Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium (July 22, 2022)

On the South Korean game classification website, a new entry on the site is titled “Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium”, while another has the name “Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium Bundle #1”.

Both entries have been given a 15+ age rating, compared to the 12+ age rating given to the first Capcom Arcade Stadium in South Korea.

According to the website, the higher rating is for “exposure of female characters’ bodies” and “body mutilation, amputation etc. appearing in fighting games”.

It’s not clear whether Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium will be an expansion to the original game, or whether it’s a completely standalone release with new DLC titles, meaning players won’t be able to build on their current collection.

-VGC

Question is, is it an expansion or new game. Why create an all new sequel when they have the groundwork to add titles to the original game. They also did state it would be expanded in the future. Or maybe it’s a DLC expansion plus able to be played as a standalone. Either way, looks like we’re getting another wave of retro goodness. Hopefully there’s no unreasonable trophies like CapcoMaster this time around.

Would be great if we get Magic Sword and Black Tiger this time. Awesome games. And if dreaming, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs would be sweet though unrealistic due to the license. Also wish for a Power Stone collection one day.

4/11 Update: Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium details were listed on the Steam page of Capcom Fighting Collection, another upcoming Capcom title releasing on June 24th:

“The second Capcom Arcade Stadium title featuring a recreated arcade full of authentic cabinets to play. Coming soon with a new lineup of masterpieces! An additional title, Three Wonders, is also available as part of this set.”

Later that day, Capcom confirmed platforms and the collection’s first two games:

Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium will follow the same release model as its predecessor, consisting of a free base download that includes one game and offering additional titles to purchase from within the collection. It is due out either in June or on July 22nd, according to an Xbox listing. Capcom has yet to confirm the release date.

6/9 Update:

Games (32 total)

• 1943 Kai
  • Black Tiger
  • Block Block
  • Capcom Sports Club
  • Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors*
  • Eco Fighters
  • Gan Sumoku (GunSmoke)
  • Hissatsu Buraiken (Avengers)
  • Hyper Dyne Side Arms
  • Hyper Street Fighter II: The Anniversary Edition*
  • Knights of the Round
  • Last Duel
  • Magic Sword
  • Mega Man: The Power Battle
  • Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters
  • Night Warriors: Darkstalkers’ Revenge*
  • Pnickies
  • Rally 2011 LED Storm
  • Saturday Night Slam Masters
  • Savage Bees (Exed Exes)
  • SonSon
  • Street Fighter
  • Street Fighter Alpha: Warriors’ Dreams
  • Street Fighter Alpha 2
  • Street Fighter Alpha 3
  • Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix*
  • Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo*
  • The King of Dragons
  • The Speed Rumbler (Rush & Crash)
  • Three Wonders
  • Tiger Road
  • Vampire Savior*

*Included in Capcom Fighting Collection

Edited by NMErickson
Title, game list
  • Like 1

@MvComedy Throw both Slam Masters games into the unlikely pile. Character designs for both games were done by Tetsuo Hara,\ of Fist of the North Star fame. They would likely have to jump through some type of licensing hoops to get that released again and possibly why they haven't done anything with the series or characters since.

Also, Street Fighter Alpha 3 was on CPS2 hardware, unless you meant Street Fighter Zero 3 Upper which was released later on for Naomi hardware.

I'll add in the 3D titles, just in case for those wondering, since they may be a reality! Rival Schools and Project Justice could be possibilities. Street Fighter EX/EX2 if Arika allows it. Cannon Spike, Star Gladiator, Plasma Sword, Tech Romancer, and both Power Stones as well.

Edited by SegaJAM
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SegaJAM said:

@MvComedy Throw both Slam Masters games into the unlikely pile. Character designs for both games were done by Tetsuo Hara, of Fist of the North Star fame. They would likely have to jump through some type of licensing hoops to get that released again and possibly why they haven't done anything with the series or characters since.

Also, Street Fighter Alpha 3 was on CPS2 hardware, unless you meant Street Fighter Zero 3 Upper which was released later on for Naomi hardware.

Rival Schools and Project Justice could be possibilities as well. Street Fighter EX/EX2 if Arika allows it. Star Gladiator, Plasma Sword, Tech Romancer, and both Power Stones as well.

Slam Masters: it depends on whether Tetsuo Hara retained any sort of ownership to the designs and if that means Capcom would have to pay royalties to him in order to re-release the game.  You could be right, but I've never heard of that being the case for Slam Masters.  I take it that the situation for those characters is the same as that of Karin in Street Fighter - she was designed by a manga artist (can't remember who off the top of my head) but Capcom maintains sole ownership of the character.  This is unlike the situation of Strider, for which Moto Kikaku has to be involved jointly with Capcom on any release involving the character in any media.

SFA3: you are right, I was referring to Zero 3 Upper.  I thought both versions of that game were released on NAOMI.  That said, I would prefer a release of Upper since we already got the base game on the SF 30th collection.

As I mentioned, I purposely left the 3D games off the list.  I think that if we ever get those, they would form a separate release altogether.  Maybe if Capcom Fighting Collection does well?

