Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores - DLC?

2 hours ago, SnizelPS said:

And I can confirm you CANNOT change difficulty from Ultra Hard even after you are done with the main quest line, now we need confirmation if existing Champion Tokens carry over to NG++ or not.

So this just means that Ultra Hard NG+ has to remain on it's own seperate save right?

It doesn't have to be on Ultra hard does it in order to unlock all facepaints etc right? Surely it can be done on any difficulty as long as its on NG+.

Edited by Cryogenicide_X

I "THINK" the fastest would be:

Run 1: NG+ Ultra hard + 5/6 tallnecks after getting the bird so you can just fly above them and land on them (tallnecks give 2 tokens each and Skipping the one called landfall because you have to get it unstuck first which is too much hassle imo)

= 40 tokens total

Run 2: NG+ Easy mode + 5 tallnecks

= 80 tokens total

So iirc you need 125 total? That means rush another story playthrough or just cleanup everything on ng++ to reach the amount needed.

What a bitch

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

So this just means that Ultra Hard NG+ has to remain on it's own seperate save right?

It doesn't have to be on Ultra hard does it in order to unlock all facepaints etc right? Surely it can be done on any difficulty as long as its on NG+.

It doesn't HAVE to, but unless you are some special kind of masochist and would like to go through the entire game (not just main quest line) on Ultra Hard, it's recommended.

I'm now on NG++ Story mode and I can still buy Champion Token items from shops, so I guess it can be done on whatever difficulty you want as long as you are on NG+.

Edited by SnizelPS
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HusKy said:

Welp. At least 3 people now confirmed you cannot lower the difficulty after finishing the main quest line.

Unfortunately, I can only provide the information that has been made available to me by either the game or developers. However, I only need to complete two more main quests (to my knowledge) on ultra hard difficulty before also confirming if you can't change the difficulty after completing the game. Although, it might just be an issue with the game that requires an update by Guerrilla Games if the option to change the difficulty from ultra hard isn't available after completing the game.

Edited by notandrebraun

6 minutes ago, notandrebraun said:

Unfortunately, I can only provide the information that has been made available to me by either the game or developers. However, I only need to complete two more main quests (to my knowledge) on ultra hard difficulty before also confirming if you can't change the difficulty after completing the game. Although, it might just be an issue with the game that requires an update by Guerrilla Games if the option to change the difficulty from ultra hard isn't available after completing the game.

They need to change or get rid of the bullshit all facepaints items etc Trophy. 

23 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

Could someone confirm exactly how you get these Tokens that's needed? And what is it you have to buy to get the trophy. I haven't even beaten the game yet for the first time. 

You need to be on NG+ (no matter the difficulty) and you get 2 tokens for each quest completed, that also include Tallnecks and probably Relics and all that stuff.

You need 125 total tokens to buy everything for the trophy.

If you did NG+ Ultra Hard, you can do another NG+ from there in order to get lower difficulty again, Champion Tokens will transfer between NG+ and NG++.

To get the items you go to the normal vendors and they will have the items, I've seen the weapons at Chainscrape (1st city in Forbidden West) and face paints in Plain Song, still seen no armors, they're probably on some other armor seller.

Basically, unless you play your NG+ Ultra Hard to completion (including most side quests), you have to do a 3rd playthrough, to get lower difficulty back and to grind more tokens.

Edited by SnizelPS

Just now, MonaSaxPayne said:

oh fuck no

Aint Nobody Got Time For That GIFs | Tenor

Yeah, haha...

It's not a full 3rd playthrough because you still have your tokens from the NG+ Ultra Hard, but still a pain in the ass...

Not sure why it was done, it's an overkill.

• Like 2

Remember to Max upgrade the weapons and armors you want to use in Ultra Hard BEFORE starting a NG+

I did not and it made the grind unbearably boring so I moved on. 

If I return to this game, it'll be with the inevitable paid story dlc. 

ARIXANDRE.png

An easy, non-completionist platinum became a full-on ultra hard, 100% completion (for tokens) game. 

Well played, Guerrilla. Well, played. ??

35 minutes ago, SnizelPS said:

Basically, unless you play your NG+ Ultra Hard to completion (including most side quests), you have to do a 3rd playthrough, to get lower difficulty back and to grind more tokens.

