Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores - DLC?

DAMN! I was expecting something similar to the Ultra Hard NG+ on Zero Dawn. Just rushing throught the main quests and done! but this one looks more time consuming. ?

I'll complete it anyway though, just not immediately as I'm busy with other games! ?

You'll have to almost 100% to get all the tokens for the NG+ Rewards and also upgrade your weapons and armor to max because the difficultly spike in Gemini is borderline game breaking so, 

no, thanks.

This was the absolute most boring game of 2022 for me. 

Edited by ARIXANDRE
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, SnizelPS said:

Skills

Level

Gear

Weapons

Resources

Money

Arena medals

Special gear (like underwater breather, firegleam thingy etc... quests where you need to craft them are still needed to be "crafted" to move on tho)

These are the things I've noticed.

Do you think it's worth on your first playthrough before you go into NG+ to try and do everything 100%? When you start NG+ doesn't all the side missions you did before as well as all missions become reset and you have to do them all again? What about stuff like collecting the relics etc, does it all reset?

57 minutes ago, The_Hunter_Fr said:

Hey.

I completed the game on Ultra Hard difficulty.

Now I would like to change the difficulty to easy to do everything else but in the settings I can't find where to change the difficulty. Is it possible to change to Ultra hard mode?

Thank you.

How hard was it? Is it easier than Zero Dawn Ultra Hard?

19 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

À quel point était-ce difficile ? Est-ce plus facile que Zero Dawn Ultra Hard ?

It took me about 5-6 hours, it was harder than HZD personally.

The only moment that bothered me was the final boss. So strong, it can kill you in one shot sometimes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Hunter_Fr said:

It took me about 5-6 hours, it was harder than HZD personally.

The only moment that bothered me was the final boss. So strong, it can kill you in one shot sometimes.

Did you found out if you can change the difficulty lower again after finishing the game?

Would be a fucking shit move if you have to 100% everything on ultra hard

3 hours ago, The_Hunter_Fr said:

Hey.

I completed the game on Ultra Hard difficulty.

Now I would like to change the difficulty to easy to do everything else but in the settings I can't find where to change the difficulty. Is it possible to change to Ultra hard mode?

Thank you.

Congrats.

Right before starting,  it says you won't be able to change your difficulty anymore ( another bad move by Guerrilla).

So, no. You'll have to earn token on ultra hard. 

I guess the only solution would be to start a NG++ on Story mode. 

Edited by ARIXANDRE
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, ARIXANDRE said:

Congrats.

Right before starting,  it says you won't be able to change your difficulty anymore ( another bad move by Guerrilla).

So, no. You'll have to earn token on ultra hard. 

I guess the only solution would be to start a NG++ on Story mode. 

I was scared this bullshit would happen.

I'll stick to speedrunning NG+ ultra hard and take a month break and play other stuff and when the time comes I'll do a ng++ on story difficulty. Can't be bothered to do EVERYTHING on hardmode

Edited by Deluziion90

For now is not harder at all with my equipment 100% run on normal. But one thing anyone have a guide for new weapons etc... hope is not missable on NG+ Ultra hard why i run like crazy and skip everything this time xD who care 100% on this run. I have a normal run with 100% 70 hours and i think i use this for DLC this is only for this new 3 trophies IMHO 

Edited by Neme-ita
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

Do you think it's worth on your first playthrough before you go into NG+ to try and do everything 100%? When you start NG+ doesn't all the side missions you did before as well as all missions become reset and you have to do them all again? What about stuff like collecting the relics etc, does it all reset?

How hard was it? Is it easier than Zero Dawn Ultra Hard?

Everything resets from what I've seen, kinda like in NG+ of Ghost of Tsushima.

So currently, nah. It's not worth to 100% everything before NG+. Just make sure you get very good gear before.

It's way harder than the 1st game on Ultra Hard, you won't feel it's harder until you get to Gemini quest line.

I mean, I've dealt with Brutal in Uncharted games level of stupidity, but this was something else... these robo fuckers just wipe the floor with you, they attack relentlessly and play ping pong with your corpse while Aloy has 5 sec animation of getting up.

