Ys 8 PS5 Version

DEI2EK

Wow. :o Unsure how valuable this could be, since IMO most PS5 owners with any interest in Ys VIII would've completed it elsewhere already, but generally more Ys/Falcom exposure is good so, as long as NISA didn't divert excessive resources amidst all the Kiseki projects into this, bring it on.

Edited by Zas
I cannot type worth a damn

Nice. It will have all the DLC included with no need for an extra purchase. This could be of interest for anyone who missed the PS4 LE. Could they be using Durante's PC version codebase for the PS5 one? Hopefully they shoot the max on graphics settings... PS5 should be able to do 8K internal resolution and unlimited draw distance. I'd like to see the official HQ texture pack added to this. It does lengthen your load times on a HDD, but with the PS5's SSD there shouldn't be a problem.

It might be interesting to add the co-op mode from the PC one, to give it an exclusive feature over PS4. Player controlled characters don't get computer assistance, so your partner will take the same 100% damage as you, and their skills will also cost SP.

I wonder if the trophy list is shared between PS4 and PS5 (like Celceta on Vita/PS4 and Cold Steel on Vita/PS3/PS4) or if you get a chance to double dip.

• Like 2

On 2022-04-02 at 6:06 AM, RadiantFlamberge said:

I wonder if the trophy list is shared between PS4 and PS5 (like Celceta on Vita/PS4 and Cold Steel on Vita/PS3/PS4) or if you get a chance to double dip.

This is a native ps5 version, so it will have its own list

• 7 months later...

https://nisamerica.com/blog/ys-viii-ps5-gameplay-and-costume-dlc-included

First real details on what's improved have been shared by NISA.

Better quality textures, improved shadows, increased draw distance, both 4K 60fps and 1080p 120fps options, improved load times, mouse and keyboard support, and all previous costumes and cosmetics, including previously Japan exclusive costumes.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

Sounds like a port of the PC version by PH3 Games and Durante. The extra graphics features ring a bell with me, and the PC version does have a HQ texture pack. I just found a 4K60 video of PS5 gameplay on YouTube.

So it's not a free ps5 upgrade? I almost bought the ps4 version on sale but if this is the definitive version, then I gotta play that one 

38 minutes ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

Sorry, you won't be able to transfer your PS4 save data. This could mean the PS5 version has its own trophy list.

TIL that this version was made by Engine Software, who assisted PH3 Games on their PC port of Ys IX.

PS5 does have it's own list, and It's the same as the original Vita / PS4 list.

Engine Soft also worked on the Switch ports of TOCSIV and Ys IX, iirc.

• Like 1

Looks pretty much the same as the ps4 version, i played the ps4 version on ps5 thanks to ps plus and the game already is 4k 60fps, I'm still tempted to buy it for collection since i liked so much.

Edit: ps4 runs at 1800p so it's a small improvement, it will be difficult to notice honestly.

Edited by Gerardus94

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/11/2022 at 8:34 AM, regislc30 said:

Someone noticed any difference on loading times between PS4 and PS5 versions?

This is my first time playing the game so I can't compare to PS4, but the loading is lightning fast. 1-2 seconds max on loading screens and I have the tips option on which the game says increases load times. One thing I will say is that the game has been pretty prone to crashing. I'm at the end of chapter 6 on my first playthrough and I've had at least 10 full crashes to home menu so far. Not a big deal due to the liberal auto-save feature, but still annoying.

1 hour ago, communistwookiee said:

Interesting. About half way through chapter 6, 49 hours in, and have had no crashes.

Huh, I wonder what's causing it then. I've noticed they mostly (but not all) have been happening when I'm in the menus after playing for a few hours straight. I'm playing the NA physical copy.

18 hours ago, KHfanboy12 said:

Huh, I wonder what's causing it then. I've noticed they mostly (but not all) have been happening when I'm in the menus after playing for a few hours straight. I'm playing the NA physical copy.

Also NA physical, launch day console. Do you leave the game open when you put the console in rest mode? I tend to close the app when I'm done playing.

• 4 months later...
On 12/17/2022 at 6:17 PM, KHfanboy12 said:

This is my first time playing the game so I can't compare to PS4, but the loading is lightning fast. 1-2 seconds max on loading screens and I have the tips option on which the game says increases load times. One thing I will say is that the game has been pretty prone to crashing. I'm at the end of chapter 6 on my first playthrough and I've had at least 10 full crashes to home menu so far. Not a big deal due to the liberal auto-save feature, but still annoying.

They want full money for an un upgrade and it still crashes like shit. Great.

• 3 weeks later...

The HQ textures don't increase the load times, thanks to the PS5's use of SSD. They will on the PC version if you play from HDD. I played the NA PS5 digital one to the platinum, first on Hard then on Nightmare NG+. It never crashed for me once. I've always turned my PS5 off rather than using the rest mode.