Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores - DLC?

3 minutes ago, DragonSpear2462 said:

Wait, so for those of us that didn't finish the game yet, we can simply put it on Ultra Hard for the final boss fight?! O-o

New Game + ultra hard for the trophy. Tracking from the start to the end of your playthrough. Changing it during your current playthrough, should not award It i belive

Edited by rasklo93

8 minutes ago, rasklo93 said:

New Game + ultra hard for the trophy. Tracking from the start to the end of your playthrough. Changing it during your current playthrough, should not award It i belive

Description says that it can be done on the first playthrough: "Completed a new or New Game+ playthrough on Ultra Hard difficulty.", but ya I think the original game gave you a warning for changing difficulty. Don't remember.

But hey, there's a trophy for completing the game in NG+, so you still have to do another playthrough anyway =P

Ultra hard is actually going to be a bit tough in this one since the dodge is significantly less effective than it was in the first one and you don't really have any OP gear like the shield weaver outfit to lean on. 

Didn't enjoy the game to begin with, definitely not looking forward to this but knew a NG+ was coming eventually. Every Sony exclusive does it now like clockwork. 

At least there's not much gameplay in this game and can probably speedrun the story in like 6 hours or so. Zero Dawn took me only 8 hours to get through on ultra hard and I know Forbidden West has to be shorter than even that. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, rasklo93 said:

These NG+ trophies wont be that hard. Like 8-9 missions ya have to do.

I wonder if the new weapons will be linked to side missions. Making you also have to do some of those as well.

I played through the entire game originally on Hard because the game is boringly easy with 0 threat on anything lesser so I'm not expecting ultra hard NG+ to be too bad.

Edit: also since the PS5 version has tracking, you can see there are 17 "weapons, dyes, and facepaints" that it wants you to get for the obtain all NG+ rewards trophy.

Edited by JunkSkelington
  • Like 1

Damn, just as I was finished with this game...

Guess it's time to grind out getting all the components for upgrading all my weapons and armor before attempting ultra hard...

Feel like this is going to be a pain. No Shieldweaver or Banuk weapons to use as a crutch this time. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JunkSkelington said:

I played through the entire game originally on Hard because the game is boringly easy with 0 threat on anything lesser so I'm not expecting ultra hard NG+ to be too bad.

Edit: also since the PS5 version has tracking, you can see there are 17 "weapons, dyes, and facepaints" that it wants you to get for the obtain all NG+ rewards trophy.

We played vastly different games.

Forbidden West was infinitely harder on Normal than the first game was on Ultra Hard. And it's in large part because they ruined Aloy's ability to have iFrames when she's in her rolling animation, so she takes damage in situations where you're using your only line of defense. Top that off with the fact that enemies were far more aggressive than the first game and had broader attack patterns, I died way too much on Normal. At least this is how it was was at launch...I don't know if updates since I got the Plat fixed any of that. 

Either way, I do NOT look forward to Ultra Hard in this game.

• Like 4

The annoying thing is for people with both the ps4 and ps5 plat you're essentially forced to do ng+ on the ps4 version and then autopop it on PS5. 

I'd love to play through the game again on the ps5 version but I'm not playing through it for a third time for the ps4 version. 

Edited by AIDA_Tri-Edge
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Viper said:

Forbidden West was infinitely harder on Normal than the first game was on Ultra Hard. And it's in large part because they ruined Aloy's ability to have iFrames when she's in her rolling animation, so she takes damage in situations where you're using your only line of defense. Top that off with the fact that enemies were far more aggressive than the first game and had broader attack patterns, I died way too much on Normal. At least this is how it was was at launch...I don't know if updates since I got the Plat fixed any of that. 

Do you try to melee or something? Just get a good hunter bow and tear off components at range. You're really never in danger of dying to anything because you autoheal by tapping up on the d pad with berries. 

Knew this was coming, glad I grinded out those arena points for the good stuff. Didn’t find Ultra Hard too challenging in HZD so this is looking to be much more exciting, can’t wait to give it a go!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

What's the best weapon in the game?

For bows I think the best one is the Death Seeker's Shadow but you still want multiple bows so you can cover the different arrow types to exploit enemy weaknesses. And the Skykiller spike thrower is also really good; I found that, at least on normal, the spike throwers did huge damage and the Skykiller is the best one in the game. I never really bothered with blast slings or tripcasters which was fine on normal but I don't know if that'll hold for ultra hard. It'll be interesting to see if there's even better weapons included as part of the new update.

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Agreed that the combat felt off in FW, but I also don't think it made the game any more challenging than ZD on hard. FW required defensive play while ZD allowed you to be aggressive. I certainly had more fun with ZD over FW combat wise though.

1 hour ago, AIDA_Tri-Edge said:

The annoying thing is for people with both the ps4 and ps5 plat you're essentially forced to do ng+ on the ps4 version and then autopop it on PS5. 

I'd love to play through the game again on the ps5 version but I'm not playing through it for a third time for the ps4 version. 

Same. I'm  glad I waited to play the PS4 version so I can relearn the mechanics on regular difficulty in preparation for new game plus but I will also be doing my new game plus playthrough on the PS4 and then auto popping. Really enjoyed FW but I'm not playing the campaign 4 times.