3 minutes ago, MvComedy said:

Slam Masters: it depends on whether Tetsuo Hara retained any sort of ownership to the designs and if that means Capcom would have to pay royalties to him in order to re-release the game.  You could be right, but I've never heard of that being the case for Slam Masters.  I take it that the situation for those characters is the same as that of Karin in Street Fighter - she was designed by a manga artist (can't remember who off the top of my head) but Capcom maintains sole ownership of the character.  This is unlike the situation of Strider, for which Moto Kikaku has to be involved jointly with Capcom on any release involving the character in any media.

SFA3: you are right, I was referring to Zero 3 Upper.  I thought both versions of that game were released on NAOMI.  That said, I would prefer a release of Upper since we already got the base game on the SF 30th collection.

As I mentioned, I purposely left the 3D games off the list.  I think that if we ever get those, they would form a separate release altogether.  Maybe if Capcom Fighting Collection does well?

My mistake, I had missed the part where you mentioned omitting the 3D titles. Also, on the topic of Slam Masters, we left out the third, forgotten entry! Muscle Bomber Duo: Ultimate Team Battle! lol

Zero 3 Upper would be great but they should really just release the PSP's Alpha 3 MAX to consoles, since they also added Yun, Maki, Eagle as well as Ingrid. I really wish they had never canceled Capcom Fighting All-Stars, it would've been great to have seen D.D. and Rook exist in other titles as well.

• Like 1

I would prefer this collection to be like the first one, with several particular trophies for each separate game in dlc format. this list was just dumb.

On 4/4/2022 at 11:38 AM, SegaJAM said:

Zero 3 Upper would be great but they should really just release the PSP's Alpha 3 MAX to consoles, since they also added Yun, Maki, Eagle as well as Ingrid. I really wish they had never canceled Capcom Fighting All-Stars, it would've been great to have seen D.D. and Rook exist in other titles as well.

Agree. I get why the SF 30th Anniversary Collection stuck with the vanilla version of SFA3 since they were trying to focus on arcade releases only. But someday I hope we'll get a collection of the definitive versions of the SF titles that have had multiple iterations. Not just SFA3 Max, but also SFA2 Gold and Hyper SF2.

On 4/4/2022 at 1:30 PM, Klart said:

If AvP was possible on that arcade stick, it is possible on consoles. Do it CAPCOM! 

The irony is that now, it might be easier if Capcom wanted to re-release AvP, the Marvel games, and Willow, because instead of needing to make agreements and pay fees to three companies (Marvel, 20th Century Fox, and Lucasfilm), they now only have to deal with Disney for all of those properties.  So it might be more worth the effort to release those games again than it would have been in the past.

They were able to come to an agreement to release the Disney Afternoon Collection, and the SNES version of Aladdin was recently added to Disney Classic Games (the only Capcom title among all the Virgin Interactive games), so Capcom seems to still get along well enough with Disney.  Never say never.

Edited by MvComedy
  • Like 1

On 04/04/2022 at 0:21 PM, MvComedy said:

Unlikely due to licensing Issues

Aliens vs. Predator

Buster Bros./Pang and sequels (not developed by Capcom, but did appear on the Capcom Puzzle Collection for PSP so may be possible)

Cadillacs & Dinosaurs

Capcom vs. SNK

Capcom vs. SNK 2

Dimahoo (this title may be possible, not sure of the relationship between Capcom and Eighting)

Dungeons and Dragons: Shadow over Mystara

Dungeons and Dragons: Tower of Doom

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Jojo's Venture

Marvel Super Heroes

Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter

Marvel vs. Capcom

Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Nemo

The Punisher

U.N. Squadron/Area 88

Willow

X-Men: Children of the Atom

X-Men vs. Street Fighter

I may have forgotten one or two.

Aliens vs. Predator, Cadillacs & Dinosaurs, The Punisher

It's so stupid that their very best game are still not released.

I mean it's a meme at this point, since we've been playing them since Windows 98 PCs. it's so surreal for years that I have been demanding these games be releases, yet I can reach under my table and play them on my PSP right now. Or fire up MAME again.

Literally millions of dollars of profit lost over the years on all these games.

Sure I hate it when companies milk their products by continually releasing them over and over again, but it's worse when a company never releases them.

I also have both the D&D games on PS3, but I would love to play them again or at least have another option on playing them, cos you know my PS3 aint gonna last forever. And when it breaks, I also lose Konami's

Turtles In Time remake

The Simpsons

X-Men

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Aliens vs. Predator, Cadillacs & Dinosaurs, The Punisher

It's so stupid that their very best game are still not released.

I mean it's a meme at this point, since we've been playing them since Windows 98 PCs. it's so surreal for years that I have been demanding these games be releases, yet I can reach under my table and play them on my PSP right now. Or fire up MAME again.

Literally millions of dollars of profit lost over the years on all these games.

Sure I hate it when companies milk their products by continually releasing them over and over again, but it's worse when a company never releases them.

