Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores - DLC?

Does anyone know if they have mentioned or decided to add any DLC? I enjoyed the game and I am continuing to play with attempts to 100%. Curious to know if DLC or expansions are coming.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 1

Honestly, I hope we get a good expansion or two. I'd love if FW got a proper season pass treatment. Frozen Wilds was great, but the game could easily have gotten a few DLCs more without it feeling old.

We can probably expect it to get at least one DLC though, since HZD did. It's not exactly common for Sony exclusives to get expansions, but there's precedent in this case.

Edited by Darling Baphomet
  • Like 4

On 01/04/2022 at 9:15 AM, pavelbagirov said:

Masterpiece?) 7/10 is max score for this game. Story was not good, have bad ending and overall feel like very big dlc to the first game. 

I was also a bit disappointed. I would give it a 7.5/10 probably. I actually liked the story quite a bit, and the graphics are unreal. However, much like the first game, I find Horizon is a bit of a 'jack of all trades, master of none'. In fact, whereas I felt Zero Dawn had no fatal flaws, I think Forbidden West does - its controls. I felt the combat and traversal was actually pretty weak and the greater focus on combos sort of sucked. I don't remember having that same feeling with Zero Dawn, but I thought traversal was borderline bad and combat was pretty flawed in certain spots (dodging counters, speed vs. AI speed, etc.) Also did not enjoy the mission structure itself typically, felt a bit bloated - even if I enjoyed the narrative interspersed between. Game definitely is still good, but  it currently is at 89 on OpenCritic and it isn't close to being that good IMO. I also have a bit of a moral issue with games charging £69.99, I don't think its defendable at this point in game development. 

Inevitably this game will get a major expansion DLC and NG+. NG+ could be harder this time around without an equivalent to the Shieldweaver Armor, but we'll see. 

On 01/04/2022 at 9:08 AM, steel6burgh said:

Horizon is a typical big open world adventure a step above a Ubisoft title and a 100 steps below Elden Ring.

I did actually quite like the Horizon Forbidden West open world, but in general, I agree with Elden Ring.

I feel Elden Ring is going to fundamentally change how games develop open world structures, or at least it should. It's something to have a varied, sprawling open world with plenty of things to do, but Elden Ring puts places to explore in every nook and cranny on top of its sheer scale. It's both big and deep, it's insane what they achieved. This is coming from a complete new-comer to the FromSoftware style of game. The evergaols, cave and catacombs may have similar structures but within each has enough diversity where they don't get repetitive. After 70 hours I'm still finding brand new things and genuinely not knowing there was somewhere just a few meters from an area I thought I'd already explored. The game gently directs you on where to go without demanding you do a whole checklist of things to do to inflate your time in each spot, and truly gives you freedom without it being a marketing gimmick. It's not perfect, but its handling of open world design - much like Hyrule in BOTW - should be the standard. 

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 1

Nothing formal announced yet to my knowledge, but I'm hoping that note you find from Gildun (the Oseram from the Dam quest in Frozen Wilds) mentioning the "Burning Shores" to the south means we'll be getting DLC set in Mexico.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, notandrebraun said:

The New Game+ downloadable content has been added to Horizon: Forbidden West.

Completed New Game+

:bronze: Bronze

Completed a New Game+ playthrough on any difficulty.

Completed Ultra Hard

Completed a new or New Game+ playthrough on Ultra Hard difficulty.

Obtained All New Game+ Rewards

Obtained all New Game+ weapons, dyes, and face paints.

Well, here we go again. Will get prepared for it. Thanks

• Like 4

1 hour ago, notandrebraun said:

Completed Ultra Hard

Completed a new or New Game+ playthrough on Ultra Hard difficulty.

? And no shield wiaver.  Oh well, at least it'll give me something to do. 

Edit:

Performance is beautiful now ? and the transmog works like a dream!!

Edited by Fr_0zt
  • Like 2