Explorer Trophy Tips

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks @Chaos_Bladez, your thread helped me a lot to understand how to tackle this trophy by using the glitch. I am currently at 600 miles and I have tried some things myself, so I would like to give my input to also help others in the future that want to get this achievement.

The car I used was the Ascot Bailey (I had one in the garage, don't know why, probably place it there at some point in the game), it's one of the fastest and lighter cars in the game, and it has worked quite well for me in this challenge.

As Chaos said, it's important to save from time to time. I always do it by switching subtitles on to off, or vice versa. I also suffered from crashes when doing this, specially after leaving the game run during the night. I wake up after 8 hours or so, go to save, but the game goes down before I manage to do so. 2 nights in a row already, so I have lost around 500 miles total because of this. Could have the 1000 done already at this point 😭

Another test that I did yesterday was the position of the car when falling. This is very important! For 1 hour I had the car falling horizontally (not accelerating), this is not good as only gave me 14 miles, going from a total of 335 to 349. Then I saved and quitted, when back to it, and tried to have the car falling exactly vertically (not accelerating, again). Took a bit of luck to have it like that but I managed. 1 hour passed and it went from 349 to 383 miles, so a total of 34 miles in 1 hour. Then I tried the same while accelerating, robbed a hair elastic from my gf, stuck it on R2 and let it go, but the car changed is position a bit, instead of being falling at a 90 degree angle it was something like 70 degrees. Like the slash character shape ( \ ). I did another hour like this and went from 383 miles to 412, so 29 miles in total. Then I removed the hair elastic and let the car go without accelerating for 1 more hour in the same \ position. It went from 412 to 439 miles, 27 miles in total. Meaning that acceleration really helps but having the car like this ( | ) really helps more. If you can do both, probably even better but I didn't test that.

At the time I am writing this text, I am currently with 606 miles done and doing an average of 34 miles in 1 hour, not accelerating, and vertically falling.

I hope my opinion also help those crazy ones going for this achievement! 🫡

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2023 at 3:45 AM, Ferro_DG said:

Thanks @Chaos_Bladez, your thread helped me a lot to understand how to tackle this trophy by using the glitch. I am currently at 600 miles and I have tried some things myself, so I would like to give my input to also help others in the future that want to get this achievement.

The car I used was the Ascot Bailey (I had one in the garage, don't know why, probably place it there at some point in the game), it's one of the fastest and lighter cars in the game, and it has worked quite well for me in this challenge.

As Chaos said, it's important to save from time to time. I always do it by switching subtitles on to off, or vice versa. I also suffered from crashes when doing this, specially after leaving the game run during the night. I wake up after 8 hours or so, go to save, but the game goes down before I manage to do so. 2 nights in a row already, so I have lost around 500 miles total because of this. Could have the 1000 done already at this point 😭

Another test that I did yesterday was the position of the car when falling. This is very important! For 1 hour I had the car falling horizontally (not accelerating), this is not good as only gave me 14 miles, going from a total of 335 to 349. Then I saved and quitted, when back to it, and tried to have the car falling exactly vertically (not accelerating, again). Took a bit of luck to have it like that but I managed. 1 hour passed and it went from 349 to 383 miles, so a total of 34 miles in 1 hour. Then I tried the same while accelerating, robbed a hair elastic from my gf, stuck it on R2 and let it go, but the car changed is position a bit, instead of being falling at a 90 degree angle it was something like 70 degrees. Like the slash character shape ( \ ). I did another hour like this and went from 383 miles to 412, so 29 miles in total. Then I removed the hair elastic and let the car go without accelerating for 1 more hour in the same \ position. It went from 412 to 439 miles, 27 miles in total. Meaning that acceleration really helps but having the car like this ( | ) really helps more. If you can do both, probably even better but I didn't test that.

At the time I am writing this text, I am currently with 606 miles done and doing an average of 34 miles in 1 hour, not accelerating, and vertically falling.

I hope my opinion also help those crazy ones going for this achievement! 🫡

I am glad I could help. I felt a sort of need to help people in any way I could to spare the world some suffering.

• 3 months later...

Based on my experience it doesn’t matter what car you have or whether you’re accelerating or not, you’ll get about 1 mile every 2 minutes which means you need roughly 2000 minutes or 33 hours to get it done. On PS4 the game doesn’t pause, so as long as you have your console and your controller set to not go to sleep you can just leave the game running with your controller plugged in and you’ll slowly accumulate the needed miles. You don’t need to tape buttons or use elastics, just let it fall and walk away. If you don’t want to tie up your console during the day just have it running while you’re sleeping or at work, and change one of the game options from time to time to save your progress. I didn’t have any issues with the game crashing so I just left my console running continuously until it was done.

The trophy didn’t unlock when the car hit 1000 miles while falling, but after restarting the game it unlocked as soon as I entered a car so you may need to do that first. I’ll take the hands-off approach over doing this manually any day of the week no matter how long it takes, trophies like this are a ridiculous waste of time otherwise.