In the 1st game you had that armor that blocks damage that could be abused... here you don't and also the more melee focused parts make it harder.

Edited by SnizelPS

3 minutes ago, Neme-ita said:

For now is not harder at all with my equipment 100% run on normal. But one thing anyone have a guide for new weapons etc... hope is not missable on NG+ Ultra hard why i run like crazy and skip everything this time xD who care 100% on this run. I have a normal run with 100% 70 hours and i think i use this for DLC this is only for this new 3 trophies IMHO 

You're missing the point. You need another full 100% on NG+ to get all tokens for all new weapons etc

18 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

I was scared this bullshit would happen.

I'll stick to speedrunning NG+ ultra hard and take a month break and play other stuff and when the time comes I'll do a ng++ on story difficulty. Can't be bothered to do EVERYTHING on hardmode

I don't think you have to 100% on NG+ Ultra Hard. As long as its on NG+ then it's fine so you can do it on a NG+ Story Mode. 

Edited by Cryogenicide_X

I’d make a backup before NG+.  Start NG+ and do Ultra Nightmare.  Revert to the back up and start NG+ on story and do the weapons/paint/ whatever.  Either way it’s a bit of a ballache to expect people to do everything all over again.  I enjoyed the game plenty, but the side quests were dull and I just stopped towards the end to get the game finished.

19 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Where does this info come from?

The information is sourced from the game itself.

"If you choose Ultra Hard you will not be able to change the difficulty or adjust any difficulty settings related to it until you complete the game. Are you ready for the challenge?"

CD9832-AB-4238-429-D-8-B41-82-EC0-AE10-E

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mr_Stkrdknmiblz said:

Well, there you go then.  Speed the main story and drop the difficulty after for the weapons.  

Yeah because trophy for all weapons facepaint etc doesn't say it has to be on NG+ Ultra Hard. 

Edited by Cryogenicide_X

22 hours ago, Viper said:

No thanks. I'll play an actual expansion based story DLC when it comes...but I have too much other shit to play to go back through this again and play everything for 3 Bronze trophies. Amazing game, but it's not worth all that. 

This is what bothers me about modern gaming. We have more games to play than any other time in gaming history, but devs keep trying to make you play their ONE game for an endless amount of time. 

I 100% go with this. I have so many beautiful games on my backlog I have no time and no motivation to replay a story game twice for trophies. Additionally I think this story has no replay value once you've done it so I wait for a story dlc which i gladly play but this. No way. I let go of doing 100% last year ago for any price so i just have to live with this 95% ^^ life goes on.

Edited by DavySuicide
  • Like 2

Times like this make me glad I don't have a 100% profile to protect. ?

I'll get the eventual DLC and try to get all those trophies but I doubt I ever go for these related to NG+.

Edited by Killbomb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

If anyone figures out exactly the requirements to unlock all the facepaints, weapons etc please post it here. 

I read elsewhere it's 125 tokens in total, 80 for the weapons and 45 for everything else basically. It's a goddamn grind and Guerrilla really dropped the ball on these fucking requirements.

• Like 1

For anybody attempting Ultra Hard, make sure you have a VERY good poison and plasma weapons, this has to be the most absurd amount of HP a boss can have.

And if you fuck up one dodge you most likely get one shotted and have to restart all over.

Make sure to utilize the loot boxes around the arena, they seem to constantly respawn healing items and more.

Edit:

And I can confirm you CANNOT change difficulty from Ultra Hard even after you are done with the main quest line, now we need confirmation if existing Champion Tokens carry over to NG++ or not.

Edit 2:

Champion Tokens DO carry over, so we at least have that...

Edited by SnizelPS
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, notandrebraun said:

The information is sourced from the game itself.

"If you choose Ultra Hard you will not be able to change the difficulty or adjust any difficulty settings related to it until you complete the game. Are you ready for the challenge?"

Welp. At least 3 people now confirmed you cannot lower the difficulty after finishing the main quest line.

• Like 2