Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores - DLC?

Just got done with it ?  don't forget to at least do IOTA, as it is both a Tallneck and a Cauldron in one go which is 5 tokens.

You can also cheese some quests to get them done faster with the Sun Wing,  so utilize it as soon as you get to The Base.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SnizelPS said:

Just got done with it 1f629.png  don't forget to at least do IOTA, as it is both a Tallneck and a Cauldron in one go which is 5 tokens.

You can also cheese some quests to get them done faster with the Sun Wing,  so utilize it as soon as you get to The Base.

Does the sun wing carry over on NG+

2 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

Does the sun wing carry over on NG+

Yeah, but you need to reach the base (by doing main quests) to override one.

When you get to it, you can go outside of it and there's a nearby road to the top of the mountain where there are Sunwings you can override.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SnizelPS said:

Yeah, but you need to reach the base (by doing main quests) to override one.

When you get to it, you can go outside of it and there's a nearby road to the top of the mountain where there are Sunwings you can override.

I thought the sun wing is something that you can call at any time lol. I haven't beaten the game yet but that's what I assumed. So everytime you want to use one you have to override it? I've reached the base but don't know if I can override one or not?

Edited by Cryogenicide_X

19 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

I thought the sun wing is something that you can call at any time lol. I haven't beaten the game yet but that's what I assumed. So everytime you want to use one you have to override it? I've reached the base but don't know if I can override one or not?

Yeah, you need to override once and you can call it anytime (unless you are unlucky and it dies beyond repair so you have to override new one).

But when you go to NG+ it's like you haven't yet overridden one. But the ability to override it early is still there. 

In NG the override unlocks as a part of a main quest.

Edited by SnizelPS

On 6/6/2022 at 7:35 AM, notandrebraun said:

You're welcome! Yes! When starting a new game+, you have the option to either replay the tutorial or skip it. Not knowing how it might have affected the trophy requiring you to complete the game on ultra hard difficulty, I elected not to skip it when playing the game on the hardest difficulty.

Can confirm it’s safe to skip the tutorial; I elected to skip it on my first NG+, got both the UH and standard NG+ trophies after beating the Spectre Prime.

• Like 3

I just completed NG+ on Ultra Hard. Have a day off today so I started at 7 AM and was done at like 9 PM with a lot of little breaks like walking with the dog. 

UH Mode was not so hard until GEMINI. Then the difficulty increased a lot but the enemys have a pretty similar moveset and its not so hard to dodge them. If you are familar with Soulsgames then its not a big deal. Overall I would give it a 5/10.

Best regards,

fischyyy

• Like 2

I'm 64% of the way through the grind (80/125 tokens) and I'm already bored to tears. I'm gonna have to complete exactly 22 sidequests/ruins/whatever plus 1 errand to get the remaining tokens and with how long sidequests take on average I'm dreading this endeavor. Really hope the next patch is soon and rebalances things by lowering prices.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Valtekken173 said:

I'm 64% of the way through the grind (80/125 tokens) and I'm already bored to tears. I'm gonna have to complete exactly 22 sidequests/ruins/whatever plus 1 errand to get the remaining tokens and with how long sidequests take on average I'm dreading this endeavor. Really hope the next patch is soon and rebalances things by lowering prices.

I am pretty much in the same position, I went straight into ultra hard and have tried to do most of my champion token farming during my ultra hard run because I didn't want to reacquire all the fast travel points again in NG++.  It really underscores how boring this game's content is though.  The side quests are way too long for only getting 1 or 2 champion's tokens most of the time.  Tallnecks, Bandit Camps (not on ultra hard), some Relic Ruins are sorta quick to complete, but why the hell are almost all the actual story based side quests and errands so long.  Ultra hard just makes everything more boring because most everything becomes a damage sponge.  Most weapons feel useless on ultra hard as well outside the sharpshot bow/explosive javelin or synergies with the boltblaster/warrior bow to spam damage with valor surges or something like that.

Edited by Elegy
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Elegy said:

I am pretty much in the same position, I went straight into ultra hard and have tried to do most of my champion token farming during my ultra hard run because I didn't want to reacquire all the fast travel points again in NG++.  It really underscores how boring this game's content is though.  The side quests are way too long for only getting 1 or 2 champion's tokens most of the time.  Tallnecks, Bandit Camps (not on ultra hard), some Relic Ruins are sorta quick to complete, but why the hell are almost all the actual story based side quests and errands so long.  Ultra hard just makes everything more boring because most everything becomes a damage sponge.  Most weapons feel useless on ultra hard as well outside the sharpshot bow/explosive javelin or synergies with the boltblaster/warrior bow to spam damage with valor surges or something like that.

