Ugh! No Deaths Bullshit Again!

MrTacoNinja

It was really annoying in the first game and took sooo much away from the enjoyment factor. I was really hoping they wouldn't bring this damn trophy back but they did. Why make a trophy like this for a game like Moss? It doesn't belong!

• Like 1

Never ever liked no death runs. I mean, it's fine in some arcade game that takes 30 minutes but a 6 hour long game that likely gets harder towards the end of the game? No thanks. You are forced to replay 5 hours of easy game to get to the point where you were struggling. That's something that can ruin a game for me. Luckily I'm not that hardcore about trophies so I'll just enjoy this game without earning the plat. 

• Like 1

I agree that it is annoying, and annoying to have on a multi hour game. Hopefully we can exploit it like the first game with cloud saves and quitting if you die OR reloading the cloud save if you did not quit in time.

Edit: I don't think the trophy is for completing the WHOLE game without dying. In the first game, it was a gold trophy 

"Protector of the Realm
Rescue Argus without a single death."

It's only a bronze in Moss II, and I don't think it is the whole game, but only a certain section. It's also got completion percentage on PSN (could be illegitimate though):

"With Friends Like These
Journey with Sahima without a single death."

Edited by MikeCheck--
  • Like 2

Imagine being so angry over a deathless run trophy (easy even to prevent the death) and make it as a thread.

I had to issue with the original deathless trophy at all. It was easy to prevent the death by pausing and closing the game before the screen goes black.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 3

I’m in the part where I’m playing Sahima, a sort of chinchilla. No spoilers here, but I believe you only have to play the story as her until you play Quill again, without a single death. This means you don’t have to play through the whole game without dying.

Once again, if you die playing Sahima, quickly pause and close the game to not count the death.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 1

Alright, I’m having the first and main danger so far: The ice floor. I can’t figure out a way to go through without breaking it and die drowning.

EDIT: Nevermind. Once I had to move an obstacle first to pass through the icing lake. Remember to do that BEFORE you walk through.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

It's only a bronze in Moss II, and I don't think it is the whole game, but only a certain section. It's also got completion percentage on PSN (could be illegitimate though):

"With Friends Like These
Journey with Sahima without a single death."

I have exactly the same impression :] Can't wait to play it :]

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

Imagine being so angry over a deathless run trophy (easy even to prevent the death) and make it as a thread.

Yeah, imagine that. And oh yes indeed, I'm filled with sooo much anger! I'm frothing out the mouth due to all this anger! All sarcasm aside, no clue at all how you interpreted my title and post as me being "so angry"? Aaaaand I made a thread about it. Your point? I'll make one hundred threads about it if I want to.

God forbid someone makes a thread about something they find annoying, I guess? Did I find it difficult to prevent a death? No. But it was still annoying (most others in this thread AGREE with that assessment, by the way) and it killed some of the enjoyment for me. I'm curious, did you post just to run your mouth at me or what dude? 

5 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

I had to issue with the original deathless trophy at all. 

Either did I but it was still annoying. 

6 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

It's only a bronze in Moss II, and I don't think it is the whole game, but only a certain section. 

I hope you're right amigo because trophies like this (and speedrun trophies) suck. It's hard to enjoy a game when shit like that is always at the forefront of my mind, having to be quick, having to be super cautious, etc. It's a buzzkill for me. I'm sure there are plenty of people that drool out the mouth and cum all over themselves for trophies like that but I've never been a fan of them and never will be. 

6 hours ago, Sebask81 said:

I succeeded in Moss 1, Pixel Ripped 1995 and Fracked so it's not a problem for me

Moss was a FANTASTIC game and I loved every bit of it. Moss and Astro Bot are, hands down, my favorite games of all time (except for those infuriating challenges in Astro Bot). I haven't tried Pixel Ripped, likely never will. And Fracked is on my radar and I'll pick it up eventually.

The first game no death trophy wasn’t even that bad. If you just rushed through it on a second or third playthrough you can get through it real fast. I only had trouble near the end with the snake part. But I just backed up my save right at that section in case something went wrong. But I didn’t even need to use it. Got through it on first try when going for no death. But I do not like no death trophies in general. Especially in a vr game, I don’t think they belong. 

Edited by rockhopper78

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2022 at 3:56 PM, MrBeens said:

Apparently only dying in combat counts as well, or something is glitched, because I got this trophy my first run through and I fell through the ice into the water several times.

I can attest that it only counts deaths in combat, as I died in the water multiple times, yet still got the trophy.

• Like 2

On 5/1/2022 at 5:22 PM, Orenn16 said:

You started a new profile for your completion percentage didn’t you?

This has been my profile since 2008. I've never changed my screen name. What fucking drugs are you on? And what does it even have to do with the topic? Piss off troll.

Edited by MrTacoNinja

• 1 month later...
On 4/11/2022 at 1:56 PM, MrBeens said:

Apparently only dying in combat counts as well, or something is glitched, because I got this trophy my first run through and I fell through the ice into the water several times.

They either patched it or mine was glitched, since I only died by falling through the ice (never in combat) and the trophy didn't pop for me.

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know whether for that no-death thing, you can just do the Chapter Select to restart the You're Not Welcome chapter in the mountains, and play through, versus needing to start a fresh save?

I know for Moss 1, you had to start a fresh save and play the full game with no deaths.  (And I noped right out of that.  Way too time-consuming.)  If I can just chapter-select and do the one chapter, that seems reasonably do-able.

On 7/8/2023 at 10:19 PM, AurosSymtheos said:

Does anyone know whether for that no-death thing, you can just do the Chapter Select to restart the You're Not Welcome chapter in the mountains, and play through, versus needing to start a fresh save?

I know for Moss 1, you had to start a fresh save and play the full game with no deaths.  (And I noped right out of that.  Way too time-consuming.)  If I can just chapter-select and do the one chapter, that seems reasonably do-able.

You don't need to restart anything. Just beat the game, reopen the save, and you will be able to select any chapter again to complete anything you missed during the playthrough. There are 2 chapters with Sahima: the one in the snow and the one that comes after with the mines. To get the trophy in the first playthrough (or as early as possible), you would have to go with no deaths during the snow and the beginning of the mines, and it is your first time seeing those areas, so that is unlikely. But if you just go with chapter select after beating the game, you can choose the mines (chapter after the snow part) and do that final part with Sahima without failures, and that's it. It is FAR easier to do it like that. Obviously, that's why this "no deaths" trophy is easy, in comparison with the one in Moss 1. You don't even have to start from the snow area, you can just select the chapter after that (where you still play as Sahima for another 15 minutes) and that works.

• Like 1