Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores - DLC?

6 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Run 1 -

NG+ UH -> postgame: 4/6 Tallneck = 38 Tokens

Run 2 -NG+ Story = 30 Tokens

Postgame:

5/6 Rebel camps = 15 tokens 

2 Gauntlet Runs = 4 tokens

1 Cauldron (in combination with tallneck in Salt bite) = 3 tokens

5/6 tallnecks = 10 Tokens

--------------------------

That's a total of 100 tokens

So the other 25 tokens came from Side quests. Some side quests grant 3 tokens but they take a bit longer to complete. Side quests in total didn't take me more then 2 hours.

Thank you for the information!

On 3.6.2022 at 9:07 AM, Viper said:

No thanks. I'll play an actual expansion based story DLC when it comes...but I have too much other shit to play to go back through this again and play everything for 3 Bronze trophies.[..]

The same is true for me.
Pile of shame is already too big ?.
/edit Also I completed nearly 100% of the game and memories of the everything are still too fresh.. would not enjoy replaying it now.

Also, if I remember correctly, for HZD the NG+ DLC was published a long time before the FW DLC was out.

Playing HZD NG+ on highest difficulty was made more easy with the equipment you got in the FW DLC.

So: 

I am sure that I will do the same with HFW: Play NG+ on highest difficulty after I complete the story DLC, which everybody expects to arrive in the months to come.

Edited by Geridian
Added one sentence

On 04/06/2022 at 1:43 AM, notandrebraun said:

The information is sourced from the game itself.

"If you choose Ultra Hard you will not be able to change the difficulty or adjust any difficulty settings related to it until you complete the game. Are you ready for the challenge?"

CD9832-AB-4238-429-D-8-B41-82-EC0-AE10-E

Bet that is for New Game only, not NG+. That or it will get patched at some point.

12 hours ago, HusKy said:

I'm thinking, perhaps doing it in opposite order would be more efficient/easier since you can unlock new legendaries before UH.

1. Start NG+ on low difficulty, collect ~85 tokens, unlock the legendary weapons

2. Start NG++ UH, finish the story + tallnecks for 40 tokens, buy the stuff --> UH trophy + Items trophy

This way you would have the full arsenal of all new legendaries at your disposal for UH.

Like ya thinking mate, seems like the best way. You will be even more powerful for UH then because you will have NG+ gear going into it.

Similar to Kena where everywhere advises to 100% Easy first and then Any%  Master where it would probably be easier and better to Any% Easy and then 100% Master

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Like ya thinking mate, seems like the best way.

Yes, and during this run, you will also collect a lot of parts for upgrades so it should also reduce grind for better equipment.

Now the only question is what's the minimum number of tokens needed to get in NG+.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

IIRC there is a skill in the stealth tree that basically 2 shots most bosses. Made the final boss a joke on regular difficulty. Wonder how it works out in UH.

Could you find out and tell us what that skill is please? It would be helpful. 

14 hours ago, HusKy said:

This is a very good point worth looking into. That's 10 tokens that are super easy to grab.

The question is: What are other side activities that can be done painlessly even on UH?

I'm here, reporting back on this: rebel camps are NOT painless. Not all of them at least. I recommend flying in and killing the boss quickly, and you can't even do that with the last camp. It's a good token payout but it takes way too long.

2 hours ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

Could you find out and tell us what that skill is please? It would be helpful. 

Sure, no worries. Had to locate my old post where I mentioned it as I've forgotten so much of the game already haha. It's the Braced Shot technique. You have to put in quite a few points in the Infiltrator skill tree to get to it but that shouldn't be a problem on NG+ with the respec option.

The catch with this skill is that Aloy cannot move when using it. It makes her kneel and aim wherever she is facing so you have to pick a good moment to use it which can be tricky if you have an enemy that attacks over and over in quick succession or is constantly zipping about. However, when you do it get the opportunity it's basically a guarantee kill in one or two hits on regular difficulty and upgraded gear. Most of the time you can use it without even getting into open combat as it kills the enemy so quickly (hence why it's in the stealth tree).

The only reason I suspect it hasn't been nerfed yet is because a lot of the Horizon fanbase aren't stealth players so the devs won't get to see how cheesy it is. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Bet that is for New Game only, not NG+. That or it will get patched at some point.

Like ya thinking mate, seems like the best way. You will be even more powerful for UH then because you will have NG+ gear going into it.

