GunfighterHefty

PSA: Journey Event

10 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Just a friendly heads up that there is a listed date of May 2nd for only the second Journey event to earn the 20k miles is a journey event trophy. 

I had taken a hiatus when they released this event so I missed it. Have been stockpiling gems to make sure I can finish it - so you have some time to do the same if your goal is only trophies. 

Posted (edited)

On 4/1/2022 at 10:47 PM, GunfighterHefty said:

Hi all,

Just a friendly heads up that there is a listed date of May 2nd for only the second Journey event to earn the 20k miles is a journey event trophy. 

I had taken a hiatus when they released this event so I missed it. Have been stockpiling gems to make sure I can finish it - so you have some time to do the same if your goal is only trophies. 

Event is up. Anyone have a recommended team?

Edited by The-Captain-388

Also, has anyone unlocked it before reaching 20.000 miles in this event? That would mean it's cumulative, instead of having to earn it all in one event.

3 minutes ago, Migahel said:

Also, has anyone unlocked it before reaching 20.000 miles in this event? That would mean it's cumulative, instead of having to earn it all in one event.

Not cumultative

4 hours ago, The-Captain-388 said:

Event is up. Anyone have a recommended team?

Journey Event Souls: [1090,7025,7176,6297,3071,1,3,1,1,3,1,2,14028]

phylactery (weapon), judge of dead, deathclaw, pharos-ra 

Journey Event True Damage: [7176,1224,6789,6453,3040,1,3,1,1,3,1,2,14028]

deathclaw, secrets of the crypt (weapon), the gray king, umberwolf

Journey Event Low Cost: [6508,1129,7176,6453,3046,1,3,1,1,3,1,2,14028]

wall of bones, black manacles (weapon), deathclaw, umberwolf

According to the "roadmap" that the developers laid out earlier this year, there's a new kingdom releasing in July, likely the middle of the next campaign.  So if you don't have the time or resources to do 20k miles this week, there's always two months from now.

20k miles requires at least 2 x Tier 7 purchases to get enough sigils to make it there.  Depending on your "luck" with things like Valravens and getting screwed in the occasional battle, it may take 3 x Tier 7 purchases.  At least, that was the experience of my guildmates during the previous Journey event.

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, SiC said:

Not cumultative

Journey Event Souls: [1090,7025,7176,6297,3071,1,3,1,1,3,1,2,14028]

phylactery (weapon), judge of dead, deathclaw, pharos-ra 

Journey Event True Damage: [7176,1224,6789,6453,3040,1,3,1,1,3,1,2,14028]

deathclaw, secrets of the crypt (weapon), the gray king, umberwolf

Journey Event Low Cost: [6508,1129,7176,6453,3046,1,3,1,1,3,1,2,14028]

wall of bones, black manacles (weapon), deathclaw, umberwolf

My team:

Deathclaw, Vlad the Unsated, Xathenos, Prismatic Orb (weapon).

Edited by RcrdD
New config of the team

I'm at 7kish points so far. Battles are kinda rough even so far. Have bought several tier 7s already just for the stats to keep up. 

My biggest breakthrough came with the black manacles weapon. I became laughably out leveled super early in the event, but this weapon kept me capable of grinding out the full 20k thanks to its 20% chance to devour an enemy and take all of its stats. The rest of my team was Skeleton and Skeleros for generating skulls and then the guide troop Deathclaw. This build requires a ton of gems though (spent around 4k) since you'll lose a lot of battles waiting for RNG to cooperate on the devour. But I don't have a ton of better troops/weapons and I found this set up consistently earning wins. One thing that is helpful is being able to peek at your enemy before the battle. Avoid any battle where the enemies are immune to devour.

Finished my 20K on Tuesday with this team:

Life & Death (Sentinel class)

Xathenos

Deathclaw

The Gray King

Wasn’t too bad but the scaling late game becomes awfully tough but that’s where deathmarks and Xathenos ability to scale with difficulty and summoning helps a lot. Avoid the teams with immunity to deathmarks if you can. 

For reference, I bought 3x T7’s and I think I spent 3500-4000 gems, can’t remember exactly where I started and earned some along the way as well.

Posted (edited)

There's a Journey event again this week. It's a pain in the ass, but I managed to get this trophy, spent about 3,000 gems for potions/additional sigils.

The team I've used:

+9 Black Manacles (Doomed Hammer is better afaik, but I don't have it)
Chalcedony (make sure it's upgraded to mythic for 3x miles bonus)

Gargoyle

Gargoyle

Use a Titan class or upcoming Geomancer (that will be released this Friday - it has a trait that makes every construct start with 50% mana).

You can often get into an almost-infinite loop spamming Chalcedony's ability, and Gargoyle's ability scales off of enemies attack. If you're lucky, Black Manacles have a 20% chance to devour an enemy. Good luck - you'll need some good RNG.

Keep in mind I'm hundreds of hours in, and my level is 1,100+, it wasn't easy for me. If you're not that deep into the game, do not waste your gems, as the scaling is pretty brutal once enemies are level 400+.

Edited by GumiDeLaGumi