Good as Gold trophy Will be changing soon

Hello, during the Year 7 reveal video the dev team talks about how ranked will be changing. The changes in ranked look like they will be significant and the Devs are going as far as calling it "Ranked 2.0" Starting at the 12:50 mark of the video one of the developers starts to talk about the changes they have planned for ranked. He says "If I take the experience of the average Bronze player, they will start after their placement matches, probably in Silver or low Silver, and then they will gradually go back to Bronze and maybe even low Bronze, and its not necessarily a very rewarding experience. With the new system, they will start in Copper and will always go up until they reach his Bronze and maybe, since they will be playing more, on the time being they will get stronger and maybe they'll reach Silver or might reach Gold." So from this we can learn a few things. Everyone will start in Copper, so placements games will no longer be as important. Members of the community have pointed out that this system could be unfair because it would be placing both players who are normally in Copper with players that are normally in Diamond both in copper. There has been no conformation that I have seen from the devs but the speculation is that matchmaking will change. Currently matchmaking is determined by rank, so if you are in Gold you will have Elo between 2600 and 3199. Depending on the rank of your teammates you will be placed against players with a similar rank, the skill of each player is only accounted for by their rank. In the new system your rank would not correspond to your Elo, so you would start in copper and play against other players in copper, but if you are a bad player you would have a hidden Elo of 500 and you would only play against other players with that Elo. If you were a good player you would also be in copper but your Elo would be 4100 and you would play other players with a hidden Elo of 4100. Other games use similar matchmaking where hidden Elo is used to matchmake instead of rank. So you can have multiple players in bronze but they all have wildly different skill levels and they will never have the chance of playing each other. This new system will launch in Season 3 of year 7 which should launch in maybe 5-6 months. In the current system if you get good placement games it is possible to place directly in Gold or even higher. With the new system it will be much more of a grind. From what it sounds like the more you play, the more you will rank up. It seems like instead of just rewarding skill it will also try to reward play time.So today if you want to hit Gold but you are not very good at the game it may be impossible for you to reach Gold, no matter how many games you play. In the new system it seems like it might be possible to hit Gold just from playing a lot, but that it may take quite a few games to get there. From what I have heard the new system will not allow you to go down in rank only up, but as a trade off you only get a little MMR per win so instead of today where you win or lose 50-120 MMR per game you wouldn't lose any MMR but you could only gain maybe 10 for a win. 

23 hours ago, Matto_lsi said:

I'm so glad I got this trophy (and platinum) during it's initial listing where it had absolutely nothing to do with Gold ranked matches.

Hitting gold isn't that hard if you put the time into it. I have hit at least gold the last 17 seasons in a row and its not that bad. I think a lot of people though don't want to put the time into ranked which can be very stressful and moral breaking. I have 2,108 hours in the game and I know that for most trophy hunters they just want to get in and out of each game as quickly as possible. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dwightsarmy14 said:

Hitting gold isn't that hard if you put the time into it. I have hit at least gold the last 17 seasons in a row and its not that bad. I think a lot of people though don't want to put the time into ranked which can be very stressful and moral breaking. I have 2,108 hours in the game and I know that for most trophy hunters they just want to get in and out of each game as quickly as possible. 

I have over 800 hours in the game and never hit Gold once.  I got close a few seasons back (was less than 10 points away) after I got lucky and found not-so-incompetent players in the initial 10 ranked games, but I don't have any friends who play this game and none of the ones that did at launch cared about ranked, so I always solo queue.  And if you solo, it's actually quite hard to get to Gold, especially if you're only an average player, like I am.

2 hours ago, Matto_lsi said:

I have over 800 hours in the game and never hit Gold once.  I got close a few seasons back (was less than 10 points away) after I got lucky and found not-so-incompetent players in the initial 10 ranked games, but I don't have any friends who play this game and none of the ones that did at launch cared about ranked, so I always solo queue.  And if you solo, it's actually quite hard to get to Gold, especially if you're only an average player, like I am.

I almost always have 1 or 2 people I am playing with so that definitely does make it easier to rank up consistently. Some people are just better or worse as well. I have friends you have played as much as me who are consistently in bronze and others who are consistently in diamond. Hopefully this new ranked mode makes it easier for people to get gold. 