Can you get 125 Tokens on 1 NG+ playthrough? I was only going to play Ultra Hard NG+ just to get that Ultra Hard Trophy, the items one on a NG+ story mode. 

Edited by Cryogenicide_X

2 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Today 1.16 patch released no clue what it was but I just finished NG+ ultra hard and that patch didn't add an option to lower the difficulty.. -_-

so ng++ it is.

Update 1.16 only fixed a crash that affected save games created before 1.15 where a job was in progress.

5 minutes ago, notandrebraun said:

Update 1.16 only fixed a crash that affected save games created before 1.15 where a job was in progress.

What a shame. Oh well took me 1 full night of blasting and some extra hours today to finish NG+ on UH. So another speedrun on story. It's not too bad time wise but it's a bullshit decision by the devs for sure.

• Like 1

Just finished the NG+ Ultra playthrough and yup, no way of lowering diff. ? I'll start NG++ later tonight.  

The final boss was a pain in the D hole, explosives (specially acid) will be your best friends here.  

My equipment was: (all Max) 

Seeker hunter bow

Firestorm Warrior bow

The skykiller

Carja stalker elite 

Not the best and don't recommend going with these weapons, aside from the harpoon but it's what I liked using before. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

Can you get 125 Tokens on 1 NG+ playthrough? I was only going to play Ultra Hard NG+ just to get that Ultra Hard Trophy, the items one on a NG+ story mode. 

You can, but that means you'll have to go through most of the game content (in addition to the main quest line) on Ultra Hard on your NG+.

If you can stomach Ultra Hard on NG+, you can do it in 1 NG+.

1 hour ago, Fr_0zt said:

Just finished the NG+ Ultra playthrough and yup, no way of lowering diff. ? I'll start NG++ later tonight.  

The final boss was a pain in the D hole, explosives (specially acid) will be your best friends here.  

My equipment was: (all Max) 

Seeker hunter bow

Firestorm Warrior bow

The skykiller

Carja stalker elite 

Not the best and don't recommend going with these weapons, aside from the harpoon but it's what I liked using before. 

Yikes.

Edited by notandrebraun
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, SnizelPS said:

You can, but that means you'll have to go through most of the game content (in addition to the main quest line) on Ultra Hard on your NG+.

If you can stomach Ultra Hard on NG+, you can do it in 1 NG+.

Why not all on NG+ Story Mode difficulty? Does It have to be Ultra Hard?

Edited by Cryogenicide_X

19 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

Why not all on NG+ Story Mode difficulty? Does It have to be Ultra Hard?

For new players that haven't done anything, they can do NG on Ultra Hard (which is a terrible idea in my opinion) and NG+ on story. so it comes to 2 playthroughs.

But if you already started...

hello everyone I have 100% of all my games so I have to go through this.

For those who played on ultra hard

Upgrading legendary weapons and legendary armor has very rare and complex material costs.

Have you passed it with this weaponry to level 1?

or you have farmed to raise these to a higher level.

Thank you

17 minutes ago, SnizelPS said:

For new players that haven't done anything, they can do NG on Ultra Hard (which is a terrible idea in my opinion) and NG+ on story. so it comes to 2 playthroughs.

But if you already started...

At the moment I'm playing the game for first time on story difficulty. I was then after that going to do Ultra Hard on NG+ but just speedrun the main quests to beat it. Then NG+ Story difficulty but getting 100% this time to get those items. 

15 minutes ago, MANU1950 said:

hello everyone I have 100% of all my games so I have to go through this.

For those who played on ultra hard

Upgrading legendary weapons and legendary armor has very rare and complex material costs.

Have you passed it with this weaponry to level 1?

or you have farmed to raise these to a higher level.

Thank you

I completed Ultra hard NG+ with pretty mediocre gear, I had Rare Shadow Carja armor max level, Legendary Death Seeker's Shadow bow level 1, Legendary  The Sun Scourge bow level 1 and Icestorm Boltblaster level 2.

The only thing I did before going to NG+ Ultra Hard was to buy the Legendary Death Seeker's Shadow bow.

So you don't need to have the absolute best gear, but it's probably better if you at least max your weapons, especially for the final boss HP pool... it's crazy.

Get good poison and plasma weapons. 

Edited by SnizelPS
  • Like 2