack the care package drop events in the game hard. Wont take you more than a couple of games to get it. Once you have one item you should play incredibly passively whilst your team mate searches out the other item for you so you dont lose the first one

• Like 2

On 4/2/2022 at 5:30 PM, TheSackoBowl said:

Hit up Control. Try and get a Loba and Lifeline in your squad. Lifeline as above needs to call in her packages. Loba should be scavenging and searching for the items. Attack the care package drop events in the game hard. Wont take you more than a couple of games to get it. Once you have one item you should play incredibly passively whilst your team mate searches out the other item for you so you dont lose the first one

How do you get a backpack in control?

• 1 month later...

Found an easy way to get Decked Out. On World’s Edge, land at “Bloodhound's Trials“ located at the top left of the map. Here you will be fighting 3 rounds of prowlers. At the end you are rewarded with multiple gold equipment. Only took two tries for me to get the armor and helmet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mendelson9 said:

Found an easy way to get Decked Out. On World’s Edge, land at “Bloodhound's Trials“ located at the top left of the map. Here you will be fighting 3 rounds of prowlers. At the end you are rewarded with multiple gold equipment. Only took two tries for me to get the armor and helmet. 

Haven't played Apex since Season 1, so please forgive any stupid questions but... Is this very hard to do? Like I assume your fighting other squads while doing this?

29 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Haven't played Apex since Season 1, so please forgive any stupid questions but... Is this very hard to do? Like I assume your fighting other squads while doing this?

Nah it’s pretty easy. They’ll only be a squad there if someone dropped nearby and hears you shooting. There’s another option on same map. Dropping geysers with loba and looting the stuff out of the locked vault. Takes a couple mins since you gotta wait for the ult to charge up a 2nd time.

On 6/5/2022 at 10:19 AM, B1ngBangBOsh said:

Nah it’s pretty easy. They’ll only be a squad there if someone dropped nearby and hears you shooting. There’s another option on same map. Dropping geysers with loba and looting the stuff out of the locked vault. Takes a couple mins since you gotta wait for the ult to charge up a 2nd time.

So is this something I should be able to do if I am solo q-ing? Or do I have to have a squad to help me?

6 hours ago, Nitro said:

それで、これは私がソロq-ingである場合に私ができるはずのことですか?それとも私を助けるために分隊が必要ですか?

If you steal legendary items from a locked vault by loba ult, you can do it solo. You need to use the loba ult twice to steal the helmet and body armor from the vault. (The first ult takes 60 seconds, the second and subsequent ones 120 seconds.) There are three vaults in World's Edge, but one recommended location is near THE DOOM and LAVA CITY, because the other two places are more likely to be visited by many enemies.

Another way to do this is to get a vault key from a cargo bot and open the vault. This method is a bit more difficult because it involves luck and you have to play solo or with your friends, otherwise your allies may take your items.

Edit: Usually you can steal two items with loba ult. But if you steal an item from the vault, ult will break. So you need to use loba ult twice. Also, the probability that the helmet and armor are in the vault at the same time is not 100%, so you need to repeat the trials until the two items appear at the same time.

Edited by KENCHILO

On 06/06/2022 at 5:14 AM, Nitro said:

So is this something I should be able to do if I am solo q-ing? Or do I have to have a squad to help me?

I solo q-Ed stumbled on there by accident had no idea what’s going on and still managed to get the trophy that way. So really not hard. The trial itself is just shooting some animals

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I tried this on the PS4 version, when it originally launched, up til lvl like 56-58, and couldn't get em both equipped simultaneously. I got both PS4 and PS5 within a 12 hour period, now level 63 or something. I do think it is a lot easier/more common to get gold drops, especially with all the random bonus stuff laying around (the boxing arena place, various switches that drop loot, creatures carrying loot, etc.). I can say that I was playing a lot of lifeline for most of it, just for the extra care packages, and cleaning up behind team fights, especially if we won them. I was trying to grind out unlocking Loba to try that method, but I got both before then. When I had Loba on my team, I didn't see much gold armor/helmets either, but RNG is a thing that exists. 

I say all this being only decent at the game. I don't know how helpful this info is, but I do know after hours and hours playing previously grinding all the other trophies out while I had some friends to play with, that I was stuck with this one as the last one. After wanting to clear up some high% trophy lists, and the PS5 version, I got them both very quickly in comparison just queueing solo and hoping for good RNG/Lifeline drops. If going for it with Lifeline, (other than people seeming to not be greedy on the loot) most people will let you get dibs, and it also helps if your teammates are a bit away from you in case they are greedy lol...

I tried sort of following the suggestions here, but I wasn't fully aware of how the newer stuff worked, so I did it with RNG and luck.

Edited by Banananaki

• 7 months later...
On 6/4/2022 at 0:41 PM, Mendelson9 said:

Worked like a charm!  After a few tries, I managed to get this trophy!  That’s one off the bucket list!

• 1 month later...
On 4/2/2022 at 6:30 PM, TheSackoBowl said:

Just wanted to say this worked perfectly, I was getting worried about this trophy until I came across this thread and in my first game of control got the trophy by playing as Loba and hiding waiting for care packages. I would recommend this method to anyone still trying to get this trophy ?

Edited by NewAgeOutlaw17