Two mistakes were made here by Guerrilla. The first was locking players into Ultra Hard even after the main campaign is over, which turns everything into some sort of attrition war where your patience is tested far more than your skill. It's fine to go through the campaign on Ultra Hard, but demanding the players go through the content THEY ALREADY WENT THROUGH ONCE BEFORE, on a harder difficulty, is just moronic and unreasonable. The second was setting the prices for the NG+ gear too high/the rewards for the side content too low. If everything in the game were to reward you with 3 tokens, or if every price in the game was lowered by 40%, it would've taken far less time to get everything and it wouldn't have been as aggravating to go through the entirety of the side content a second time. The side content in and of itself is mostly fine to do once (and I mostly had fun with all of it, from vistas to longer sidequest chains), but doing it all over again is NOT fun, at all. Especially so, considering the whole game is heavily story-based, because I already know how all of the errands and sidequests' stories will go.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Valtekken173 said:

9 hours ago, Elegy said:

2 hours ago, Valtekken173 said:

Two mistakes were made here by Guerrilla. The first was locking players into Ultra Hard even after the main campaign is over, which turns everything into some sort of attrition war where your patience is tested far more than your skill. It's fine to go through the campaign on Ultra Hard, but demanding the players go through the content THEY ALREADY WENT THROUGH ONCE BEFORE, on a harder difficulty, is just moronic and unreasonable. The second was setting the prices for the NG+ gear too high/the rewards for the side content too low. If everything in the game were to reward you with 3 tokens, or if every price in the game was lowered by 40%, it would've taken far less time to get everything and it wouldn't have been as aggravating to go through the entirety of the side content a second time. The side content in and of itself is mostly fine to do once (and I mostly had fun with all of it, from vistas to longer sidequest chains), but doing it all over again is NOT fun, at all. Especially so, considering the whole game is heavily story-based, because I already know how all of the errands and sidequests' stories will go.

The way around this for future Trophy Hunters is for trophy guides to add a note at the front that if you want a more efficient, maybe more interesting 100% trophies, then play NG and straight after the story, go into NG+ easy and do your 100% collectibles there. Then do a NG++ on UH for the finish.

Doing 3 playthroughs isn't for every1, but it's the best way for us guys otherwise the NG 100% collectibles is a complete waste of missing Champion Tokens in a sense.

Problem is I don't think any guides provide advice on a more optimal 100% Trophy List Roadmap. You just get you Platinum Roadmap and then your separate DLC Roadmaps, they rarely get combined into a All-round Roadmap.

A few other games like this which are much faster with an All-Round 100% Trophy List Roadmap are Control and FF7Remake. Following the Trophy Guides for these and then the DLC guides makes the 100% much longer, especially with Control, advice on a combine Roadmap would save a lot of time. FF7Remake is a little different, a 100% Roadmap saves time with that because it gets you more Gotterdammerungs making Hard Mode even easier.

A Quality of Life improvement that guides need to start implementing more with the increase of all these free DLC updates

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

just saw in another thread that completing the dlc trophies on PS4 doesn't auto pop on PS5... unlike the base game platinum

Many will disagree but I'm happy about this, if true.

It means I'll have to play the best version of the game when it comes to the DLC. Of course there's nothing to stop me doing that already but at least now it's enforced it won't feel like I'm wasting time.

I'll just play the PS4 version right before the sequel to refresh my memory.

17 hours ago, Ashande said:

Can confirm it’s safe to skip the tutorial; I elected to skip it on my first NG+, got both the UH and standard NG+ trophies after beating the Spectre Prime.

Thank you for the confirmation! Fortunately, the Completed New Game+ and Completed Ultra Hard trophies aren't affected by whether you replay the tutorial or skip it.

95/125 tokens.