Similar to Kena where everywhere advises to 100% Easy first and then Any%  Master where it would probably be easier and better to Any% Easy and then 100% Master

It was my assumption based on the warning that Guerrilla Games intended for the difficulty to be changed after completing the game in either new or new game+, but they could have indeed overlooked something in the process which in turn causes the message to appear.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Sure, no worries. Had to locate my old post where I mentioned it as I've forgotten so much of the game already haha. It's the Braced Shot technique. You have to put in quite a few points in the Infiltrator skill tree to get to it but that shouldn't be a problem on NG+ with the respec option.

The catch with this skill is that Aloy cannot move when using it. It makes her kneel and aim wherever she is facing so you have to pick a good moment to use it which can be tricky if you have an enemy that attacks over and over in quick succession or is constantly zipping about. However, when you do it get the opportunity it's basically a guarantee kill in one or two hits on regular difficulty and upgraded gear. Most of the time you can use it without even getting into open combat as it kills the enemy so quickly (hence why it's in the stealth tree).

The only reason I suspect it hasn't been nerfed yet is because a lot of the Horizon fanbase aren't stealth players so the devs won't get to see how cheesy it is. 

You said its in the infiltration and the stealth tree?

Edit: I found it, thank you. 

Edited by Cryogenicide_X

Quick question everyone. I understand that once you are on NG+ Ultra Hard that you can't change the difficulty even once you've beaten the game on that difficulty. However, is it not possible to create another NG+ save seperate from Ultra Hard that carries everything over from that NG+ Ultra Hard but this time on story difficulty?

Edited by Cryogenicide_X

6 hours ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

Quick question everyone. I understand that once you are on NG+ Ultra Hard that you can't change the difficulty even once you've beaten the game on that difficulty. However, is it not possible to create another NG+ save seperate from Ultra Hard that carries everything over from that NG+ Ultra Hard but this time on story difficulty?

You can go from NG+ Ultra Hard to another NG+ at whatever difficulty you want, that's what i did.

• Like 2

From complete scratch 0 Trophies, I think the optimal way to 100% now is to:

1 - First complete NG story on whatever difficulty you want, but Only the story.

2 - Go onto NG+ and do the 100% on that instead, you know, just the stuff required for trophies Cauldrons, Tallnecks, certain Side Quests etc. This is because you are getting Champion Tokens then while doing platinum requirements, if you do 100% on NG, you won't be and are so wasting precious time and benefits.

3 - Then a quick NG++ Ultra Hard doing just the story.

This is how I would do it now if was going to go back to it. Trophy Guides should advise this, I'll be sure to add this to my Platinum Speedrun.

Few questions please ;)

- Does NG+ give you more drops or anything like that, anything gets bonuses other than the Tokens??

- Do you get more XP?? Actually, I bet nobody knows this as every1 is likely already max when going into NG+ xD. I'll have to see if I have a Endgame Platinum save at level 38 still and check.

- When do you get access to the Sunwing mount??

I'm very curious now xD

Originally you have to grind for XP for about 90 minutes if doing the minimum for platinum. Despite some guides saying you should hit level 50 naturally which is incorrect (it's actually about level 38 naturally), you should now though, hit level 50 naturally if going for 100%!!!

So 100%, from a optimal perspective, may not actually be that much longer than Platinum 

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Optinooby said:

1 - First complete NG story on whatever difficulty you want, but Only the story.

2 - Go onto NG+ and do the 100% on that instead, you know, just the stuff required for trophies Cauldrons, Tallnecks, certain Side Quests etc. This is because you are getting Champion Tokens then while doing platinum requirements, if you do 100% on NG, you won't be and are so wasting precious time and benefits.

This is how I would do it now if was going to go back to it. Trophy Guides should advise this, I'll be sure to add this to my Platinum Speedrun.

Few questions please ;)

- Does NG+ give you more drops or anything like that, anything gets bonuses other than the Tokens??

- Do you get more XP?? Actually, I bet nobody knows this as every1 is likely already max when going into NG+ xD. I'll have to see if I have a Endgame Platinum save at level 38 still and check.

I'm very curious now xD

Originally you have to grind for XP for about 90 minutes if doing the minimum for platinum. Despite some guides saying you should hit level 50 naturally which is incorrect (it's actually about level 38 naturally), you should now though, hit level 50 naturally if going for 100%!!!

So 100%, from a optimal perspective, may not actually be that much longer than Platinum 

I would suggest speedrun NG story only hut also grind out death seeker bow it shouldnt take long and helps a lot later on.