I also have both the D&D games on PS3, but I would love to play them again or at least have another option on playing them, cos you know my PS3 aint gonna last forever. And when it breaks, I also lose Konami's

Turtles In Time remake

The Simpsons

X-Men

It's crazy how complicated and laborious renewing these licenses can be. Cadillacs & Dinosaurs is in a particularly weird spot. I'm sure the creator of Xenozoic Tales wouldn't mind seeing the game re-released to earn some royalties, but apparently the publishing rights have changed hands so many times that nobody is willing to pay a lawyer to untangle the rights to the IP so that any media can be published.

Namco has even gone to the point of editing Ms. Pac-man into a different character in its legacy titles in the upcoming Pac-man Museum simply to avoid paying royalties to the American developers who created the character - and they technically aren't even the rights holders anymore! Somehow the royalty payments now go to the company who developed the Genesis Mini console a few years ago.

Edited by MvComedy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Apparently, we will have a second volume of Capcom Stadium!

Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium's 32 game line-up has potentially been leaked through the Microsoft Store, here's the full list:

1943 Kai

Black Tiger

Block Block

Capcom Sports Club

Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors

Eco Fighters

Gan Sumoku (GunSmoke)

Hissatsu Buraiken (Avengers)

Hyper Dyne Side Arms

Hyper Street Fighter II: The Anniversary Edition

Knights of the Round

Last Duel

Magic Sword

Mega Man: The Power Battle

Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters

Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge

Pnickies

Rally 2011 LED Storm

Saturday Night Slam Masters

Savage Bees (Exed Exes)

SonSon

Street Fighter

Street Fighter Alpha: Warriors' Dreams

Street Fighter Alpha 2

Street Fighter Alpha 3

Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix

Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo

The King of Dragons

The Speed Rumbler (Rush & Crash)

Three Wonders

Tiger Road

Vampire Savior: The Lord of Vampire

https://nintendoeverything.com/capcom-arcade-2nd-stadium-full-game-list-leaked/

Another 100% ultra rare coming soon!

2 minutes ago, Sunnyburrito said:

So it's gonna be like the first two? Get the main game free and buy the rest? I love the idea but it gets so expensive.

I just wish all titles had separate trophies, like in the old Arcade Cabinet first volume. I don't care about platinum tho.

5 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

I just wish all titles had separate trophies, like in the old Arcade Cabinet first volume. I don't care about platinum tho.

That would be nice so we could play and 100% them individually, but either way works for me just the price for emulated games that I find a bit steep, might get them on sale like the first one.

i started buying some of the 1st arcade stadium titles. only 2$ so they're not too expensive.

i might begin it when i get enough games in my collection.

if they also appear around 2-3$ for the 2nd stadium i may add a few of the ones i like the most (magic sword, knights of the round, 3 wonders). 

Edited by Lordguwa

Hope the leak is true. Black Tiger and Magic Sword: the two I wanted!

Still don't why they just didn't expand Arcade Stadium 1. I can't imagine the front end for this is much different from the 1st. Just wanted a different way to sell it, I guess.

Btw, there's a thread for this already...

Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium (June/July ‘22) - Capcom Arcade Stadium - PSNProfiles

2 minutes ago, NMErickson said:

Hope the leak is true. Black Tiger and Magic Sword: the two I wanted!

Still don't why they just didn't expand Arcade Stadium 1. I can't imagine the front end for this is much different from the 1st. Just wanted a different way to sell it, I guess.

Btw, there's a thread for this already...

Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium (June/July ‘22) - Capcom Arcade Stadium - PSNProfiles

My bad. Maybe mods will merge this thread into yours. Btw, the purpose was to report on the leak.

4 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

My bad. Maybe mods will merge this thread into yours. Btw, the purpose was to report on the leak.

No worries man. I don’t care how they handle it here, either way is fine. I only knew cuz I made it a while back. But yea, good find on the leak! I kept checking their Twitter April and May for a game list. It seems odd to wait so close to launch to reveal the list.

The thing that bothers me about the list for the 2nd set of games is that it has all but 4 of the 10 games from upcoming Capcom Fighting Collection on it. I realise that Cyberbots was in the first stadium so unless you really want to play ONLINE with any of the 10 games or really want to play Red Earth, Vampire Hunter 2 / Vampire Savior 2 then it makes CFC pointless.

46 minutes ago, Sylvanticore said:

The thing that bothers me about the list for the 2nd set of games is that it has all but 4 of the 10 games from upcoming Capcom Fighting Collection on it. I realise that Cyberbots was in the first stadium so unless you really want to play ONLINE with any of the 10 games or really want to play Red Earth, Vampire Hunter 2 / Vampire Savior 2 then it makes CFC pointless.

Yup. Uncool how they just reuse the same games in the SF Anniversary Collection, the Capcom Beat’m up C and CFC and the Capcom Arcade Stadiums. 

On 4/12/2022 at 11:37 AM, MvComedy said:

A Disney license is one of the easier media licenses to get but they also want a 15-20% cut so that can be a hard pill to swallow depending on what you're releasing