Jesus Christ this is BAD. I just completed most of the ruins (NOT doing the Isle of Spires ruin again, fuck that) and I honestly feel a hundred years away from the goal. I'm down to 30 tokens left, which means 15 sidequests/other stuff to get all the tokens needed. Whoever thought these prices were acceptable needs to rethink everything. Ultra Hard is obviously not making things any more enjoyable. All the sidequests are far too long for their own good, and their design isn't even stellar to begin with. Playing through all of it once is cool, you don't know where the stories will go (which is Guerrilla's forte) and all, but going through them again exposes all the flaws. Follow this dude, fight these machines (WAY too many and too aggressive), get these materials...Jesus, it's just plain boring without the narrative incentive to do this stuff.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Valtekken173 said:

95/125 tokens.

Jesus Christ this is BAD. I just completed most of the ruins (NOT doing the Isle of Spires ruin again, fuck that) and I honestly feel a hundred years away from the goal. I'm down to 30 tokens left, which means 15 sidequests/other stuff to get all the tokens needed. Whoever thought these prices were acceptable needs to rethink everything. Ultra Hard is obviously not making things any more enjoyable. All the sidequests are far too long for their own good, and their design isn't even stellar to begin with. Playing through all of it once is cool, you don't know where the stories will go (which is Guerrilla's forte) and all, but going through them again exposes all the flaws. Follow this dude, fight these machines (WAY too many and too aggressive), get these materials...Jesus, it's just plain boring without the narrative incentive to do this stuff.

Yeah, honestly...

These trophies made me think less of the game, I actually kinda liked it till I got Platinum.

These trophies made me hate it, they were a mistake ?

But no one made me do it, I guess I did it to myself... 

If you are actually attempting to do the token in the same run as Ultra Hard... I can't even imagine.

Edited by SnizelPS

Just finished my Ultra Hard run. Honestly it was much easier than I thought it'd be and I actually enjoyed it, only died maybe 4-5 times and only once during a boss fight, the fight against Regalla. That was mainly because she used plasma attacks and the Nora Thunder Warrior armor is weak against plasma. For weapons I had fully upgraded Death-Seeker's Shadow, Sun Scourge, Forgefall and Skykiller.

I had originally planned to start another NG+ on story difficulty to get the remaining token but since I'm already at 98/125 I might as well get the rest on Ultra Hard as well.

4 hours ago, Valtekken173 said:

95/125 tokens.

You could always just speedrun the game again in NG++ on story difficulty, takes 3-4 hours, the main quest line is insanely short when you skip everything. Probably would be quicker than doing ~15 side quests on ultra hard where every machine is an absolute bullet sponge.

4 hours ago, SnizelPS said:

Yeah, honestly...

These trophies made me think less of the game, I actually kinda liked it till I got Platinum.

These trophies made me hate it, they were a mistake 1f629.png

But no one made me do it, I guess I did it to myself... 

If you are actually attempting to do the token in the same run as Ultra Hard... I can't even imagine.

That's exactly what I'm doing. 0/10, would NOT recommend.

2 hours ago, GraniteSnake said:

You could always just speedrun the game again in NG++ on story difficulty, takes 3-4 hours, the main quest line is insanely short when you skip everything. Probably would be quicker than doing ~15 side quests on ultra hard where every machine is an absolute bullet sponge.

Honestly that's even worse to me. I've gone through this whole story twice before already, I'm not keen on doing that a third time.

Right now I'm at 105/125 tokens, so I just need to find it in me to do these last 10 sidequests. God, this is a slog. Maybe tonight.

9 hours ago, Janire1911 said:

Just finished my Ultra Hard run. Honestly it was much easier than I thought it'd be and I actually enjoyed it, only died maybe 4-5 times and only once during a boss fight, the fight against Regalla. That was mainly because she used plasma attacks and the Nora Thunder Warrior armor is weak against plasma. For weapons I had fully upgraded Death-Seeker's Shadow, Sun Scourge, Forgefall and Skykiller.

I had originally planned to start another NG+ on story difficulty to get the remaining token but since I'm already at 98/125 I might as well get the rest on Ultra Hard as well.

I just platted the game. So, for Ultra Hard NG+, do I only have to fully upgrade those 4 weapons you say and the Nora Thunder armor? 

Just completed NG+ on UH, and it was surprisingly easy. Just freeze the enemies (The Sun Scourge) then use explosive ammo (Skykiller). For the final boss, I used Elite Ropecaster and Skykiller. I never used valor surge or weapon arts.

Alright, I'm done. Back to 100%. Funnily enough I don't really care about the 100% in and of itself, I just felt that I should get those trophies since I paid both for the game and its future updates when I got it.

Anyway, time to start waiting for the DLC I guess. Will probably land by the end of the year if we're lucky.