• Like 1

On 2.4.2022 at 9:03 PM, Dwightsarmy14 said:

It's still hard when you play with random and get bad ones. You just got lucky. I DIDN'T

On 2.4.2022 at 9:03 PM, Dwightsarmy14 said:

Hitting Gold 5 Years ago isn't that hard, but nowadays its a lit bit tricky. The rank system dropped on operation Wind Bastion. MnK players were everywhere and Plat players dropped on gold, even Silver. These days, i see a lot of diamond or champion players in my friendlist with 3,5,7 or 10 Accounts on R6. 1 acc is main the other ones for fun on lower elo. So I don't know if time is the only thing you need to get a better rank. I think the moral breaking part is that the community is toxic as f*, rather then the time. So as a trophy hunter and new player to this game you get easily frustrated and quit R6. 

On 4/9/2022 at 5:45 PM, lostforever77 said:

It's still hard when you play with random and get bad ones. You just got lucky. I DIDN'T

I don't think that hitting at least gold 17 seasons in a row is purely luck, but yes it can be hard when playing with randoms but it is possible. 

• Like 2

Thankfully I got this trophy my first ranked finish, Altho I hit silver 3 and got very confused that it popped, I was literally throwing just to get copper so I could play with friends without worrying about throwers, I think that last game I ended up getting the c4 behind a wall kill too, good times, I’m now plat 2 best on pc and it’s tough to get higher

9 hours ago, Dwightsarmy14 said:

I don't think that hitting at least gold 17 seasons in a row is purely luck, but yes it can be hard when playing with randoms but it is possible. 

Again, not for me. And I was talking about the first time you hit it, no need to brag

7 hours ago, SaySykesRN said:

Thankfully I got this trophy my first ranked finish, Altho I hit silver 3 and got very confused that it popped, I was literally throwing just to get copper so I could play with friends without worrying about throwers, I think that last game I ended up getting the c4 behind a wall kill too, good times, I’m now plat 2 best on pc and it’s tough to get higher

Lucky glitch. Also throwing while complaining about people that throw?are you hearing what you are saying?

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I'm one of those unlucky people that will probably never get this trophy. Played Siege for quite some time with a good friend of mine and I got 42 of 49 trophies now. But the gold rank trophy is something that I personally find bullsh*t.

Sure there are many trophies in many games that require a certain "skill" in order to unlock them. But in many games your skill is determined by how good you play yourself and if you're willing to become better at the game. In Siege's ranked mode there's so many factors that could potentially ruin it for you it's not even funnny. Even if you decide to become a really good player your teammates can ruin the entire match for you by throwing or quitting the game.

I really want to go for the platinum trophy (as I'm close) but I know that I will probably end up in mid-silver and I will stay there because of things like this. Shame really but what can you do about it? It's not like all the toxic players are suddenly going to quit the game because I want the gold rank rophy, right?

• Like 2

Hmm is it changing or changed ????

It's been a while since I last played R6S.

When i platinumed the game it was like Silver III rank requirement to earn the trophy, luckily i landed at Silver III after my placement matches only.

The 5 clean sheet victory was the only trophy that consumes lots of my time 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, zulqarmessi said:

When i platinumed the game it was like Silver III rank requirement to earn the trophy, luckily i landed at Silver III after my placement matches only.

They changed the ranks a while back which meant this popped on silver 3 instead of gold 3 but they fixed that sometime ago so you have to legitimately get Gold 3. They are making changes to the Ranked system so we may find that this trophy changes along with it or becomes harder/easier to achieve with the new system

• Like 1

17 hours ago, its_ArchroniX said:

I'm one of those unlucky people that will probably never get this trophy. Played Siege for quite some time with a good friend of mine and I got 42 of 49 trophies now. But the gold rank trophy is something that I personally find bullsh*t.

Sure there are many trophies in many games that require a certain "skill" in order to unlock them. But in many games your skill is determined by how good you play yourself and if you're willing to become better at the game. In Siege's ranked mode there's so many factors that could potentially ruin it for you it's not even funnny. Even if you decide to become a really good player your teammates can ruin the entire match for you by throwing or quitting the game.

I really want to go for the platinum trophy (as I'm close) but I know that I will probably end up in mid-silver and I will stay there because of things like this. Shame really but what can you do about it? It's not like all the toxic players are suddenly going to quit the game because I want the gold rank rophy, right?