• Like 1

If this were on my native Xbox, I'd be compelled to go for this for pure 100%. However, even as someone who aims for 100% in vritually everything, I just don't think I can be bothered this time. I was already pretty lukewarm on this game, so the thought of doing NG+ TWICE for 3 trophies is not appealing at all. I'll probably play the paid expansion and see how I go from there. To its credit, Frozen Wilds was terrific DLC (although I preferred Zero Dawn to Forbidden West). Short of God of War Ragnarök (if they decide to do a NG+ trophy patch this time) this may become the new norm for me. Not sure how others feels about it. 

59 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

I would suggest speedrun NG story only hut also grind out death seeker bow it shouldnt take long and helps a lot later on.

I'll have to look into that thanks ;)

If one was to speedrun NG+ story on easiest difficulty straight after before stopping for 100%, could it also be a idea to buy a NG+ now there??

I've been through platinum about 6 times, but never touched the NG+ so I cant strategise from my own experience with it as I don't have any yet ;(

Edited by Optinooby

8 hours ago, notandrebraun said:

I just earned the Obtained All New Game+ Rewards trophy after about two and a half playthroughs. As @Deluziion90 said, you don't need to complete every available quest. I only completed some, if not all, of the main quests, tallnecks, cauldrons, and rebel camps on my second playthrough.

CFAB53-D7-7-C1-B-4187-8399-CC9-C7-D5-FF5

Which are the items we have to buy to get the trophy with the tokens? How can you tell between the normal items to buy and just the ones for just the DLC and the Trophy?

Edited by Cryogenicide_X
  • Like 1

On 6/5/2022 at 4:57 AM, Killbomb said:

Did they ever give Aloy a quick recovery after getting knocked down? If not, Ultra Hard would be stroke inducing for me after raging at her just lying there on Normal. 

No, the combat in this game is basically enemies relentlessly stunning you, knocking you down spamming attacks and tossing you around like a ping pong.

It's worse on Ultra Hard, as the AI is more relentless.

5 minutes ago, SnizelPS said:

No, the combat in this game is basically enemies relentlessly stunning you, knocking you down spamming attacks and tossing you around like a ping pong.

It's worse on Ultra Hard, as the AI is more relentless.

I did post on there Twitter asking them to fix this. And to bring back the Shield Weaver Armour. 

5 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Few questions please ;)

I'm very curious now xD

I can try to answer your questions to the best of my ability. The items that you could search from enemies seemed to not have increased much if any nor were any other bonuses received except for champion tokens. However, I can't confirm if there were any differences. I started new game+ as player level 50 and finished as 61. Therefore, there would appear to be an increase in experience points with the ghost levels requiring 100,000. I had access to the sunwing as a mount when first returning to the base. Although, you might have access to it even earlier after completing (or skipping) the tutorial.

53 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

Which are the items we have to buy to get the trophy with the tokens? How can you tell between the normal items to buy and just the ones for just the DLC and the Trophy?

The items that you need to purchase should cost a certain amount of champion tokens. You can differentiate the items, in part, by their cost with whether champion tokens or metal shards are required for them. Which the cost of items that initially cost champion tokens will revert to costing metal shards after first purchasing them.

Edited by notandrebraun
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, notandrebraun said:

I can try to answer your questions to the best of my ability. The items that you could search from enemies seemed to not have increased much if any nor were any other bonuses received except for champion tokens. However, I can't confirm if there were any differences. I started new game+ as player level 50 and finished as 61. Therefore, there would appear to be an increase in experience points with the ghost levels requiring 100,000. I had access to the sunwing as a mount when first returning to the base. Although, you might have access to it even earlier after completing (or skipping) the tutorial.

The items that you need to purchase should cost a certain amount of champion tokens. You can differentiate the items, in part, by their cost with whether champion tokens or metal shards are required for them. Which the cost of items that initially cost champion tokens will revert to costing metal shards after first purchasing them.

Thanks mate.

When you mention 'skipping' the tutorial, does the game let you skip it then in NG+? That's awesome if so

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Optinooby said:

Thanks mate.

When you mention 'skipping' the tutorial, does the game let you skip it then in NG+? That's awesome if so

You're welcome! Yes! When starting a new game+, you have the option to either replay the tutorial or skip it. Not knowing how it might have affected the trophy requiring you to complete the game on ultra hard difficulty, I elected not to skip it when playing the game on the hardest difficulty.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TrophyChief said:

For those interested on an approach to take. Powerpyx roadmap just dropped. 

https://www.powerpyx.com/horizon-forbidden-west-new-game-trophy-guide-roadmap/

Have fun getting back to 100%. I plan to too. 

So basically what has been said here except that he is not counting the 5 tallnecks which can shorten up the grind a little bit.