Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores - DLC?

16 minutes ago, ACowboy848 said:

AG f@@@ HERE WE GO AGAIN. 2nd DLC FOR THE OLD GAME AGAIN. THIS SUCKS. THE GAME FORBITTEN WEST FEELS JUST LIKE A NEW DLC FOR THE OLD GAME FOR ME.

Thats a bloody big bit of dlc then. 

Puts The Witcher 3 to shame. . 

Edited by AIDA_Tri-Edge
  • Like 1

Seems that the new game+ items require a new resource called "Champion's Token" which only comes from completing quests as far as I can tell just having started the NG+ Ultra Hard run.  All the quests I have seem to reward 2 Champion's Tokens.. and the weapon vendor in Chainscrape sells 8 legendary NG+ weapons which cost 10 Champion's Tokens per weapon.  That would be 80 tokens or 40 quest completions.  The trophy tracker says there are 17 items needed.. so if all those other items require 10 tokens then it seems like we'll need to do damn near a 100% playthrough to get all these in NG+

Clever way to increase playtime.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Viper said:

Yes. Yes Junk...I managed to Plat Horizon: Forbidden West by meleeing my way to victory. Obviously I know how to play the game...it doesn't make the combat any less tedious due to it's changes, and you don't have to look far in this thread to see that I'm not the only one who thinks so. Saying there's ZERO danger on anything lower than hard is just incorrect. 

The fact that you have to heal so much is part of the problem. Healing should be something you need in dire situations...not the crutch you need to lean on because the combat was ruined by one simple thing being taken away. Don't get me wrong, I loved the game otherwise...but the combat was my biggest complaint my entire playthrough. 

I agree i thought the combat was a clunky mess myself.  I think all the enemies just thrash and whip around and it makes most shots on components more matter of luck than skill and that makes the combat feel like shit. constantly getting knocked down just feels horrible.  Personally I hate this type of ng plus where you gotta go play the entire game again for just a few trophies.  I would much prefer to just play the game on hard to begin with and only have to play it once. People will argue it's fee dlc but it's really not.  they are just letting you play through the game again which you could do anyway.  I don't know if I thought it was harder on normal but I can see where it may be harder than the 1st on very hard just because of how clunky they made it.  This game really failed to live up to my expectations and i think it shows how much things change in just 4 years that this game no longer feels that special as the 1st one did.   I'm gonna give it another play but really not looking forward to it but can't complain too much because i knew it was coming before I played the game. sometime playing a game on a harder difficulty makes it more interesting and fun like kenya bridge of spirits for instance.  So hoping that is the case with this.

Ultra Hard wasn't too bad from what I remember when playing Zero Dawn as long as you have the best weapons and gear, and you can basically just speed run through the main missions and ignore everything else.

1 hour ago, Throw7 said:

- 8 weapons for 10 Champion's Token each

- 5 face paint for 5 Champion's Token each

- 4 dye for 5 Champion's Token each

125 Champion's Tokens are needed. Most quests grant 2 each so 63 quests will be needed unless you can get them through some other means or you get a bunch when finishing NG+ for the first time.

This is just terrible. I haven't really enjoyed the game at all, aside from the story.  I could have probably force myself to speedrun main story, but this is just beyond me. You can probably change the difficulty after getting the trophy and then do a clean-up on story difficulty. But I would rather play something I enjoy. 

1 minute ago, Akrioz said:

This is just terrible. I haven't really enjoyed the game at all, aside from the story.  I could have probably force myself to speedrun main story, but this is just beyond me. You can probably change the difficulty after getting the trophy and then do a clean-up on story difficulty. But I would rather play something I enjoy. 

I was also hoping to drop it to easy to do cleanup too but you can't lower the difficulty once you choose ultra hard. So, you're either stuck doing 63 quests on ultra hard or you speedrun ultra hard and then do yet another NG+ on easy to speedrun 63 quests.

My hope is that once you complete NG+ the game allows NG++. If such a thing is possible, AND your existing tokens carry over, AND you can lower the difficulty between NG+ and NG++, then this will be a bit less annoying. I doubt this will work though. It seems almost purposely designed to be as inconvenient as possible.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Throw7 said:

I was also hoping to drop it to easy to do cleanup too but you can't lower the difficulty once you choose ultra hard. So, you're either stuck doing 63 quests on ultra hard or you speedrun ultra hard and then do yet another NG+ on easy to speedrun 63 quests.

My hope is that once you complete NG+ the game allows NG++. If such a thing is possible, AND your existing tokens carry over, AND you can lower the difficulty between NG+ and NG++, then this will be a bit less annoying. I doubt this will work though. It seems almost purposely designed to be as inconvenient as possible.

You can change the difficulty when the game is completed.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, notandrebraun said:

You can change the difficulty when the game is completed.

That's great to know, thank you! Will make this considerably less of a grind being that most quests can be breezed through much more quickly on easy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Throw7 said:

That's great to know, thank you! Will make this considerably less of a grind being that most quests can be breezed through much more quickly on easy.

You're welcome! In theory, you can complete the seventeen main quests on ultra hard difficulty and then change the difficulty to story while completing the remaining amount of quests.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ShadowReplicant said:

They should've added a trophy for completing the arena on Ultra Hard. *trollface*

That would be awesome actually as I enjoyed the arena and its rewards but there would be so may complaints lol

1 hour ago, HusKy said:

Apparently Sunwing override is locked until you reach the mountain base? Damn. ?

Really? haha new game plus my ass

4 hours ago, Throw7 said:

- 8 weapons for 10 Champion's Token each

- 5 face paint for 5 Champion's Token each

- 4 dye for 5 Champion's Token each

125 Champion's Tokens are needed. Most quests grant 2 each so 63 quests will be needed unless you can get them through some other means or you get a bunch when finishing NG+ for the first time.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time with the game but having already spent 100+ hours going for nearly 100% completion my first time through, this is just obnoxious. Hopefully there's some way to speed up this process.

Thanks!

You also get them by doing the outposts, tall necks, etc too.  So it doesn't seem like it'll be as bad as we thought. 

Already pass the first time we meet Beta and I've only died once (blew myself up with the harpoon ?).  So, should have 100% done within a week TOPS. 

• Like 3

Not wishing to sound dramatic but I'd sooner have Mads Mikkelson perform cock and ball torture on me than play this game again.

Forbidden West bored me to tears and was a huge disappointment for me. I think I'll pass on this one. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Viper said:

Yes. Yes Junk...I managed to Plat Horizon: Forbidden West by meleeing my way to victory. Obviously I know how to play the game...it doesn't make the combat any less tedious due to it's changes, and you don't have to look far in this thread to see that I'm not the only one who thinks so. Saying there's ZERO danger on anything lower than hard is just incorrect. 

The fact that you have to heal so much is part of the problem. Healing should be something you need in dire situations...not the crutch you need to lean on because the combat was ruined by one simple thing being taken away. Don't get me wrong, I loved the game otherwise...but the combat was my biggest complaint my entire playthrough. 

Agreed 1000%. The effectively removed your one defense and force you to go all offense while trying not to get hit without having any way to dodge hits consistently. Peoples advice is to play it more defensively. How are you supposed to do that when you have no real defensive moves? What kind of advice is that? 

They ruined the combat which was the one thing that would have made this game redeemable in some way. I don't know how taking away an option to play the game improves the game any. It just makes it worse. 

3 hours ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

What exactly carries over on NG+?

Skills

Level

Gear

Weapons

Resources

Money

Arena medals

Special gear (like underwater breather, firegleam thingy etc... quests where you need to craft them are still needed to be "crafted" to move on tho)

These are the things I've noticed.

• Like 2