Exactly

16 hours ago, zulqarmessi said:

Changing at the end of the year

16 hours ago, Malachen said:

They changed the ranks a while back which meant this popped on silver 3 instead of gold 3 but they fixed that sometime ago so you have to legitimately get Gold 3. They are making changes to the Ranked system so we may find that this trophy changes along with it or becomes harder/easier to achieve with the new system

It'll get easier once they change it and players that are toxic will get punished by the reputation system that's also coming

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So fairly new to the game, at this time I believe my biggest challenge (not most time consuming) will be achieving gold rank.

After reaching operator rank 50 I went to ranked, lost most of my placement matches (which were on a insane level compared to quick match) ended up in Bronze 2, won another match and was in Bronze 1.

What can I expect in achieving gold in terms in difficulty and amount of matches?

Also, if someone is within my ELO (i think 2000?) feel free to DM me to play together.

On 5/31/2022 at 11:55 PM, Joepelus said:

So fairly new to the game, at this time I believe my biggest challenge (not most time consuming) will be achieving gold rank.

After reaching operator rank 50 I went to ranked, lost most of my placement matches (which were on a insane level compared to quick match) ended up in Bronze 2, won another match and was in Bronze 1.

What can I expect in achieving gold in terms in difficulty and amount of matches?

Also, if someone is within my ELO (i think 2000?) feel free to DM me to play together.

If you are playing alone it will be difficult. It is partially luck but mostly skill. Yo be able to hit gold you will need to be able to carry your team to victory in some games. At level 50 you probably are not skilled enough yet to do this. If you play with a team it will be a little easier. Most people will play in a 5 stack but don’t know how to play as a team, you really have to play as a team and communicate well to take full advantage of playing with others. The new season starts tomorrow and will be the last season with the current ranking system. It is unclear right now if the new season will make this trophy easier or harder. If you want to hit gold next season you can in 15-20 matches (or maybe less) if you do well. I can help you if you want, but I would recommend not playing ranked without me and maybe we could run through a few strats before jumping into ranked. I have offered to help people before and then they go lose all there placements before we play and then don’t want feedback on how to improve.

This trophy feels completely impossible from my experience. I play with one friend and we get awful teammates all the time. My complain with the ranked system is that it only rewards you for winning matches, not for playing for your team. We always hit silver and then we get an unstoppable lose streak just to get back to copper.

4 hours ago, residentgamer5 said:

This trophy feels completely impossible from my experience. I play with one friend and we get awful teammates all the time. My complain with the ranked system is that it only rewards you for winning matches, not for playing for your team. We always hit silver and then we get an unstoppable lose streak just to get back to copper.

Don't end a season in copper, end in silver 3, win 5 placement matches and hit gold 3. The higher you end a season on, the less games you need to win to hit gold. Where you end a season matters. Trust me. Never. End. In. Copper

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

I'm here reading everyone's comment, while being 7x ( seasons) plat player with over 1,500+ hours on my previous account. Gold is only hard when you don't play the game constantly or daily. I hope they change the flawless trophy to an easier trophy so I could get the platinum trophy again but for this account. 

Edited by Remain-Vigilant
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Remain-Vigilant said:

I'm here reading everyone's comment, while being 7x ( seasons) plat player with over 1,500+ hours on my previous account. Gold is only hard when you don't play the game constantly or daily. I hope they change the flawless trophy to an easier trophy so I could get the platinum trophy again but for this account. 

I've got 1k hours, playing nearly every day for 2 years and JUST got to gold. Been constantly improving etc. So please stop saying stuff like that, thanks

Already had flawless victory, so got the plat yesterday

• Like 3

On 9/9/2022 at 10:21 AM, lostforever77 said:

I've got 1k hours, playing nearly every day for 2 years and JUST got to gold.

No offense to you, but to other players in this thread who are scared of this trophy because of this comment, don’t be. You will almost certainly hit gold before you reach 1000 hours and it will likely be very far before that if you know what you’re doing.

On 14.9.2022 at 2:47 AM, shxrpay said:

No offense to you, but to other players in this thread who are scared of this trophy because of this comment, don’t be. You will almost certainly hit gold before you reach 1000 hours and it will likely be very far before that if you know what you’re doing.

You need to start being realistic and stop belittling me. They should be scared of the trophy for now, it'll be easier in 80 days. I have the plat, don't have to care anymore

• Like 1