Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores - DLC?

24 minutes ago, MANU1950 said:

hello everyone I have 100% of all my games so I have to go through this.

For those who played on ultra hard

Upgrading legendary weapons and legendary armor has very rare and complex material costs.

Have you passed it with this weaponry to level 1?

or you have farmed to raise these to a higher level.

Thank you

If you change difficulty to story you don't have to tear off components from machines to get materials like Tremortusk tusks or Tideripper tail fins so it becomes much to easier to farm the materials needed to upgrade legendary gear.

Edited by Janire1911
  • Like 1

On 4/1/2022 at 2:34 AM, Crispy_Oglop said:

I'm pretty sure it will, the way it ended and some of the loose ends definitely at least feel like there is more on the way. Make of this what you will, but the VSC seem to have indirectly confirmed it in their rating breakdown for the game.

Yeah that’ll be a third game. They won’t tie up the loose ends in a DLC or they just would have included it in the main game. The DLC will likely be similar to the Frozen Wilds for HZD, if they do any.

There's definitely going to be a third game...I'm pretty sure Guerilla Games themselves said they were getting to work on the next one as soon as this came out when they mentioned something about breaking the team up to work on Horizon 3 and another IP (possibly Killzone 5?). I'm expecting to go into Space in the third game. 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

Just now, Viper said:

There's definitely going to be a third game...I'm pretty sure Guerilla Games themselves said they were getting to work on the next one as soon as this came out. I'm expecting to go into Space in the third game. 

Imagine the 3rd game in Unreal Engine 5 ?

3 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

5/6 tallnecks after getting the bird so you can just fly above them and land on them (tallnecks give 2 tokens each and Skipping the one called landfall because you have to get it unstuck first which is too much hassle imo)

This is a very good point worth looking into. That's 10 tokens that are super easy to grab.

The question is: What are other side activities that can be done painlessly even on UH?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, HusKy said:

This is a very good point worth looking into. That's 10 tokens that are super easy to grab.

The question is: What are other side activities that can be done painlessly even on UH?

I'll be honest I personally didn't even bother thinking about it.

I'm currently speedrunning like a madman through NG++ and a fully upgraded death seeker pretty much one shot's all small stuff.

My plan is to just rush the story, get the bird, grab tallnecks and clear all bandit camps from there on I'll see what's most efficient.

• Like 2

I'm thinking, perhaps doing it in opposite order would be more efficient/easier since you can unlock new legendaries before UH.

1. Start NG+ on low difficulty, collect ~85 tokens, unlock the legendary weapons

2. Start NG++ UH, finish the story + tallnecks for 40 tokens, buy the stuff --> UH trophy + Items trophy

This way you would have the full arsenal of all new legendaries at your disposal for UH.

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, HusKy said:

I'm thinking, perhaps doing it in opposite order would be more efficient/easier since you can unlock new legendaries before UH.

1. Start NG+ on low difficulty, collect ~85 tokens, unlock the legendary weapons

2. Start NG++ UH, finish the story + tallnecks for 40 tokens, buy the stuff --> UH trophy + Items trophy

This way you would have the full arsenal of all new legendaries at your disposal for UH.

That's actually the best way I think lol. Those new weapons are really strong and getting all materials shouldn't take long either on story difficulty.

1 hour ago, SnizelPS said:

I completed Ultra hard NG+ with pretty mediocre gear, I had Rare Shadow Carja armor max level, Legendary Death Seeker's Shadow bow level 1, Legendary  The Sun Scourge bow level 1 and Icestorm Boltblaster level 2.

The only thing I did before going to NG+ Ultra Hard was to buy the Legendary Death Seeker's Shadow bow.

So you don't need to have the absolute best gear, but it's probably better if you at least max your weapons, especially for the final boss HP pool... it's crazy.

Get good poison and plasma weapons. 

This is all nice and dandy but tbh, go on YouTube and get the saltiest build you can find, max it and off you go. 

35 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Yeah this is what I'm planning on doing. The legendary Purgewater hunter bow and the new sharpshot legendary will probably both really come in handy. 

I would highly suggest to also do the Salt bite cauldron on ultra hard. The "boss" enemy is a rollerback which is doable. The Cauldron gives +3 tokens and there's also a tallneck inside which is another +2. 

Edited by Deluziion90

5 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

I would highly suggest to also do the Salt bite cauldron on ultra hard. The "boss" enemy is a rollerback which is doable. The Cauldron gives +3 tokens and there's also a tallneck inside which is another +2. 

What are the best weapons for Ultra Hard? Could you tell us your setup, weapons and armour please. What did you use. 

4 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

What are the best weapons for Ultra Hard? Could you tell us your setup, weapons and armour please. What did you use. 

Much better stuff to min/max but this carried me  through it:

Death seeker bow fully upgraded 

Coils: Crit 15% 2x

High Ground damage +25% (would highly suggest the ranged damage coil but I dont have it)

Overdraw Damage +15% 2x

The Sun Scourge

Coils:

Acid +15%

Draw speed +25% x2

Purgewater and frost +12%

Armor: Nora Thunder Warrior fully upgraded

Weaves: weapon stamina / Valor Surge Master

Skills:

Ranged Master (purple bar)

Triple Notch (yellow bar)

Not even the best weapons and stuff and I barely made it through the final boss but with this stuff I managed the rest of the game pretty easily.

Just apply effects and triple notch spam weakpoints to get kills.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Much better stuff to min/max but this carried me  through it:

Death seeker bow fully upgraded 

Coils: Crit 15% 2x

High Ground damage +25% (would highly suggest the ranged damage coil but I dont have it)

Overdraw Damage +15% 2x

The Sun Scourge

Coils:

Acid +15%

Draw speed +25% x2

Purgewater and frost +12%

Armor: Nora Thunder Warrior fully upgraded

Weaves: weapon stamina / Valor Surge Master

Skills:

Ranged Master (purple bar)

Triple Notch (yellow bar)

Not even the best weapons and stuff and I barely made it through the final boss but with this stuff I managed the rest of the game pretty easily.

Just apply effects and triple notch spam weakpoints to get kills.

Thanks. Isn't the oseram artificer the best armour?

I just killed Tilda van der Meer on ultra hard difficulty and my first attempt with the Hardweave Sharpshot Bow equipped with two long-range damage +25% coils, The Sun Scourge equipped with one acid +15% and two acid +12% coils, and Nora Sentinel outfit equipped with stealth ranged+ and weapon stamina+. Unfortunately, I can confirm that the option to change the difficulty isn't available for me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Countless hours and 5:30 in the morning but it's finally 100% again.

You definitely don't need everything cleared when you're going for ng++ and cleanup from there.

How many quests (both main and side), errands, jobs, and such did you complete in addition to the main quests in both playthroughs?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, notandrebraun said:

How many quests (both main and side), errands, jobs, and such did you complete in addition to the main quests in both playthroughs?

Run 1 -

NG+ UH -> postgame: 4/6 Tallneck = 38 Tokens

Run 2 -NG+ Story = 30 Tokens

Postgame:

5/6 Rebel camps = 15 tokens 

2 Gauntlet Runs = 4 tokens

1 Cauldron (in combination with tallneck in Salt bite) = 3 tokens

5/6 tallnecks = 10 Tokens

--------------------------

That's a total of 100 tokens

So the other 25 tokens came from Side quests. Some side quests grant 3 tokens but they take a bit longer to complete. Side quests in total didn't take me more then 2 hours.

• Like 2