Gaming Addict?

Kuzagi_PT

Do you consider yourself addict to gaming? I do not necessarily mean a serious health problem. Is gaming your "drug"?

Answers :

No - Justify. How many hours do you play per week? Were u addict before?

Yes - Justify and tell us how and when it started. How many hours do u play per week/day?

Edited by BUwUNY

Yes - I make sweet,steamy,sweaty love to my portables during the night, give oral pleasure to my consoles and satisfy my fetishes with a dose of digital PC titles.

After all that, I probe them with my tentacles until I reach compete and total orgasmic pleasure.

Hardcore

Well I'm not an addict, cause you're not an addict if you can stop playing for a month or two and not suffering because of it, but I love playing games A LOT lol I have a lot of stuff to do during the year, for example, I'm currently studying so I can't play games till February 13th. Having said that, the meaning gaming has to me is quite special ^^ I grew up playing and it's given me all sorts of values and taught me lots of lessons. It has also broadened my imagination and developed my mental capacity. Gaming is something really good, and as ARKphoenix rightly said, an addiction to it is better than one to drugs or alcohol. :)

• Like 2

Addict is such a strong word. However, the closest I came to being an 'addict' was when a mate got me into a particular MMO when I was a kid. We were playing well into the night and only snatching a few hours sleep a day. Went on for a few months before I realised how daft I was being. I don't touch MMO's now, for me their just a massive time-sink. Haven't had that problem with other games though, I can't play for more than a couple of hours without getting restless.

To be honest I do think I have a problem. The first time I played a game I was addicted this was away back in the mid 90s. Although lately I have been taking breaks, like a week for a break I just lay on netflix half the time but I've been gaming everyday for at least 12 hours per day. I really need to cut down.

Well I'm not an addict, cause you're not an addict if you can stop playing for a month or two and not suffering because of it, but I love playing games A LOT lol I have a lot of stuff to do during the year, for example, I'm currently studying so I can't play games till February 13th. Having said that, the meaning gaming has to me is quite special ^^ I grew up playing and it's given me all sorts of values and taught me lots of lessons. It has also broadened my imagination and developed my mental capacity. Gaming is something really good, and as ARKphoenix rightly said, an addiction to it is better than one to drugs or alcohol. :)

First of all , good luck in your exam ( i have read a status about it ). Thank you for your answer an i agree with everything u said. Same here.

Yep, totally addicted since forever but i was an xbox fan. Now i'm really happy to be on the good side with my ps4 :D (Just need some more games).

Welcome to the club (;

To be honest I do think I have a problem. The first time I played a game I was addicted this was away back in the mid 90s. Although lately I have been taking breaks, like a week for a break I just lay on netflix half the time but I've been gaming everyday for at least 12 hours per day. I really need to cut down.

Thank you for your reply , admiting that we have a problem is never easy. Gaming is good but will create problems in your life if you abuse of your time spent with a controler in your hands. The best of luck for you mate , had the same problem here.

I can go without games, but as ARKphoenix said, I would rather be addicted to gaming than drugs and/or alcohol. (Would also rather be addicted to anime and manga)

Hihi , i was addicted to anime 3 or 4 years ago (: still watch some when ive got the time

A bit, when I find a game I like enough, there's no getting me off it.  I wouldn't really class myself as an addict though, an addict to me is someone who loses sleep and so on over it.

Hi taka (: what was the last and first game that made u feel like " theres no getting me off" ?

Edited by BUwUNY
  • Like 2

Yes and no for example like now I been in Thailand since October and I haven't played any consoles (not counting handheld <.<) and I thought I wasn't missing it at all, but then I recently visited the Sony store and the ps4 was on display and I played until the staff had to ask me to stop so other customers could play and I was playing Fifa of all games but I didn't really care. At home I play around 25 hours a week so dunno thats how compared to people here. 

p.s. I am coming back again today Sony store.

• Like 1

Humm...Oh yes I'm addicted to it...I just cant stay too much time without playing it...one day is ok but more than 1 day and I'm already on abstinence crysis...lol seriously I feel weird.This started when I bought my PS3....back on PS1 and PS2 it wasn't like that....I used to play a lot too,go after 100% and everything but sometimes I would do other things too...but I didn't had schedules and I didn't spend all my free time playing it.

Well now I play every single day...I start at 7pm when I come home from work and I stop only at 3am...from monday to friday...on saturday I play the whole day from 2pm to 3am and on sunday I take a 5 hours break to do something with ma family,like watching a movie.I got schedules...and if I dont follow them..I usually get pissed...specially when I ain't doing shit that is important to me.

Could say I play 60 hours per week,its good but since I can never clean my backlog...Its not time enough.

An addict would be someone who puts something over say work or school.

If you maintain a regular life, IE go to work, take care of things that need to be taken care of and socialize then you don't really have a problem. You may play it a lot, but if you take care of stuff and be a proper human being then I don't see it as a problem.

Granted I still need to get certain things done myself. So maybe I do have a slight problem. :how2shotweb:

• Like 2

Hi taka (: what was the last and first game that made u feel like " theres no getting me off" ?

First: SoulCalibur II (PS2)

Last: Final Fantasy XIV (PS3).. MMOs are always a problem for everyone, especially good ones that don't get boring.  I'm playing GW2 at the moment, I just don't feel as pressured into playing that though as there is no fee.  The ones with the fee make you want to put in a few hours into it each day.

I wouldn't even say I was addicted to these though.. still got my normal sleep, did well in school (back when SCII was out, I was still going to school), still had all my meals in a day (although I do eat a lot less than what most people do), still kept tidy and clean, walked/feed/played with the dog.

An addict to me is someone who forgets about all that stuff.  I just put in more hours than normal into those games and probably did avoid social activities over them.. (although I do that anyways!).

Edited by TakahashiDemon
  • Like 1

"Yes" and No

"Yes"...I have a habit of buying more games than I have/give time to play. My backlog (retail and digital) is ridiculously large but it's just so hard to say "no" on a good deal for a game that I know I eventually want to play.

No...I make sure that I don't prioritize this hobby over things that are most important to me in life, i.e. my faith, my marriage, my friendships, and all of my free time. Plus, I'm not really all that into Platinuming/100%ing every game that I play. I can easily just playthrough most games once and limit my trophy hunt to just that.

Yes I probably am a gaming addict. I'd rather be addicted to gaming than to drugs and alcohol. :)

Sure about that? Having a serious addiction to anything can be just as destructive...

Edited by merciful84
  • Like 1